Difference between revisions of "ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-07-13 IRC log"
(ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-07-13 IRC log)
|Line 100:||Line 100:|
(15:42:54) Stefan___b: bye<br>
(15:42:54) Stefan___b: bye<br>
(15:43:11) ja_: bye bye<br>
(15:43:11) ja_: bye bye<br>
Latest revision as of 18:59, 16 March 2010
Conversation with #oooreleases at 13. Juli 2009 14:58:27 MEST on email@example.com (irc)
(14:58:27) ja_: Moin
(15:00:01) mdamboldt_away: Hi
(15:00:07) mdamboldt_away heißt jetzt mdamboldt
(15:00:29) of_sun: Hi
(15:01:08) mdamboldt: topic 3.1.1
(15:01:20) Stefan___b [n=Stefan@e177249219.adsl.alicedsl.de] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:01:28) mdamboldt: Any stoppers from the list releases@ooo we need to dicuss today?
(15:01:42) Stefan___b heißt jetzt Stefan__b
(15:01:56) Stefan__b heißt jetzt Stefan___b
(15:02:13) Stefan___b: Hi!
(15:02:22) blauwal [n=jr93709@nat/sun/x-7559296923216ecd] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:02:22) kai_a [n=Kai_Ahre@i577A95EE.versanet.de] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:02:37) UweL [n=chatzill@nat/sun/x-4c83e3e79a786370] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:02:45) MechtiIde: hello
(15:03:53) Fridrich heißt jetzt gruenwall
(15:03:55) paveljanik: Moin
(15:04:02) gruenwall heißt jetzt gruenwal
(15:04:03) mdamboldt: I've one critical issue Iike to raise for the 3.1.1 release.
(15:04:04) mdamboldt: It's Issue 103454
(15:04:14) IZBot: Presentation DEFECT NEW P2 Word wrapped text changes position on selection http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=103454
(15:05:15) mdamboldt: It's a regression compared to 3.0.1 and the result of this issue makes it really hard to edit impress files, depending where you have placed text fields and how big your screen is :)
(15:08:42) kai_a: mdamboldt: aw is on sick leave and will be back on wednesday to take a look into this issue
(15:08:42) mdamboldt: Thats all lI've for 3.1.1
(15:08:42) mdamboldt: kai_a: Ok, thanks for the info.
(15:08:42) mdamboldt: Anything else on 3.1.1?
(15:08:42) mdamboldt: Ok, so hat about 3.2. Anything to talk about today?
(15:08:42) ***mdamboldt looking like a short meeting today....
(15:09:17) _rene_: probably because some people get demotivated pursuing regressions, ad they will only be fixed for 3.2 anyway...
(15:10:26) Andreas_SunOOoUX [n=andreas_@nat/sun/x-d321de1d1bf92ea8] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:10:26) kai_a: mdamboldt: retargeted issue 103454 to 3.1.1
(15:10:26) mdamboldt: _rene_: I assume you say this in relation of Issue 103357 ?!?
(15:10:26) IZBot: Presentation DEFECT NEW P2 Word wrapped text changes position on selection http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=103454
(15:10:26) IZBot: Word processor DEFECT NEW P3 WW8: Table in RTL context imported with incorrect alignment http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=103357
(15:10:37) ja_: +1 for 103454 (it looks really nasty)
(15:11:02) gruenwal heißt jetzt TrainedMonkey
(15:12:30) mdamboldt: _rene_: ping
(15:13:01) _rene_: pong
(15:13:38) mdamboldt: _rene_: Any direct context you want to raise or just making noise?
(15:15:06) _rene_: well, you guessed the context already, so...
(15:17:44) _rene_: I think a regression like that shouldn't be unfixed, but it seems I am lonely with that opinion
(15:18:56) mdamboldt: _rene_: As already explained we don't have ressources to fix all issues. Issue 103357 is one of those. We don't have any ressources which we can pull from anywhere and put those to this issue as you suggested. And as MRU already explained the issue itself is not a general one which effects everybody anywhere. The circumstances are specific. In an ideal world any regression would be fixed. But in reality you need people to do so. And if
(15:19:08) IZBot: Word processor DEFECT NEW P3 WW8: Table in RTL context imported with incorrect alignment http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=103357
(15:19:53) _rene_: the resources argument is none. if you fix it for 3.1.1 and can take the patch to 3.2... if you can't, it's a bug that you can't and give 3.2 priority over 3.1.1. IMHO.
(15:20:06) mdamboldt: And it doesn't help to write strong-voiced comments. This doesn't create any new ressource.
(15:23:08) rtimm: could we perhaps proceed, please, or does anyone have new arguments on this case?
(15:23:19) mdamboldt: Anything else for today?
(15:23:30) ***rtimm has limited ressources, too ;-)
(15:23:39) mdamboldt: ..3
(15:23:52) mdamboldt: ...2
(15:24:06) Stefan___b: About Ressources: The Ressouces to test the fix for 101420 are all outside SUN. (those who submitted and fixed that one) Now we need someone to verify the fix in and with CWS mav53.
(15:24:29) Stefan___b: Otherwise: Shall we integrate an UNTESTED fix into 3.1.1 code line?
(15:24:44) MechtiIde: issue 101420
(15:24:54) IZBot: Word processor DEFECT RESOLVED FIXED P2 Gnome Accessibility "on" causes OOo Writer to crash on new doc from templates & document dialog http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=101420
(15:25:09) Stefan___b: My proposal: Do m16 without mav53 and press to find someone who could reproduce that and make him test the fix.
(15:25:54) Stefan___b: ES already called for help in issue 86443 but nothing happened since Friday.
(15:26:00) IZBot: Word processor DEFECT RESOLVED FIXED P2 Gnome Accessibility "on" causes OOo Writer to crash on new doc from http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=86443
(15:26:27) Stefan___b: The latter issue has the rlevant people on cc, that's why.
(15:26:32) mdamboldt: Stefan___b: Indeed, we already sent out some emails about this and put people on cc of the task. Hopefully we would see some quick response.
(15:26:52) Stefan___b: Yes, that is all we can do at times.
(15:27:04) ja_: Stefan___b: I'd like to raise my veto to integrate the fix within CWS mav53 untested. +1 for your proposal.
(15:27:36) Stefan___b: What about m16 then? Wait or build (2 CWSes yet AFAIK)...
(15:28:03) mdamboldt: Btw. the fix is not untested at all. pmladek wrote a comment that he tested the patch ok on DEV300 a couple of weeks ago.
(15:28:47) Stefan___b: Well, I can not tell exactly if his comment menas "Good that it is fixed" OR "I verified the fix"... :-)
(15:28:54) _rene_: the fix is not entirely untested, but we had the dicussion already....
(15:29:04) Stefan___b: QA menas CLEAR communication in such cases.
(15:29:09) _rene_: mdamboldt: exactly
(15:29:26) _rene_: but Stefan___b does not want to accept that as "testing" :)
(15:29:50) Stefan___b: Pmladek commented on the CWS for 3.2.
(15:30:00) _rene_: pmladek commented on the patch itself
(15:30:36) Stefan___b: So he looked at the code and wrote: Good. Well, if all issues get verified like this....
(15:32:07) mdamboldt: I talked to Thomas Lange about this. He volunteers for Mikhail and creates an Linux installation set on CWS mav53 as well.
(15:32:07) mdamboldt: As soon as the installation set is ready I will notify pmladek about the availablility and ask to take another look.
(15:32:07) mdamboldt: Hope everybody would be fine by this.
(15:32:42) mdamboldt: Btw. I think we can wait a little with m16....
(15:33:22) _rene_: Stefan___b: no, he looked at the code, applied the patch and said "fixes it"
(15:33:43) _rene_: Stefan___b: no one (not him at least) claimed he just looked at the code
(15:34:24) Stefan___b: mdamboldt: Do not make TL do things tht CD might have already done. I remember MAV telling me that the Linux Pre-Installed tar stuff is there and neets an ftp upload only.
(15:35:28) mdamboldt: Stefan__b: But not in that CWS....
(15:36:47) mdamboldt: What about RE duties this week?
(15:36:58) ja_: mdamboldt: good idea. let's do that.
(15:37:06) ja_: DEV300_m53 by Ivo Hinkelmann (ihi)
(15:37:07) rtimm: looking at that CWS (in file system) I can see an linux OOo install set. Created by TL today.
(15:37:13) ja_: OOO310_m16 by Oliver Bolte (obo)
(15:37:45) rtimm: a, sorry, I stand corrected: 'en-US_inprogress'
(15:37:56) mdamboldt: :)
(15:38:10) Stefan___b: mdamboldt: sorry, I did not look. Mailing to mladek directly sounds feasible. If he does not react, I can make another call on dev@qa for helping out.
(15:38:30) foral_home [firstname.lastname@example.org] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:38:51) mdamboldt: Thats all for today?
(15:39:08) _rene_: Stefan___b: petr is on vacation
(15:39:53) mdamboldt: Probably we have more luck with timrichardson?
(15:40:14) Stefan___b: mdamboldt: spam them all :-)
(15:40:14) _rene_: and again, my point still is: he has verified that the fix works. I even closed "my" bug in Debian already as I have that fix included, and the submitte didn't (yet) reopen it
(15:41:57) Stefan___b: Remember that shit never happens. Especially NEVER in a X.x.1 code line shortly before release.
(15:41:58) calc [email@example.com] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:42:37) mdamboldt: I will at least wait a little for feedback from both of those guys.
(15:42:44) mdamboldt: Sounds thats all for today.....
(15:42:48) Stefan___b: Yes.
(15:42:49) mdamboldt: bye
(15:42:54) Stefan___b: bye
(15:43:11) ja_: bye bye