Difference between revisions of "ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-09-28 IRC log"

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-09-28 IRC log)
m (Categorizing)
Line 92: Line 92:
(15:40:06) _Nesshof_ [n=martin@] hat den Raum betreten.<br>
(15:40:06) _Nesshof_ [n=martin@] hat den Raum betreten.<br>
(15:41:58) blauwal hat den Raum verlassen
(15:41:58) blauwal hat den Raum verlassen
[[Category:Release Meeting]]

Latest revision as of 19:03, 16 March 2010

(15:00:13) Das Thema für #oooreleases ist: Release-Stauts-Meeting, every monday at 15:00 Hamburg Time (13:00 UTC in summer)
(15:00:18) _Nesshof_ [n=martin@] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:00:18) ja_: Moin
(15:00:30) rtimm [n=Ruediger@nat/sun/x-iiobyvxtftvjukot] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:00:59) of_sun: Hi
(15:01:03) stefan_b: Hi!
(15:01:09) oliverc: Hi
(15:01:11) _Nesshof_: moin
(15:01:40) _Nesshof_: mdamboldt is not available today
(15:02:08) _Nesshof_: so lets start the meeting with 3.2 release status
(15:02:36) MechtiIde: hello
(15:03:29) blauwal: Hi
(15:03:51) _Nesshof_: UweL: are there any issues reported worth get mentioned now ?
(15:04:11) _Nesshof_: what is the beta release blocker issue ?
(15:04:36) MechtiIde: http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=104695
(15:04:48) IZBot: issue 104695: tools TASK NEW P2 OOo 3.2 beta release stoppers / blockers
(15:05:04) sophi: Hi all
(15:05:25) UweL: have to work on the issues in the relesaes list, I think next meeting we have to discuss a few
(15:06:08) _rene_: I don't think any of the ones mentioned on releaseslist for Beta are in any way discussable :)
(15:06:43) MechtiIde: i think next meeting we should geet the Beta version
(15:06:49) ja_: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/ReleaseStatus_Minutes#Agenda_for_next_meeting mentions three issues
(15:06:52) MechtiIde: s/geet/get
(15:06:52) _Nesshof_: is m60 already available for download
(15:07:01) ml2: yes
(15:07:08) _rene_: (that said, I didn't look at MechtiIdes ones right now since I don't like issue links without context )
(15:07:09) MechtiIde: _Nesshof_, yes
(15:07:56) _Nesshof_: so we will collect some more feedback and will do a OOO320_m1 later this week
(15:08:13) _Nesshof_: and m2 might then be the one we can use for a beta
(15:08:20) MechtiIde: I can't comment it because there are from impress
(15:08:53) MechtiIde: cloph and some people from German community work it aut at weekend
(15:09:25) kai_a: I'd like to nominate issue 105185 as a stopper for the 3.2 release, but not as a beta stopper, because A11y for the PresenterConsole extension doesn't make any sense without description of the shortcuts within a help text
(15:09:31) IZBot: framework DEFECT RESOLVED FIXED P3 extensions: no online help for presenter console http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=105185
(15:09:56) _Nesshof_: kai_a: this would include some more l10n ?
(15:11:11) _Nesshof_: in that case we would have an l10n update after Oct 16th or only that part of help in English
(15:11:35) stefan_b: MechtiIde, your three issues just popped up today, need developers investigation and statement. A "certain document" crash may well be a 3.2 blocker but shall not delay Beta IMHO.
(15:11:39) _Nesshof_: not beautiful but might be acceptable
(15:11:41) kai_a: yes, it would, but word count seems to be on the low side. Suggesting to do translation after the main translation process (16th of October) to not bring the whole process in danger
(15:11:42) ***_rene_ wonders why it's now so much cared about a11y when you didn't for years before about a crash in GMNOM Ewith a11y enabled. (thankfully that changed, but...)
(15:13:12) kai_a: _rene_: we _do_ learn with the time...
(15:15:16) _Nesshof_: there's also the request from Lutz to proceed with the icon updates (http://ux.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=discuss&msgNo=4189). Thalion explained why the timing is important and Lutz provided an action plan. Although I'm not fully satisfied with the proceeding I'm going to accept that proposal.
(15:15:46) VolkerMe: _Nesshof_: I would like to see this topic moved, as it came in very late today.
(15:15:48) VolkerMe: I couldn't reach Bernhard or André.
(15:18:12) kai_a: _Nesshof_: +1, taking into account the necessity to push ODF as far as we can at the moment, although I must admit to handle such cases better in the future (in time)
(15:19:41) VolkerMe: kai_a: Sorry, but this has been promised several times, when the community was ignored before. e.g. Online update.
(15:19:50) _Nesshof_: kai_a: yes, the discussion started to late, but I think Andre and Lutz raised good reason so that we should make an exception for this
(15:20:09) _rene_: kai_a: I only believe that when I see it, and I didn't yet see that you learn with time about other important stuff
(15:20:22) _Nesshof_: VolkerMe: I think my action last week showed that we take these concerns serious
(15:21:22) _rene_: the timing is bad, yes. distros having own icons haven't yet even been informed of the new icons...
(15:21:25) MechtiIde: _Nesshof_, and we shorten the time to do the testing of the Beta version :(
(15:21:46) _rene_: MechtiIde: come on, you didn't really bevlieve we would test it much, did you?
(15:22:09) kai_a: VolkerMe, _rene_ : I can't speak for others, but for myself I'm _really_ interested in making things better
(15:22:11) rtimm: _Nesshof_: perhaps it really would be good to have those icons in beta already. So, +1 from me, though I am not happy 'bout how it all was handled
(15:22:29) _Nesshof_: _rene_: at lest the distros working with OOo in the ESC know about this topic since last march
(15:22:29) _rene_: </sarcasm>
(15:22:33) MechtiIde: _rene_, but when we shorten the time here we din't need a beta version
(15:22:45) _rene_: _Nesshof_: that eventually some stuff will come, yes
(15:22:45) VolkerMe: kai_a: There are more people who are interested. Thats the point.
(15:22:56) ja_: +1 for the proposal to include the new icons now
(15:22:56) _rene_: _Nesshof_: not that it comes now.
(15:23:15) blauwal: +1 for the proposal
(15:23:29) VolkerMe: -1 at this point
(15:23:31) _rene_: _Nesshof_: if Debian provided a m60 (let's assume those icons were in) we wouldn't have any sort of the new icons :-)
(15:23:45) MechtiIde: -1 for shipping the beta version into the october
(15:23:49) VolkerMe: Lutz should come up with the promised improvements
(15:24:16) _Nesshof_: lutz and stella are working on this
(15:24:33) oliverc: +1 for the new icons
(15:25:03) _rene_: ah, well... if you wish that we do NOT ship those new icons....
(15:25:10) _Nesshof_: so i will nominate this for m1 and give lutz all the pressure to work on all the concerns
(15:25:24) _Nesshof_: +1 for my proposal
(15:25:27) stefan_b: _Nesshof_, +1
(15:25:31) UweL: +1
(15:25:40) _rene_: please don't accuse us if we don't when you do (maybe it will be loong time after you have them)
(15:26:15) _Nesshof_: _rene_: point taken
(15:27:13) _Nesshof_: rtimm: RE duties this week
(15:27:24) ml2: +1 from myside, not a perfect handling but OK
(15:27:59) blauwal: RE duties: OOO320: Kurt, DEV300: Vladimir
(15:28:46) _Nesshof_: are there more items on todays agenda ?
(15:28:53) rtimm: _Nesshof_: Kurt (kz) will do OOO320 m1, Vladimir (vg) DEV300 m61
(15:28:56) of_sun: ml2 is right. not a perfect handling, nevertheless +1 for _Nesshof_s proposal
(15:29:18) rtimm: blauwal: you won ;-)
(15:29:20) MechtiIde: as I said before -1
(15:30:16) sophi: _Nesshof_: pressure is not a good way to work with the community, we should have the time needed to end the discussion and the tests
(15:31:34) _Nesshof_: sophi: I will follow the ongoing discussion and the status of the cws the next days before nominating for m1
(15:32:32) ***_Nesshof_ encourage all to participate in that discussion and cws
(15:33:26) VolkerMe: _Nesshof_: Please give estimated dates to http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OOoRelease32
(15:34:11) VolkerMe: We must avoid christmas this time. ;-)
(15:34:16) _Nesshof_: i will update the page
(15:34:24) _Nesshof_: VolkerMe: agreed
(15:34:47) _Nesshof_: by
(15:34:51) _Nesshof_ hat den Raum verlassen
(15:35:56) UweL hat den Raum verlassen (quit: "ChatZilla 0.9.83 [Firefox 3.0.5/2008120122]").
(15:40:06) _Nesshof_ [n=martin@] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:41:58) blauwal hat den Raum verlassen

Personal tools