Difference between revisions of "ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-10-05 IRC log"

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with '(14:58:44) Das Thema für #oooreleases ist: Release-Stauts-Meeting, every monday at 15:00 Hamburg Time (13:00 UTC in summer)<br> (14:58:55) MechtiIde: ja_, hello<br> (14:59:04) j…')
m (Categorizing)
Line 119: Line 119:
(16:04:13) stefan_b: bye<br>
(16:04:13) stefan_b: bye<br>
(16:05:00) ja_: bye
(16:05:00) ja_: bye
[[Category:Release Meeting]]

Latest revision as of 19:05, 16 March 2010

(14:58:44) Das Thema für #oooreleases ist: Release-Stauts-Meeting, every monday at 15:00 Hamburg Time (13:00 UTC in summer)
(14:58:55) MechtiIde: ja_, hello
(14:59:04) ja_: Hi
(14:59:04) MechtiIde: ja_, one question before
(14:59:20) kai_a [n=Kai_Ahre@nat/sun/x-kjvtravgmdaahntk] hat den Raum betreten.
(14:59:31) MechtiIde: does ccheney have canconfirm rights?
(14:59:50) mdamboldt_away [n=mdambold@nat/sun/x-ilypwglmrhjqzsdu] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:00:09) mdamboldt_away heißt jetzt mdamboldt
(15:01:48) mdamboldt hat den Raum verlassen
(15:01:57) stefan_b: Hi!
(15:02:17) mdamboldt_away [n=mdambold@] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:02:42) mdamboldt_away: Hi
(15:02:56) mdamboldt_away heißt jetzt mdamboldt
(15:04:36) mdamboldt: Ok, first item on the agenda is the Issue 105266 and an issue with buildbot.
(15:04:43) IZBot: Presentation DEFECT VERIFIED FIXED P2 Inserting comments does not work http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=105266
(15:04:44) mdamboldt: This should be solved now.
(15:05:14) mdamboldt: In the cloned CWS there was a wrong environment entry which has been adjusted. Build are triggered again now.
(15:05:58) blauwa2 [n=jr93709@nat/sun/x-ncznckjpmpwqjshi] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:05:59) mdamboldt: Next topci: As announced by Lutz in his blog update, the new odficons will not become part of OOo 3.2 release.
(15:06:22) mdamboldt: The new icons have been shifted to OOo 3.3 release for OpeenOffice.org.
(15:06:36) MechtiIde: mdamboldt, FACK
(15:06:45) rafaella [n=Rafaella@nat/sun/x-igjauklrypcvxdyw] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:08:02) MechtiIde: what about localisation?
(15:08:47) mdamboldt: Next topic: We have much more strings for 3.2 release than expected. We are facing a word count of 46.000.
(15:09:07) MechtiIde: that is not reall true?
(15:09:13) MechtiIde: really
(15:09:23) mdamboldt: As a result Rafaella requested two additional weeks for translation.
(15:09:46) rafaella: Noby ojected to my proposal so far...
(15:09:51) MechtiIde: then we have to shift the RC1
(15:10:15) mdamboldt: This will bring the OOo 3.2 announce date to Tuesday, 15 December 2009.
(15:10:46) MechtiIde: that is very late if we want to release before Christmas
(15:11:05) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: Yes :(
(15:11:44) mdamboldt: If we only slip very little more, we would have major x-mas trouble.
(15:12:02) rtimm: yes, there would be no buffer :-(
(15:13:00) MechtiIde: and if I remember the problems of the release of m60 :(
(15:13:50) MechtiIde: and we are also slipping the release of the beta version
(15:14:23) MechtiIde: shifting
(15:14:50) ja_: Mechtilde: the "Beta" won't contain localization so there's no reason to shift the "Beta" version
(15:15:03) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: Indeed, the Beta is already very late. We planned it for end of September. When I look at the open Beta Blocker Issues, I can see that we would end up in second week of October with that build.
(15:15:33) MechtiIde: the beta version was announced for End of September. so it is already shifted
(15:16:33) ja_: Mechtilde: in this case you're right
(15:18:28) mdamboldt: Based on the feedback here, I assume Rafaella can go ahead now and communicate the additional two weeks time for L10N.
(15:18:53) rafaella: Thanks, I'll do!
(15:18:56) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: I will adjust the Wiki schedule accordingly inlcuding the Beta release date.
(15:20:24) MechtiIde: I hope the building process for the beta version will be better than the one for the m60
(15:21:00) MechtiIde: rafaella, what happens with the translation of the presenter console?
(15:21:37) rafaella: MechtiIde, what do you mean exactly?
(15:22:18) MechtiIde: I heard from our translation team that there is an additional translation needed or something similar?
(15:22:59) MechtiIde: The help text for the presenter console should inserted in the core help?
(15:23:31) rafaella: Usually the help of an extension is not included in the core help
(15:24:05) MechtiIde: and we have no release process for the extensions
(15:24:37) MechtiIde: IMO this can't be integrated in the release process for 3.2
(15:25:12) rafaella: No extensions are not release together with the 3.2, they follow a different release process and release roadmap
(15:25:51) MechtiIde: rafaella, can you describe the release process and release roadmap for the extensions in the Wiki?
(15:26:50) rafaella: well, it's not up to me to define the extensions roadmap....
(15:27:22) MechtiIde: you say there is one, do you know where?
(15:30:14) MechtiIde: mdamboldt, impressnotes03 failed again
(15:31:28) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: It's still in progress, isn't it?
(15:32:02) MechtiIde: oh sorry browser cache :(
(15:34:51) MechtiIde: I think we need a discussion about the release process of the Extensions which are published by Sun
(15:38:00) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: Yes
(15:38:55) rafaella: MechtiIde, the wiki I created some time ago is only an overview of where to find the resources for translation: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions_Overview
(15:41:45) mdamboldt: For this extension we would like to have the English help in this release. As base. We can live with English only for. For now now translation is required.
(15:42:04) MechtiIde: rafaella, there is no information about release process and release roadmap of the extensions
(15:42:27) MechtiIde: mdamboldt, ACK for 3.2.0
(15:43:09) rafaella: MechtiIde, as I said this is only an overview where to find the sources to translate
(15:43:10) MechtiIde: but we should look how to change it for further versions
(15:43:27) mdamboldt: I think we can start one round for the OOO320_m1 now.
(15:43:56) MechtiIde: rafaella, I seee only one Table without any links
(15:44:05) mdamboldt: As already mentioned there are some Beta blockers open, those I would like to see in OOO320_m2 which would become the Beta than.
(15:44:32) mdamboldt: Open are for example CWS fwk121 and it's successor fwk122 where stoppers are in.
(15:45:02) MechtiIde: and impressnotes03
(15:45:51) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: That one will already go into the OOO320_m1
(15:46:03) MechtiIde: I hope so
(15:46:29) mdamboldt: Any other stoppers for Beta or in general or any other further items for today?
(15:46:33) UweL: I would like to discuss issue 99971 and issue 102464
(15:46:45) IZBot: framework DEFECT NEW P3 When file is read-only because of rights OOo 3.1 says it is opened by an unknown user http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=102464
(15:47:16) MechtiIde: issue 99971
(15:47:23) IZBot: framework ENHANCEMENT NEW P3 New file not in front window http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=99971
(15:47:43) mdamboldt: I clearly vote for fixing 102464. Thats a heavy confusing one from my point of view.
(15:48:51) UweL: After thinking about 102464 I think we should fix this, because it touches my paranoia
(15:49:02) rtimm: :-)
(15:49:25) UweL: the other one is far more complicated
(15:49:52) ja_: +1 for 102464
(15:49:59) mla: +1
(15:51:31) rtimm: MechtiIde: no need to hope. impressnotes03 has already been cloned and integrated: http://eis.services.openoffice.org/EIS2/cws.ShowCWS?Path=OOO320%2Fimpressnotes03_OOO320
(15:52:36) MechtiIde: I hope it works I saw the status in EIS at last weekend
(15:53:50) UweL: I understand that people do not like the window handling, but it is like the system wants it and I do not want to change that (99971)
(15:53:56) ja_: -1 for 99971 as I think it needs more operating system/window manager style guide conformity checks from my POV before we decide which behavior we prefer.
(15:55:30) stefan_b: I agrre with ja_. Cross-reading this shows the need of UX consulting or even new UI. That is the hardest to get these days. So -1 from me as well.
(15:55:31) MechtiIde: At my system the new file is in front of the other one
(15:56:30) MechtiIde: I saw this problem if I open a new file sttarted from a Basic dialog
(15:56:44) MechtiIde: so -1 for this issue
(15:57:07) ja_: just a note: focus handling on UNIX systems can differ from window manager to window manager
(15:57:08) UweL: -1 from my side too
(15:57:10) mla: -1, needs more UX evaluation and therefore more time
(15:57:14) ***rtimm often got annoyed by office windows jumping into his face unexpectedly
(15:57:30) rtimm: -1 for this issue now. Evaluate carefully.
(15:57:36) stefan_b: Last description from MBA quotes "How many places are to touch depends on how complete the fix should be."
(15:57:49) stefan_b: This is not a "clean, easy showstopper thing"
(15:58:09) MechtiIde: ja_, because vagula posted that it is at several OS
(15:59:05) UweL: ok, thanks a lot. I will reject this as a stopper. I think it's an issue for 3.3
(15:59:14) stefan_b: UweL, sounds good.
(16:00:42) mdamboldt: Anything else?
(16:00:54) UweL: not from my side
(16:01:10) mdamboldt: Who is going to do the OOO320_m1?
(16:01:20) ja_: Kurt Zenker
(16:01:34) rtimm: no, Ivo will take over
(16:01:47) ja_: thanks! good to know
(16:02:07) mdamboldt: Other items for today?
(16:02:09) rtimm: Vladimir currently is working on DEV300 m61
(16:02:19) rtimm: mdamboldt: not from my side
(16:02:52) blauwa2: correctiion: m1 is done by Ivo Hinkelmann
(16:03:22) rtimm: blauwa2: this week I was faster ;-)
(16:03:35) ja_: rotfl
(16:04:00) mdamboldt: Ok, sounds thats all for today.
(16:04:02) mdamboldt: Bye!
(16:04:13) rtimm: bye bye
(16:04:13) stefan_b: bye
(16:05:00) ja_: bye

Personal tools