ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-12-14 IRC log

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Revision as of 14:38, 14 December 2009 by JoostAndrae (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

(14:59:05) Das Thema für #oooreleases ist: Release-Stauts-Meeting, every monday at 15:00 Hamburg Time (13:00 UTC in summer)
(14:59:11) ja_: Moin
(14:59:56) jpmcc [] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:00:18) of_sun: Hi
(15:00:25) stefan_b: Moin moin!
(15:00:33) paveljanik: Moin
(15:00:40) mdamboldt: Hi everyone!
(15:00:49) mdamboldt: Let's start with todays release meeting:
(15:00:56) UweL [n=chatzill@nat/sun/x-hfbymwqfqqrhvesm] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:01:31) mdamboldt: Right now, it looks like we are in pretty good shape for the OOo 3.2 release candidate 1.
(15:01:44) mdamboldt: All remaining stopper issues have been fixed and verified.
(15:01:56) mdamboldt: Corresponding CWSs have been approved.
(15:01:58) rtimm: great
(15:02:16) mdamboldt: The next round on the OOO320m8 has just started a couple of minutes ago.
(15:02:23) MechtiIde: what happen with last 8 issues?
(15:02:45) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: There are no open stopper issues registered at the meta one.
(15:02:50) kai_a [n=Kai_Ahre@nat/sun/x-hgnktjxkwwgclplm] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:03:23) MechtiIde: I looked at the agenda in the wiki
(15:04:38) mdamboldt: Indeed there is a link in the agenda to issues on target 3.2. But those are not declared as 3.2 stoppers.
(15:04:57) mdamboldt: I think best thing is to ping owners for review. I will do so.
(15:05:19) MechtiIde: I only want to know for communicating it
(15:05:22) ja_: mdamboldt: so it looks like we can name OOO320_m8 RC1 (?!)
(15:05:39) MechtiIde: ja_, +1
(15:05:45) mdamboldt: ja_: I think so. We already talked about this last week.
(15:06:07) mdamboldt: I would expect to see the OOO320m8 with tons of installations sets available for review.
(15:06:44) MechtiIde: mdamboldt, me too
(15:07:42) mdamboldt: I cross my fingers nothing unforseen happens and the bits will be available on mirrors even before next week end.
(15:10:16) rtimm: mdamboldt: christmas is coming, time for wishes ;-)
(15:10:42) blauwal: mdamboldt: Did you send Oliver the updated language list?
(15:10:49) mdamboldt: I would love to see as much feedback on the RC1 during Christmas break as possible. On the other hand I like to keep the gate for possible further 3.2 release stoppers as close as possible. Which means that I would like to ask further possible upcoming nominations very critical whether those are really crashes, data loss, etc.
(15:11:05) mdamboldt: blauwal: I guess mla did so!?
(15:11:08) mdamboldt: mla:?
(15:11:30) blauwal: mdamboldt: Until now Oliver hasn't heard anything ...
(15:11:33) mla: me? no, I haven't anything to do with languages
(15:11:49) mla: oliver wanted ask frank
(15:11:57) rtimm: Oliver asked Bernd or Frank for a database query of translation status
(15:12:11) mdamboldt: rtimm: ok
(15:12:22) ***mdamboldt seems I mixed up things here
(15:12:42) ja_: I'll clarify this
(15:14:01) dtardon hat den Raum verlassen (quit: "this parrot is dead").
(15:14:11) mdamboldt: Any other items regarding 3.2 release?
(15:14:33) UweL: not from my side
(15:14:54) ja_: RE duties: DEV300_m68 will be done by Vladimir Glazunov (vg) and OOO320_m8 will be done by Oliver Bolte (obo)
(15:15:58) mla: one note from me
(15:16:19) mla: we will delete the 3.1.1 RC to be able to upload 3.2.0 RC
(15:16:44) MechtiIde: it's ok for me
(15:16:48) ja_: mla: OK from my side
(15:16:53) mdamboldt: I know we still didn't nail down any date for the public release / marketing announcement. And I would still like to keep that date open. We may set something like end of first week of January 2010, but right now nobody knows what the feedback on RC1 would look like. So I would roughly plan with something like end of calendar week 1 earliest in case somebody from marketing asks.
(15:17:55) MechtiIde: I propose the second calendar week
(15:18:01) jpmcc hat den Raum verlassen (quit: Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)).
(15:18:23) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: To make sure everybody involved is back from holiday?
(15:18:38) MechtiIde: yes
(15:18:43) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: +1
(15:19:05) UweL: +1
(15:19:32) ja_: +1
(15:19:33) mla: +1
(15:19:36) mdamboldt: Even if there is not a sinlge stopper on RC1, it would indeed cost some time to review feedback. And yes, one or the other might not be back right at 4th January.
(15:19:44) mdamboldt: Further items?
(15:20:02) mdamboldt: Btw. I will be off starting on Tuesday 22nd and I will be back on 4th Jan
(15:20:42) rtimm: Do we have a meeting next week?
(15:21:03) stefan_b: Who will be here?
(15:21:07) mdamboldt: rtimm: I will be there. May be the meeting would be short.
(15:21:09) ***blauwal is available next week
(15:21:12) jpmcc [] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:21:24) rtimm: mdamboldt: me too :-)
(15:21:35) UweL: me too
(15:21:52) MechtiIde: we should look if it is neccessary
(15:22:18) rtimm: We can meet, there just would not be much to discuss / decide
(15:22:19) MechtiIde: for a short interchange
(15:22:28) ja_: as well i'll be in vacation starting at Dec. 21st and I'll be back at Jan. 4th
(15:23:21) MechtiIde: maybe we have first results for the RC1
(15:23:28) rtimm: OK, so see you next monday
(15:23:42) ja_: jpmcc: John, please take a look at the meeting minutes when available
(15:23:45) of_sun hat den Raum verlassen (quit:
(15:23:45) mla hat den Raum verlassen (quit:
(15:24:33) jpmcc: ja_: will do. My Krappy Koala hung half way through the irc
(15:25:05) mdamboldt: Ok, here a little summary of todays meeting:
(15:25:05) mdamboldt: - We are in good shape based on todays status to release OOo 3.2 RC1 end of this week. that will be the OOO320m8
(15:25:06) mdamboldt: - Next week (cw52) the release status meeting will take place as usual (may be shorter than usual)
(15:25:06) mdamboldt: - Next release status meeting after the Christmas break will be on Monday 4th January 2010
(15:25:12) mdamboldt: Did I miss anything?
(15:25:33) jpmcc: Possible announce date for 3.2?
(15:25:57) ja_: meeting minutes are available from here:
(15:26:52) jpmcc: Ok, w/c 11 Jan - thanks
(15:26:52) mdamboldt: jpmcc: Yes, indeed. Some minutes ago I summarized that we can't forsee the RC1 feedback. Thus I will plan with a marketing release / public availablility of 3.2 in 2nd week of January 2010.
(15:27:29) jpmcc: mdamboldt: so we need to get mirrorbrain ready in the next week if we are to use it instead of bouncer
(15:29:07) ja_: jpmcc: we'll use MirrorBrain for 3.2
(15:30:08) jpmcc: ja_: only if we can get them to provide download statistics
(15:30:46) of_sun2 [n=chatzill@nat/sun/x-qrursdzrrnkoatib] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:30:57) ***mdamboldt wasn't aware of any open dependency regarding mirror brain.
(15:32:05) mdamboldt: Does anybody know details, for example when do we know whether mirror brain can supply missing statistics?
(15:32:55) ***mdamboldt My assumption was that smaller milestones we tested in reation with mirror brain were successfull and RC1 was targeted to be the first broader one using mirror brain.
(15:33:19) jpmcc: mdamboldt: we've been in discussions for many weeks (months?) but we haven't yet seen any download data from them
(15:35:30) ja_: In general Peter Poeml hosts log files on and there's discussion between Florian Effenberger, Stefan Taxhet, Marcus Lange and me regarding the statistics
(15:36:23) ja_: btw. should I add the last talks to the IRC log ?
(15:36:51) MechtiIde: ja_, it seems to be better
(15:36:58) jpmcc: ja_: I think Peter is trying to produce something which will meet all the needs of all the projects which might use MB. We need something quite simple, but quickly...
(15:37:07) mdamboldt: ja_: Yes, please
(15:38:31) mdamboldt: Anybody who is volunteering to clarify details about the mirror brain topic?
(15:39:09) ***mdamboldt I think we have at least one topic for next mondays meeting :)
(15:39:09) jpmcc: mdamboldt: I am happy to talk to Peter and explain the urgency for us
(15:39:20) mdamboldt: Thanks!!!
(15:39:40) mdamboldt: Anything else for today?
(15:39:52) ja_: jpmcc: please include Stefan Taxhet, Florian Effenberger, Marcus Lange and me to CC list
(15:40:06) jpmcc: ja_: ok

Personal tools