ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-11-16 IRC log
(14:57:08) mla [n=ml93712@nat/sun/x-ljjjdqwcmkvsashk] hat den Raum betreten.
(14:57:34) mdamboldt_away heißt jetzt mdamboldt
(14:57:52) ja_: Moin
(14:58:13) mla: hi
(14:58:22) MechtiIde: hello
(14:59:14) mdamboldt: Hi
(14:59:28) enoki: hi
(15:01:33) mdamboldt: OOo 3.2 release
(15:01:55) mdamboldt: Last week there was no new OOO320 build due to very few available CWSs
(15:01:57) kai_a [n=Kai_Ahre@nat/sun/x-dbmmituxocwlztpn] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:02:18) mdamboldt: Thus I postponed the build a couple of days and the OOO320m5 build just started a couple of minutes ago.
(15:02:22) rafaella [n=Rafaella@nat/sun/x-mojevnmcawhchhzl] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:02:57) mdamboldt: So I expect to see the OOO320m5 to be available for download later this week.
(15:03:05) Stefan_b [firstname.lastname@example.org] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:03:06) MechtiIde: so we expect the integration of the localisations in m6?
(15:03:18) mdamboldt: Yes
(15:03:31) mdamboldt: While you named it, L10N.....
(15:04:01) mdamboldt: Last week, while Ivo provided the L10N CWS build, we stumbled over an issue within the 3.2 schedule.
(15:04:32) mdamboldt: Instead of one week we only had two days between translation delivery and L10N CWS builds.
(15:04:39) blauwal [n=jr93709@nat/sun/x-rokkqqloinyxgdma] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:04:45) mdamboldt: To make it worth, two days of them were a weekend.
(15:05:44) mdamboldt: The OOo 3.2 is an important one including many new translations. Thus I expect to simply extend the schedule to allow full L10N QA as usual.
(15:06:31) mdamboldt: So I would shift the L10N TCM testing from 2009-11-19 to 2009-11-26. And following dates accordingly.
(15:07:12) mdamboldt: Which brings us to a approval for the release, right before Christmas.
(15:07:31) MechtiIde: mdamboldt, one problem of the CWs build is that they are older as the Beta version
(15:07:50) mdamboldt: For example 2009-12-17 could be realistic to give the OOo 3.2 release a GO from QA point of view.
(15:07:59) MechtiIde: maybe we can change such problem for the next release
(15:09:18) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: I will ping Ivo. Of course it should be possible to re-sync the CWS before publishing builds.
(15:10:46) mdamboldt: Talking about OOo 3.2 schedule again, a "GO" from QA on 2009-12-17 would mean a public 3.2 release in January 2009 due to the Christmas break. We already discussed this issue in general while talking about the former L10N shift due to very high word counts for this release.
(15:11:21) MechtiIde: Is ir really necessary?
(15:12:09) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: What exactly? To shift the public release till January 2009?
(15:12:20) MechtiIde: to expand the L10n testing
(15:12:22) rafaella: MechtiIde, I think it is important to give the N-L teams enough time to test
(15:12:32) MechtiIde: and then to ship the release date
(15:12:46) Stefan_b: shift?
(15:12:59) Stefan_b: :-)
(15:13:31) MechtiIde: to movwe
(15:13:34) MechtiIde: to move
(15:13:41) _rene_: 17.12 + 6 is 23, before x-mas ;)
(15:14:11) mdamboldt: OOo 3.2 is the next big minor in 3.x code line, we had much more L10N stuff than expected, I won't like to cut the QA for that
(15:15:23) rafaella: mdamboldt, I also hope that giving the N-L teams the time to do proper QA will bring them in a better position to approve RC l10n builds later on
(15:16:45) MechtiIde: Does better l10n testing give us the possibility to do a shorter Release testing?
(15:17:00) MechtiIde: so we maybe release 3.2 before Christmas?
(15:18:58) rafaella: MechtiIde, no, I don't think this is the case. It will - hopefully - encourage more teams to approve builds and language packs.
(15:20:23) mdamboldt: For now I would plan with a QA approval at 2009-12-17. Let's see how feedback based on the next milestones ahead of us will look like.
(15:20:45) MechtiIde: +1
(15:20:55) _rene_: mdamboldt: and then you could release as a christmas present on the 23rd if everything goes good ;-)
(15:22:02) mdamboldt: _rene_:;)
(15:22:18) _rene_: (not that I would like to force it if it's not ready, but...)
(15:22:37) rafaella: if we have the product release on December 23rd, that would be for English only, right?
(15:22:50) MechtiIde: why?
(15:23:12) _rene_: rafaella: if the l10n teams approve the rc from the 17th as final, why? :)
(15:23:27) _rene_: rafaella: 6 days should be enough time to hardlink some files ;-)
(15:24:26) ja_: +1 for Martin's proposal to have a QA approval on December 17th and to have a press release in January
(15:26:22) mdamboldt: Some additional 3.2 stoppers candidates have been raised on the mailing list. I think we don't need to review each of those right now in this meeting and can handle those as usual offline.
(15:26:46) mdamboldt: On the agenda there are no further special items. Does anybody have any additional items for todays meeting?
(15:27:21) mdamboldt: Btw. I slightly updated the 3.3 schedule. Updates are based on our past experience with lots of L10N work.
(15:27:36) MechtiIde: No I will do further tests on issue 106934
(15:27:37) mdamboldt: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OOoRelease33
(15:27:43) IZBot: documentation DEFECT NEW P2 Pictures missing at help page http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=106934
(15:30:22) mdamboldt: So it sounds like there is nothing else for todays meeting.....
(15:30:52) mdamboldt: RE duties for this week? (I think OBO aka Oliver Bolte is running the OOO320 build)
(15:32:05) rtimm_away: Yes, Oliver is doing OOO320 m5, Kurt DEV300 m65
(15:32:18) mdamboldt: Ok, thanks
(15:32:32) mdamboldt: Than see you next week latest again.
(15:32:34) mdamboldt: bye