ReleaseStatus Minutes 2010-01-04 IRC log

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Revision as of 19:08, 16 March 2010 by Ivanm (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

(14:54:50) Das Thema für #oooreleases ist: Release-Stauts-Meeting, every monday at 15:00 Hamburg Time (13:00 UTC in summer)
(14:55:12) rbircher [] hat den Raum betreten.
(14:57:20) rbircher: Hi at all
(14:57:38) ja_: rbircher: Hi Raphael
(14:57:49) ja_: hi all
(14:57:53) mla: a happy new year for all of you :-)
(14:58:34) rbircher: ja Hi joost, and I wish you the samd
(14:58:48) ja_: :)
(14:59:29) MechtiIde: I wish the same to you all
(14:59:43) rbircher: My PPC is dead :-((
(14:59:44) mdamboldt: Hi
(15:00:01) jpmcc [] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:00:03) ja_: rbircher: ouch!
(15:00:35) rbircher: He hase a hardware crash
(15:01:15) mla: rbircher: I hope the repair won't be expensive
(15:01:33) of_not_at_work [] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:01:40) kai_a [n=Kai_Ahre@nat/sun/x-itcscbdygfjvsvum] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:01:49) mdamboldt: So here we are in 2010 and whats up with the OOo 3.2 release? We had a lot of feedback during the Christmas break. I tried to summarize the corresponding issues in the meeting agenda.
(15:02:45) mdamboldt: Roughly we have about ten issues which are all real stoppers. There are crashes but also other regressions. Some of them have just been introduced between m7 and m8 build. I'm glad that those have already been found.
(15:02:47) ja_: twelve issues listed at
(15:03:16) gibi33 [] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:03:40) mdamboldt: As you might guess, we are not running at 100% yet in point of view to people and their Christmas vacations. So it will take some time to review and of course fix all the issues.
(15:04:21) Stefan_b_away [] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:04:24) Stefan_b_away heißt jetzt Stefan_b
(15:04:31) Stefan_b: Hi
(15:04:57) mdamboldt: Roughly I would plan with a new build (RC2) to start end of this week.
(15:05:39) mdamboldt: So earliest mid to end of next week I would expect to see RC2 live on the mirror network.
(15:05:52) Stefan_b: mdamboldt: That is a tight scedule.
(15:06:04) enoki [] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:06:06) paveljanik hat den Raum verlassen (quit: "This computer has gone to sleep").
(15:06:11) mla: because of limited space on mirrors nad
(15:06:18) Stefan_b: TL and CD just opened 3.2 CWSes today
(15:06:19) mdamboldt: Stefan_b: yes it is
(15:06:57) mla: because of limited space on mirrors and that we want to add many lanugages I would suggest to build JRE sets again for Windows and Solaris only
(15:07:25) mla: we will have again some more languages for RC2
(15:08:40) ja_: mla: +1
(15:09:16) rbircher: For me it's ok
(15:09:40) MechtiIde: me too
(15:09:48) mdamboldt: mla: yes, please go ahead
(15:10:51) mdamboldt: Has anybody to add any specific 3.2 issue here which should be discussed in more detail here today?
(15:10:58) rafaella [n=Rafaella@nat/sun/x-ritqsfjtcpqgwzdf] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:11:06) rafaella: hi
(15:11:24) mdamboldt: Hi
(15:12:26) ja_: I'd expect to approve all issues that have been added recently to the agenda
(15:12:38) mdamboldt: rafaella: Do you want to raise anything specific for the 3.2 release in todays meeting?
(15:12:48) jpmcc: I'd like to get 107794 (MySQL data sources) put back on the showstopper list as the proposed workround (using an extension) has a bug resulting from a 3rd party library
(15:13:04) MechtiIde: mdamboldt, I miss the Base Issues in the list :(
(15:13:30) MechtiIde: I only found 107845
(15:13:42) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: You mean Issue 108019?
(15:13:46) rafaella: mdamboldt, I don't have any specific issues for 3.2
(15:13:48) IZBot: Database access DEFECT RESOLVED FIXED P3 Filename property in Base file connected to MS-Access database changed when file is closed
(15:14:03) MechtiIde: no the one with ODBC
(15:15:57) Stefan_b: mdamboldt: we spoke about the DE dict thingie. It is issue 105565. Target 3.2 but no stopper link. TL will fix that one along with otherr dict thingies in dict32b.
(15:16:02) IZBot: lingucomponent DEFECT NEW P3 Please add the latest german dictionaries (for de_DE, de_AT, de_CH)
(15:16:34) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: Which ID?
(15:16:37) MechtiIde: Stefan_b, does this also contain hyphenation?
(15:17:13) MechtiIde: mdamboldt, I look for
(15:17:22) mdamboldt: Stefan_b: Correct, that one we should also put in the 3.2
(15:17:46) MechtiIde: issue 107794 mdamboldt
(15:17:53) IZBot: Database access DEFECT NEW P3 MySQL tables accessed via ODBC do not display in Base
(15:18:03) Stefan_b: mdamboldt: OK, I will set 105565 on the 99999 dependency.
(15:18:13) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: My understanding was it has already been rejected by release status meeting!?!?
(15:18:21) mdamboldt: Stefan_b: thanks!
(15:19:10) paveljanik [n=Pavel@unaffiliated/paveljanik] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:19:17) MechtiIde: no because we hadn't any asses of FrankS
(15:19:56) MechtiIde: about the possibility of a fix without further problems
(15:20:24) gibi33 hat den Raum verlassen (quit: Remote closed the connection).
(15:20:27) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: FrankS is currently looking into that one.
(15:21:13) MechtiIde: Stefan_b, does this also contain hyphenation?
(15:21:55) MechtiIde: Stefan_b, then look also to issue 74290
(15:22:02) IZBot: lingucomponent PATCH STARTED P2 distribution of hyph_de_DE.dic violates the LPPL
(15:22:09) MechtiIde: and issue 74289
(15:22:14) IZBot: lingucomponent PATCH STARTED P3 distribution of hyph_de_CH.dic violates the LPPL
(15:25:48) gibi33 [] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:30:35) VolkerMe: MechtiIde: Are these the same files as in the extensions for de-DE, de-AT and de-CH dated summer 2009?
(15:31:24) MechtiIde: i do the diff against the version with is in OOO320-m8
(15:31:58) MechtiIde: and it is only about the license
(15:32:29) MechtiIde: the license of the hyphenation
(15:32:35) Stefan_b: mdamboldt: Because of issue 105565, TL must touch all three DE dicts anyway. Looks like all in one go is possible.
(15:32:46) IZBot: timed out - please visit the URL yourself:
(15:33:07) mdamboldt: Stefan_b: In this case, please go ahead.
(15:33:36) Stefan_b: OK, I will set those targets to 3.2 and tell TL to add to his dict CWS.
(15:36:50) mdamboldt: In the meantime I just learned Issue 107965 does not occur in m8 anymore at all.
(15:36:59) IZBot: Presentation DEFECT CLOSED WORKSFORME P3 Selection behaviour broken with tables that contain spaces on Solaris/OpenSolaris
(15:37:52) MechtiIde: Stefan_b, if you need some special added information, please ask
(15:39:31) mdamboldt: Ok. Thats all to bring up today for 3.2 release?
(15:39:36) Stefan_b: MechtiIde: thanks.
(15:40:06) ja_: RE duties: Jens-Heiner Rechtien to build DEV300_m69 and Oliver Bolte to build OOO320_m9.
(15:41:09) mdamboldt: From my point of view the OOo 3.2 marketing announcement will be pushed out to end of January. May be we can give a more concrete date next week when RC2 becomes available.
(15:41:53) dtardon hat den Raum verlassen (quit: "this parrot is dead").
(15:42:36) mdamboldt: Anything else for todays meeting?
(15:43:08) Stefan_b: mdamboldt: well, yes...
(15:43:39) Stefan_b: I just saw issue 107843.
(15:43:45) IZBot: Word processor DEFECT UNCONFIRMED P3 Words containing em dash fail spell check
(15:44:36) ja_: Stefan_b: and you were able to reproduce this ?
(15:47:17) Stefan_b: ja_: Yes. But must clarify with TL about details, effort, risk. Good tzhing: This fits into the dict CWS. Bad: Maybe hunspell fix needed. Then: Not this week...
(15:48:16) Stefan_b: Can not provides details for decision just now.
(15:48:32) _Nesshof_1 [] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:49:19) mdamboldt: Stefan_b: Ok, so we keep an eye on that one and will see the details the next days.
(15:49:39) mdamboldt: Thats all for today?
(15:50:11) msc_sun hat den Raum verlassen
(15:50:41) blauwal: bye
(15:50:45) blauwal hat den Raum verlassen
(15:51:00) Stefan_b: bye
(15:51:07) rbircher: for me yes
(15:51:09) Stefan_b heißt jetzt Stefan_b_away
(15:51:18) mdamboldt: Ok, so talk to you all next week latest again.
(15:51:19) mdamboldt: bye
(15:51:29) mla: bye

Personal tools