Difference between revisions of "ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-08-10 IRC log"
(Created page with 'Conversation with #oooreleases at Mon Aug 10 14:56:55 2009 on email@example.com (irc) <br> (14:56:56) #oooreleases: The topic for #oooreleases is: Release-Stauts-Meeting, ever…')
|Line 124:||Line 124:|
(15:46:14) rtimm: bye bye <br>
(15:46:14) rtimm: bye bye <br>
(15:46:18) mla: bye
(15:46:18) mla: bye
Latest revision as of 18:59, 16 March 2010
Conversation with #oooreleases at Mon Aug 10 14:56:55 2009 on firstname.lastname@example.org (irc)
(14:56:56) #oooreleases: The topic for #oooreleases is: Release-Stauts-Meeting, every monday at 15:00 Hamburg Time (13:00 UTC in summer)
(14:59:49) mla: moin
(15:01:07) kai_a [n=Kai_Ahre@nat/sun/x-6cce0a7e42a1254b] entered the room.
(15:01:16) UweL [n=chatzill@nat/sun/x-e7adfb249468ec7c] entered the room.
(15:01:45) _Nesshof_ [n=martin@nat/sun/x-37cdd25ca9174aac] entered the room.
(15:01:47) of_sun: Moin Moin!
(15:02:17) sophi [email@example.com] entered the room.
(15:03:32) MechtiIde: hello
(15:03:59) md97092 [n=md97092@nat/sun/x-dcba90be27d8b5e3] entered the room.
(15:04:17) md97092: Hi
(15:04:27) mdamboldt_ [n=mdambold@nat/sun/x-41d27e291c6d7352] entered the room.
(15:04:39) mdamboldt_ left the room.
(15:04:39) md97092 left the room.
(15:04:50) mdamboldt__ [n=mdambold@nat/sun/x-b9f48197f7047a68] entered the room.
(15:05:18) ***mdamboldt__ hope my client trouble is solved now :(
(15:05:28) mdamboldt__: Lets start with 3.1.1 release
(15:05:50) _rene_: for the issue Andre filed, please see the discussion on releases@
(15:06:02) mdamboldt__: Two possibe stopper issues have been raised on the list
(15:06:07) mdamboldt__: Issue 104116
(15:06:12) IZBot: framework DEFECT NEW P2 OOo cannot be started via menu or file-association on KDE 4.3 http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=104116
(15:06:16) mdamboldt__: and Issue 103896
(15:06:21) IZBot: Presentation DEFECT NEW P3 Wrong size of animated image in slideshow for ppt TCM test file http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=103896
(15:06:43) _rene_: 104416 is a inherent problem of non-proper permissions in the packages since beginning of eve
(15:07:00) mdamboldt__: 104116 is currently being evaluated by Ingo and Ivo. They try to solve it via the root/root solution
(15:07:07) _rene_: get it root:root as proper and you're done
(15:07:27) _rene_: mdamboldt__: how, exactly? I'd be interested how they'd do it non-intrusive ;)
(15:08:07) _rene_: mdamboldt__: (chown root:root, chmod 644 only works when you are root or use fakeroot). fakeroot, though, is not in the build env when running epm :)
(15:08:18) _rene_: and building as root, well, ... ;)
(15:09:05) mdamboldt__: _rene_: Lets wait for their feedback....
(15:09:13) _rene_: .oO ( and why are you so suddenly caring about KDE4 when you didn't before? )
(15:10:07) mdamboldt__: Regarding 103896, I see this one as usual candidate for a 3.2 release.
(15:10:11) kai_a: There seem to be quite some workarounds available for Issue 103896 (I just updated the task summary) and taking into account the non-severity of this bug, I would consider a target of 3.2 to be valid
(15:10:21) _rene_: mdamboldt__: please do not attempt *any* chmod in the makefiles. that will surely break :)
(15:10:21) IZBot: Presentation DEFECT NEW P3 Wrong size of animated image in slideshow for ppt TCM test file http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=103896
(15:10:40) _rene_: mdamboldt__: or chown, fwiw.
(15:10:49) mdamboldt left the room (quit: Read error: 113 (No route to host)).
(15:11:05) mdamboldt__: Other oppinions about 103896?
(15:11:45) mdamboldt__: Ok. I will move the target of 103896 to 3.2.
(15:11:56) UweL: +1
(15:12:37) _rene_: ok, from the summary it doesn't look that urgent :)
(15:12:52) mdamboldt__: Mechtilde: You added the item "Is it right there are no JRE-Builds for Linux 64 bit? " to the agenda in wiki.
(15:12:56) rtimm: +1
(15:13:03) MechtiIde: mdamboldt__, yes
(15:13:27) MechtiIde: I didn't found some as I prepared qatrack
(15:13:39) mdamboldt__: It seems we didn't provide that installation set with 3.1 release, too.
(15:13:58) MechtiIde: Is there a special reason?
(15:14:09) mdamboldt__: We can prepare those packages. But as always we run into space limitations on the ftp network.
(15:14:22) MechtiIde: that is also ok
(15:14:32) mdamboldt__: Currently seems it would just fit if we add wJRE sets fÃ¼r Linux 64.
(15:14:58) mdamboldt__: But after that, nothing else is possible until more FTP space is available.
(15:15:13) mla: yes, IMHO ~5 GB additionally
(15:15:16) MechtiIde: mdamboldt__, so it is only for RPM User
(15:16:29) MechtiIde: for me it is also ok to leave it out
(15:17:41) mdamboldt__: Due to the critical space limitations on FTP network I would propose to drop the none JRE set for Linux 64 and add the wJRE instead.
(15:19:07) MechtiIde: I have no idea how to decide
(15:19:29) _rene_: what if you would just add more diskspace?
(15:19:52) _rene_: or remove unneeded installsets for "not-much-used" languages or architectures/oses? :)
(15:20:01) MechtiIde: the problem are the mirrors
(15:20:06) _rene_: disk space is cheap, also for the mirrors
(15:20:11) mdamboldt__: _rene_: The diskspace issue will be addressed.
(15:20:12) _rene_: universities, companies, ...
(15:20:18) MechtiIde: but they don't do it
(15:20:36) mdamboldt__: Any items for the 3.2 release for today?
(15:20:41) mdamboldt__: (I've none)
(15:21:12) MechtiIde: the mail from sophi
(15:21:17) MechtiIde: at dev@ooo
(15:21:45) MechtiIde: Migration analysis module in 3.2
(15:21:58) MechtiIde: where we can find the specs
(15:21:58) sophi: MechtiIde: I think that's an error, this is an internal task, but I'll write to the owner to make sure
(15:22:33) sophi: the cws is paw06
(15:22:39) _rene_: sophi: internal tasks are errors per definition :). Especially for code landing in public $VCS
(15:23:05) _rene_: sophi: eo either it's internal stuff, then it shouldn't be in svn or it's not internal stuff :)
(15:23:15) sophi: _rene_: yes, but every body can make errors :)
(15:23:44) MechtiIde: then the owner should post it to the list
(15:23:58) _rene_: there's too much internal issues I've seen lately. and cwses only contained of them to look whether that's an error
(15:24:16) _rene_: if I created a cws without any issue (that's the equivalent for non-sunnies) the cws would get rejected...
(15:24:34) sophi: MechtiIde: and avoid to let us translate almost 5200 word before we see it's internal...
(15:24:38) Fridrich [firstname.lastname@example.org] entered the room.
(15:24:52) mdamboldt__: sophi: Ok, so go ahead and talk to Dirk as Ivo suggested.
(15:24:54) _rene_: or can I also add a reference to bugs.debian.org? (ok, that actially would be readable)
(15:25:09) sophi: mdamboldt__: yes, I'll keep dev@10n informed
(15:25:26) _rene_: or bugzilla.novell.com a bug which can only be seen by some people. (matching comparison this time)
(15:25:26) sophi: mdamboldt__: dev@l10n sorry
(15:25:43) mdamboldt__: Ok, if nothing is left for 3.2 for today, I like to go ahead to 2.4.3 release
(15:25:57) _rene_: or just refer to my own ticket system for managing my TODOs even? ;)
(15:26:08) mdamboldt__: Issue 104115 has been raised as possible stopper for 2.4.3 release.
(15:26:13) IZBot: framework DEFECT RESOLVED FIXED P3 OOH680_m20: Selection of the default file format for text documents not available http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=104115
(15:26:21) mdamboldt__: From my point of view a valid one.
(15:26:27) _rene_: yes, obviously
(15:26:38) _rene_: though I wonder why we still "waste" time on 2.4.3
(15:27:08) mdamboldt__: I would target to start another build for 2.4.3, probalby RC2, around Wednesday/Thursday this week.
(15:27:22) mdamboldt__: The bug has already been fixed by mav today. CWS is in progress.
(15:27:32) MechtiIde: mdamboldt__, another porblem I first want to discuss here
(15:27:48) MechtiIde: is it possible to ship 2.4.3 with an actual JRE?
(15:28:23) mdamboldt__: Mechtilde: Good point!!!
(15:28:39) MechtiIde: or we shouldn#t release a wJRE version
(15:30:19) MechtiIde: the German community already decided not to release a wJRE version with the old JRE
(15:30:45) MechtiIde: German = Germanophone
(15:32:06) msc_sun is now known as msc_sun_away
(15:32:19) msc_sun_away left the room (quit: "Leaving.").
(15:32:29) mdamboldt__: Mechtilde: 2.4.3 rc2 will contain current JRE
(15:33:40) mdamboldt__: So what would be the new release date for 2.4.3 release in point of view to an RC2 build this week...
(15:34:35) mdamboldt__: I would propose Monday 24th August 2009
(15:35:14) mla: just 3 days before 3.1.1?
(15:35:37) MechtiIde: that means monday the 17 decision here
(15:35:42) MechtiIde: ?
(15:36:33) mdamboldt__: Mechtilde: Here on 24th I mean.
(15:37:09) MechtiIde: then the public release nearly one week later for 2.4.3
(15:37:52) MechtiIde: and after the RC2 for 2.4.3 we get the RC2 for 3.1.1?
(15:39:36) mdamboldt__: The priority will be the 3.1.1 release. So the 2.4.3 might be late. But goal is to do the releases nearly similar.
(15:40:36) MechtiIde: when can we expect the RC2 for 3.1.1?
(15:41:16) mdamboldt__: Mechtilde: Since technical evaluation of the stopper issue is not complete yet, I don't know the exact date.
(15:41:49) mdamboldt__: My feeling is just before or just after next weekend.
(15:41:56) MechtiIde: so it will be after the RC2 of 2.4.3
(15:41:58) MechtiIde: ?
(15:42:34) mdamboldt__: Mechtilde: To be honest if I would know that right now, I would start playing lottery :)
(15:42:48) mdamboldt__: 3.1.1 will also have priority for us while building it.
(15:43:14) MechtiIde: then you will ship the RC2 of 2.4.3?
(15:43:16) mdamboldt__: We have to see when technical evaluation is complete....
(15:43:21) MechtiIde: ok
(15:44:16) mdamboldt__: Anyhing else for today?
(15:45:55) mdamboldt__: ok, bye
(15:46:14) rtimm: bye bye
(15:46:18) mla: bye