Difference between revisions of "ReleaseStatus Minutes 2010-01-11 IRC log"

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(ReleaseStatus Minutes 2010-01-11 IRC log)
Line 110: Line 110:
(16:01:07) mdamboldt: bye<br>
(16:01:07) mdamboldt: bye<br>
(16:01:18) ja_: bye bye
(16:01:18) ja_: bye bye
[[Category:Release Meeting]]

Latest revision as of 19:08, 16 March 2010

(14:59:11) Das Thema für #oooreleases ist: Release-Stauts-Meeting, every monday at 15:00 Hamburg Time (13:00 UTC in summer)
(14:59:12) kai_a [n=Kai_Ahre@188-193-180-246-dynip.superkabel.de] hat den Raum betreten.
(14:59:19) mdamboldt: Hi
(14:59:25) VolkerMe: Moin
(14:59:32) dtardon hat den Raum verlassen (quit: Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)).
(14:59:41) rtimm [n=Ruediger@nat/sun/x-efnwsvnapbimcyav] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:00:31) sophi: Hi
(15:00:37) UweL [n=chatzill@nat/sun/x-bmwymdxgncfbpqjr] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:00:39) enoki: hi
(15:01:34) mdamboldt: Ok, so lets start todays release status meeting.
(15:01:41) mdamboldt: What do we have?
(15:01:56) mdamboldt: We are in progress to finish the OOO320m9 build right now.
(15:02:25) mdamboldt: The upload would start this late afternoon / evening.
(15:02:55) mdamboldt: That would be our RC2. We addressed all known and accepted stopper issues in that build.
(15:03:10) mdamboldt: Currently no further stopper is is open for the 3.2 release.
(15:03:14) VolkerMe: mdamboldt: Congrat. Fast work.
(15:03:26) dtardon [n=dtardon@nat/redhat/x-snxrqveihgdzdgro] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:03:55) mdamboldt: It will take some time to distribute the tons of files thru the whole mirror network.
(15:04:21) mdamboldt: Please don't expect the bits to show up on all of the mirror earlier than Wednesday evening.
(15:06:25) MechtiIde: from me too , great work (also for the Base issues)
(15:07:11) mdamboldt: Usually we plan one week for the OOo QA approval. This would mean Wednesday 20th January 2010.
(15:07:14) MechtiIde: thanks also at obo I saw his announcement
(15:08:53) VolkerMe: mdamboldt: So we must have a RSM out of schedule Wednesday or Thursday next week?
(15:09:27) VolkerMe: (given there are no new showstoppers)
(15:10:29) of_sun: We should not forget to sign the MSI files before upload.
(15:11:02) mdamboldt: VolkerMe: We can see what the status next Monday is and can schedule a short RSM for Tuesday or Wednesday by than
(15:11:15) mdamboldt: of_sun: signing is already in progress right now.
(15:11:40) of_sun: OK
(15:12:01) VolkerMe: ja_: What time is needed for re-distribution of the renamed files for final then?
(15:13:58) MechtiIde: IMO nearly two days after approval in qatrack and writing the issue
(15:14:53) mdamboldt: ja_ / mla: Isn't it more or less an instant switch these days from RC -> Final?
(15:15:14) ja_: VolkerMe: redistribution needs between 12 and 48 hours. I have no influence how long it will take to rsync to all mirrors. Mostly builds will be available a bit earlier as long as mirrors can rsync hard links.
(15:16:31) ja_: When looking at the DEV300_m69 distribution it just needed eight hours to be available...
(15:17:43) mla: mdamboldt: we hardlink a rc when it should be the final, no new upload is needed, the mirror just needs to rsync which should be fast
(15:18:39) VolkerMe: ja_ mla : Will we switch to mirrorbrain?
(15:19:16) ja_: VolkerMe: this is what I expect
(15:19:19) mla: yes, thats the plan
(15:21:35) mdamboldt: I like to raise one further item here today (again) related to the 3.2 release
(15:22:26) mdamboldt: Some meetings ago there came up some questions regarding changes in the mix of download sets containing a JRE and some containing no JRE.
(15:23:02) mdamboldt: As already explained, we can't fulfill everybody needs and wishes since we have very limited space on the ftp instrasturcture.
(15:23:27) mdamboldt: So I like to give you a heads-up which files would be published by RC2 release.
(15:24:32) mdamboldt: In general we will publish all installation sets with JREs. But for Solaris, we plan to publish only the installation sets without JRE.
(15:24:33) MechtiIde: for me the same as RC1 I get no other information from the German community during the testphase
(15:25:26) mdamboldt: All duplicate installation sets not containing a JRE, we will only upload as long as there is enough space remaining in the ftp mirror system.
(15:26:18) mdamboldt: Marcus Lange (mla) had done some measuremeant. All JRE and none-JRE sets together have nearly 80 GB.
(15:26:52) mla: but without windows
(15:27:04) mla: that would count additionally
(15:27:42) MechtiIde: for the german Community only solaris x86 with JRE was tested
(15:28:25) MechtiIde: and older releases are only with JRE becaause the other installtion failed
(15:30:21) mdamboldt: Usually Solaris comes with a bundled JRE. OpenSolaris may not.
(15:30:44) MechtiIde: I mean tests are under Opensolaris
(15:31:38) MechtiIde: that is the only version tested in the Germanophone community
(15:31:59) mdamboldt: Well, to not block the QA approval for the 3.2 release on Solaris, I'm happy to only publish wJRE sets for Solaris.
(15:33:07) mla: ok, let me summarize this point
(15:33:23) dtardon hat den Raum verlassen (quit: "this parrot is dead").
(15:33:35) mla: we will upload builds with JRE in general (except Mac)
(15:33:59) mla: and will have a look for mirror space to see which builds without JRE we could upload additionally
(15:36:50) ja_: mdamboldt: +1
(15:37:12) paveljanik [n=Pavel@unaffiliated/paveljanik] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:37:32) MechtiIde: mla, maybe is it possible to publish the languges with are also in the DEV builds asl without RPM?
(15:38:41) MechtiIde: I think for the Linux/RPMs
(15:38:43) ja_: Mechtilde: -1
(15:39:02) mla: mechtilde: you mean dev builds only as debian packages?
(15:39:09) MechtiIde: no
(15:40:01) MechtiIde: first that langauges as "without JRE" which are also published as DEVs?
(15:41:04) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: For what reason?
(15:41:12) mla: ah, you mean to speed up mirror distribution?
(15:41:49) MechtiIde: I think it is to complicate sorry
(15:42:10) MechtiIde: let us take the next step
(15:43:12) mdamboldt: So we go ahead with 3.2 as summarized by mla?
(15:47:00) mdamboldt: Hello?
(15:47:40) blauwal: +1
(15:47:44) mla: +1
(15:47:49) UweL: +1
(15:47:51) ja_: As I already mentioned I can support the proposal to provide wJRE installation sets only (except Mac) but I still have concerns if it is a good decision when looking to users from countries having a very small bandwidth. Anyhow +1
(15:47:54) Stefan_b: +1
(15:48:30) mdamboldt: Ok
(15:48:38) mdamboldt: Anything else related to 3.2 release?
(15:49:13) mdamboldt: VolkerMe: What would be the Marketing release date in case RC2 becomes final?
(15:50:27) ja_: mdamboldt: I have nothing regarding the 3.2 release but regarding RE duties for DEV300_m70: Kurt Zenker (kz) will care about this build
(15:50:29) VolkerMe: mdamboldt: I think it will be Friday the 22nd. I have tried to contact Florian in between but he is in the train to Hamburg atm
(15:50:55) mdamboldt: ja_: Thanks for the info.
(15:51:11) mdamboldt: VolkerMe: Ok
(15:51:21) ja_: VolkerMe: I will meet Florian this evening so I can discuss this topic with him
(15:51:45) mdamboldt: Well, I've nothing else for todays meeting. Does anybody have some other topics for today?
(15:52:21) MechtiIde: when do we need finish the hyphenation CWS for 3.3
(15:52:27) MechtiIde: +to
(15:52:35) mla: not from me
(15:52:40) UweL: not from my side
(15:53:07) ja_: no more topics from my side
(15:53:16) MechtiIde: I' m working on it and cloph will prepare the CWS
(15:53:31) MechtiIde: when must it be ready?
(15:54:17) Stefan_b: MechtiIde: What hyph CWS?
(15:54:32) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: Currently branch off is targeted for 2010-03-19. That is the drop dead date for feature CWSs
(15:55:06) MechtiIde: so end of Februar 2010 is ok
(15:55:37) msc_sun hat den Raum verlassen (quit: "Leaving.").
(15:55:38) MechtiIde: Stefan_b, there are some more hyphenation files with buggy licenses
(15:55:50) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: I've to correct what I just said, the mentioned date is already the branch date. Yes, end of February 2010 is more correct. Since the CWS needs to be integrated already by the date I mentioned.
(15:56:15) xHDE hat den Raum verlassen (quit: "Leaving.").
(15:57:52) Stefan_b: MechtiIde: Ok, thx.
(15:57:58) Stefan_b: mdamboldt: Fixing licenses is not a feature-freeze date bound thing I believe.
(15:58:24) Stefan_b: ...unless translation is involved...
(15:58:42) MechtiIde: but I think it is ok to have this as th final date
(15:58:46) MechtiIde: in this case
(15:58:56) mdamboldt: Stefan_b: Correct, I was assuming features by accident.
(15:59:11) mdamboldt: Anything else for today?
(15:59:27) ja_: nope
(15:59:58) mla: no
(16:01:06) mdamboldt: Ok, see you latest next Monday!
(16:01:07) mdamboldt: bye
(16:01:18) ja_: bye bye

Personal tools