Difference between revisions of "ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-10-19 IRC log"

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-10-19 IRC log)
m (Categorizing)
Line 116: Line 116:
(15:41:58) VolkerMe: Sorry, you're turning my words around.<br>
(15:41:58) VolkerMe: Sorry, you're turning my words around.<br>
(15:42:23) VolkerMe: No more need to discuss.
(15:42:23) VolkerMe: No more need to discuss.
[[Category:Release Meeting]]

Latest revision as of 19:05, 16 March 2010

(14:56:32) Das Thema für #oooreleases ist: Release-Stauts-Meeting, every monday at 15:00 Hamburg Time (13:00 UTC in summer)
(15:01:29) mdamboldt_away [n=mdambold@nat/sun/x-coezxbixvajmegdl] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:01:34) mdamboldt_away: Hi
(15:01:40) mdamboldt_away heißt jetzt mdamboldt
(15:01:56) blauwal: moin
(15:02:01) ja_: Moin
(15:02:04) rtimm [n=Ruediger@] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:02:20) mdamboldt: Let's have a look what we have on our agenda today...
(15:02:20) VolkerMe: moinmoin
(15:02:25) mdamboldt: Issue 10441
(15:02:36) IZBot: tools DEFECT CLOSED FIXED P1 Compilation error in connectivity/source/drivers/mozab/ http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=10441
(15:02:39) stefan_b: Moin!
(15:02:52) mdamboldt: Issue 104421
(15:02:59) IZBot: Installation DEFECT NEW P2 install reports quickstart running and stops http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=104421
(15:03:05) ***mdamboldt 10441 was a typo
(15:03:19) stefan_b: I thought it was a history lesson :-)
(15:03:45) mdamboldt: Another 3.2 candidate is issue 86464
(15:03:49) IZBot: documentation DEFECT VERIFIED FIXED P3 Help: Index tab page listbox is empty, Help page is blank http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=86464
(15:04:09) mdamboldt: Don't panic about 86464, the fix is about missing meta data. It's not l10n relevant.
(15:04:11) stefan_b: Just spoke to UFI about that one.
(15:04:54) VolkerMe: We came across that as we noticed there is no help page displayed for the startcenter
(15:05:02) mdamboldt: I think both are that self explaining that we agree both are �valid stoppers.
(15:05:12) stefan_b: Not exactly a regression, but correct help in the very start center is a good thing. It is planned to add that one to CWS tl75.
(15:05:15) pjanik [n=Pavel@unaffiliated/paveljanik] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:05:27) mdamboldt: Also on the agenda the high number of 3.2 Issues. Volker added the query to the agenda.
(15:05:49) mdamboldt: I already started to ping owners of those issues and asked for reviewing them.
(15:06:03) paveljanik hat den Raum verlassen (quit: Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)).
(15:06:04) VolkerMe: stefan_b: Exactly. The help page had never been displayed since startcenter introduction.
(15:06:06) UweL [n=chatzill@nat/sun/x-uwdjpcwzxpwiqhvu] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:07:00) mdamboldt: So thats already all we had on the agenda in Wiki.
(15:07:13) mdamboldt: Anything else you want to raise today?
(15:07:23) stefan_b: UFI said that it already works well in his local environment. I will add 86464 to meta issue for 3.2 now.
(15:07:46) mdamboldt: For example there was a discussion on releases list about l10n packs and the corresponding approvals for such.
(15:08:02) MechtiIde: the Germanophone Community announced OOO320_m2 as ?.2Beta
(15:08:07) MechtiIde: 3.2Beta
(15:08:16) _rene_: the official one too
(15:08:17) mdamboldt: Marcus is out this week. Sounds he would like to continue work on this when he returns next week.
(15:08:33) _rene_: and I don't remember a discussion about that
(15:09:08) _rene_: we just agreed that m2 would be the base of beta. not that it automatically will be, did we?
(15:09:55) mdamboldt: _rene_: If I remember correct we targeted m2 as Beta in case no beta stoppers are left.
(15:10:16) _rene_: which would have been subject to todays discussion
(15:10:36) _rene_: gow can you determine there's no stoppers when the build was done on Thur and the stuff uploaded directly after it?
(15:11:29) VolkerMe: From the log: "Martin said "As already mentioned there are some Beta blockers open, those I would like to see in OOO320_m2 which would become the Beta than." "
(15:11:48) _rene_: that's besides the point
(15:12:08) _rene_: even if they got fixed in m2 there could be new bugs. or those could not be completely fixed. or whatever elase
(15:12:29) mdamboldt: VolkerMe: I think _rene_ would have like to see some kind of approval process that no new pitfalls have gone in to m2 before we declare it as beta.
(15:14:25) ***mdamboldt sound of silence
(15:14:46) mdamboldt: Nobody has an opinion on that from QA point of view for example?
(15:14:57) VolkerMe: mdamboldt: Sorry, was short afk
(15:15:11) _rene_: what if there was something new in m2?
(15:15:17) pjanik hat den Raum verlassen (quit: "Leaving").
(15:15:32) paveljanik [n=Pavel@unaffiliated/paveljanik] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:15:56) stefan_b: _rene_, thae we have a showstopper for 3.2.
(15:16:11) _rene_: and we have a unusable beta
(15:16:21) _rene_: which t hen can - depending on t he issue - not used for tests
(15:16:24) _rene_: how useful :)
(15:17:05) kai_a [n=Kai_Ahre@nat/sun/x-bbhnanmktjamvakw] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:17:13) stefan_b: So is there a REAL, test-hindering problem with m2 or not?
(15:17:15) MechtiIde: _rene_, I do some test to look it is testable
(15:17:55) _rene_: stefan_b: I didn't yet completely build/install it
(15:18:57) ja_: I use this version for may daily work
(15:20:57) MechtiIde: and the first test from German testers confirm that the Beta version can be tested
(15:21:15) mdamboldt: Ok. This sounds we don't know any issue within m2 yet, which would prevent people from using it as such. As already said, there is no open stopper issue attached to the meta issue for the 3.2 beta. We should continue to talk about a broken beta when it's really the case.
(15:21:21) mdamboldt: Any other topics for today?
(15:21:48) _rene_: mdamboldt: in theory this could have happened
(15:21:59) _rene_: mdamboldt: and in that case, there was no time for reaction
(15:22:07) ja_: _rene_: If you think this version is unusable then please provide Issue IDs
(15:22:11) mdamboldt: _rene_: In theory hell may freeze some day. (SCNR)
(15:22:12) VolkerMe: _rene_: I agree with you that it had been better to have a testimonial from the RSM. But now it is out there and we can't draw it back. I will speak to Florian about this.
(15:22:16) _rene_: ja_: read again
(15:22:20) _rene_: ja_: line for line.
(15:22:36) _rene_: ja_: I will not restate the obvious you would have grokked when reading what I tell here
(15:22:38) mdamboldt: VolkerMe: right
(15:23:14) _rene_: will we also do like this for the release? :)
(15:23:34) _rene_: .oO ( good that the next debiain release probebly will be stuck with 3.1.1 )
(15:23:57) mdamboldt: bye
(15:24:06) UweL: bye
(15:24:11) stefan_b: bye!
(15:24:22) _rene_: ja_: I always spoke for the theory that someting could have been broken
(15:24:30) _rene_: ja_: and that would not have been catched
(15:25:14) MechtiIde: _rene_, if I knew that, I wouldn't do such a decision
(15:25:30) MechtiIde: that wh I told it here
(15:25:43) MechtiIde: I do that decision in lack of time
(15:26:04) MechtiIde: if i waited for the RSm we lost one further week for testing
(15:26:06) _rene_: then don't do it. better do it correctly then doing it quick
(15:26:21) _rene_: (mho)
(15:26:24) xHDE hat den Raum verlassen (quit: "Leaving.").
(15:27:16) MechtiIde: I didn't want to loose another week for testing
(15:27:37) mdamboldt: _rene_: Basically I understand where you come from, but on the other hand whats next? QA approval for regular dev snapshots? The Beta of the 3.2 release is different from all the others we did in the past. We are just behind branch off and would like to get more attention to a dev snapshot. Thats all. We didn't even exchange the splash screen just to name it Beta. - It's just an advanced dev snapshot in point of view. - Nothing to comp
(15:28:06) _rene_: mdamboldt: no. not dev snapshots? wree did you get that from?
(15:28:25) MechtiIde: and VolkerMe *I* informed florian about this
(15:28:25) _rene_: s/?/./
(15:28:43) mdamboldt: _rene_: omg don't get everything wrong by that wording please!!!
(15:29:24) _rene_: I interprete what your write, when you don't mean something, don't write it :-)
(15:29:42) _rene_: of course approval for dev snapshots is not needed that sophisticated by this meeting
(15:29:52) enoki [n=enoki@gw.good-day.jp] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:29:57) _rene_: for something called "Beta" I dissagree
(15:30:20) _rene_: especially as it's the only beta and there won't be a beta2
(15:30:24) VolkerMe: MechtiIde: Sorry, *I* did not know.
(15:31:51) rtimm: mdamboldt: +1 We always talked about providing a snapshot as beta. We never mentioned something like a RC.
(15:32:23) rtimm: So, at the moment OOO320 m2 was finished, no beta stoppers where known -> call it beta
(15:33:01) MechtiIde: rtimm, that's what I also do after some basic tests
(15:33:02) _rene_: ah, right, betas don't need QA. good to know, why did cwses going into it then need QA ;-)
(15:33:30) ***_rene_ plays devils advocate, I know, but I constantly loose trust in the release process wrt such stuff
(15:33:35) MechtiIde: _rene_, the Beta version get the same QA as the CWS not more
(15:33:49) MechtiIde: the releasing version get much more QA
(15:34:04) ja_: Mechtilde: +1
(15:35:40) VolkerMe: _rene_: It has been talked about weeks ago what kind of beta this will be. A dev-snapshot and not more, as decided here.
(15:37:08) ja_: Short info regarding RE duties: DEV300_m62 build is not finished yet. DEV300_m63 will be done by Vladimir Glazunov.
(15:37:12) _rene_: it's still called Beta
(15:37:23) _rene_: I know what it's supposed to. people outside there don't.
(15:38:19) VolkerMe: Therefore I proposed a different naming. You did not want it.
(15:38:57) makot_ [n=opera@gw.good-day.jp] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:39:31) makot_ hat den Raum verlassen
(15:40:07) _rene_: you proposed pre. which is silly (sorry) and has technical problems.
(15:41:58) VolkerMe: Sorry, you're turning my words around.
(15:42:23) VolkerMe: No more need to discuss.

Personal tools