Difference between revisions of "ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-12-07 IRC log"

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-12-07 IRC log)
m (Categorizing)
Line 65: Line 65:
(15:20:36) mdamboldt: bye<br>
(15:20:36) mdamboldt: bye<br>
(15:20:44) UweL: bye
(15:20:44) UweL: bye
[[Category:Release Meeting]]

Latest revision as of 19:06, 16 March 2010

(14:57:21) Das Thema für #oooreleases ist: Release-Stauts-Meeting, every monday at 15:00 Hamburg Time (13:00 UTC in summer)
(14:57:27) ja_: Moin
(14:58:06) mla [n=ml93712@nat/sun/x-oojhpnrxjtpvvwjm] hat den Raum betreten.
(14:58:12) mla: hi
(14:58:22) mdamboldt: Hi
(14:58:38) blauwal [n=jr93709@nat/sun/x-ihkfxwdfdyjgvkka] hat den Raum betreten.
(14:58:51) kai_a [n=Kai_Ahre@nat/sun/x-wvasbqskunfvialx] hat den Raum betreten.
(14:59:25) of_sun: Hi
(15:00:09) Stefan_b [i=chatzill@g224003163.adsl.alicedsl.de] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:00:14) Stefan_b: Moin
(15:00:59) mdamboldt: Ok, let's have a look at the 3.2 status.
(15:01:00) mdamboldt: There are about two hands full of remaining CWSs left for the 3.2 integration. CWSs are already in progress, most fixes are already available. Only a few are still under evaluation.
(15:01:25) mdamboldt: Very few additional stopper candidates have been raised on the mailing list.
(15:01:59) _rene_: I count 11 :)
(15:02:12) _rene_: (excluding the already nominated ones)
(15:02:39) mdamboldt: The OOO320m7 has been published last week.
(15:02:40) mdamboldt: Due to the low number of already approved CWS today, I'm stating to think about not having another build of OOO320 this week at all.
(15:03:17) mdamboldt: We have less than two weeks left till RC1
(15:04:34) MechtiIde: I think we should start building RC1 on next Monday
(15:04:42) mdamboldt: So we might start thinking about having the next build starting next Monday (14th Dec).
(15:04:54) ja_: +1 to start the m8 build next week
(15:05:18) UweL: +1
(15:05:32) _Nesshof_ [n=martin@nat/sun/x-akfmmuweynmacive] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:05:39) MechtiIde: Monday morning CEST , yes
(15:05:44) mdamboldt: Ok, so we need to make sure that people complete development work on the CWSs asap and bring them into QA mid of this week.
(15:05:57) _rene_: that would require all cwses be QAed and integrated by the. which I don't see :-)
(15:06:13) _rene_: btw, someone should get a QA rep for qstartfix2
(15:06:42) mdamboldt: _rene_: I already pinged the owner about that. Status is not yet clear to me.
(15:07:17) _rene_: mdamboldt: there's nothing to ping. it's RfQA. it just needs a QA rep
(15:07:39) _rene_: I don't think meeks need to run after one :)
(15:09:22) MechtiIde: _rene_, which issue(s9 are affected
(15:09:25) _rene_: (that said, we already have it in the tree anyway and you (some some weird reasons) don't enable the GNOME quickstarter, so I won't fight that much for it)
(15:09:51) _rene_: MechtiIde: use EIS, Leila ;)
(15:10:03) ja_: Mechtilde: the CWS contains issue 101245
(15:10:10) IZBot: framework DEFECT RESOLVED FIXED P3 sfx2: gtk quickstarter crashes on disable/exit http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=101245
(15:10:22) mdamboldt: _rene_: I will check with mh, I might be wrong but I think he was already on that topic.
(15:10:27) MechtiIde: _rene_, On my notebook EIS is unusable
(15:10:48) mdamboldt: Any other items for 3.2 or for todays meeting in general?
(15:11:18) _rene_: if we start build next week on monday
(15:11:28) _rene_: will we call it rc1 in any case?
(15:11:36) _rene_: or will we decide on monday?
(15:12:05) _rene_: I mean, we could still find some stoppers in this week :-)
(15:12:07) MechtiIde: IMo we can decide it today
(15:12:10) mdamboldt: Well we would have to look after open/new/unresolved stoppers on target 3.2 first next Monday.
(15:12:14) MechtiIde: for my +1
(15:12:49) MechtiIde: s/my/me
(15:14:34) ja_: +1 to decide on RC1 next Monday
(15:14:40) blauwal: +1
(15:14:58) mdamboldt: Ok, so for the records I make a note that we agreed to not start another build on the OOO320 code line this week.
(15:14:58) mdamboldt: The next build we will start on Monday 14th Dec.
(15:14:58) mdamboldt: On next Monday we will look after open 3.2 stoppers and will decide in next weeks release meeting about calling the next OOO320 build RC1.
(15:15:50) MechtiIde: IMO we have to call the next build RC1 because of the long time over Christmas
(15:16:12) mdamboldt: Further notes: All developers are being asked to finish their 3.2 CWSs by mid of this weeks, to enable the QA team to review those CWSs in time for next OOO320 build.
(15:16:23) mla: mdamboldt: this means the build will start after the meeting?
(15:16:49) MechtiIde: as we did it last year
(15:17:29) mdamboldt: mla: Don't nail me down on that right now. All CWS which are already nominated this week, may already be integrated this week. So we start to work on the next build but we are not building it already. Hopes this helps.
(15:17:30) MechtiIde: independent if we know we need another RC or not
(15:17:49) mla: ok
(15:18:16) Andreas_SunOOoUX [n=andreas_@nat/sun/x-djouqactrjabpgnw] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:18:31) mdamboldt: Who will be the OOO320 contact for integration of CWSs which are nominated this week?
(15:18:48) ja_: this will probably be Oliver Bolte
(15:19:29) mdamboldt: Ok. Did I miss anything? Or is this all for todays meeting?
(15:19:59) ja_: RE duties regarding DEV300_m67: Kurt Zenker
(15:20:34) mdamboldt: Ok. Thankyou all. See you latest next Monday!
(15:20:36) mdamboldt: bye
(15:20:44) UweL: bye

Personal tools