Difference between revisions of "ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-06-22 IRC log"

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-06-22 IRC log)
m (Categorizing)
Line 66: Line 66:
(15:31:29) ja1: bye bye<br>
(15:31:29) ja1: bye bye<br>
(15:31:59) of_sun: bye
(15:31:59) of_sun: bye
[[Category:Release Meeting]]

Latest revision as of 19:00, 16 March 2010

(15:00:03) mdamboldt: Hi!
(15:00:09) Sie heißen jetzt j1
(15:00:18) Sie heißen jetzt ja1
(15:00:41) kai_a [n=Kai_Ahre@nat/sun/x-264e672037fc1d74] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:01:05) mdamboldt: Ok, let's see whats on todays agenda...
(15:01:06) mdamboldt: First topic 3.1.1 release
(15:01:45) Stefan___b: Hi!
(15:01:46) mdamboldt: Localization CWS is in progress. Expected to be finished this Wednesday according to release engineering.
(15:02:52) mdamboldt: Last week there were some informations and thoughts exchanged about Issue 101513.
(15:02:57) MechtiIde: how is planned to distribute them maybe as langpacks?
(15:02:57) IZBot: framework DEFECT NEW P2 Migration of User Settings neccessary http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=101513
(15:03:06) SimonAW [n=simonaw@p5B114887.dip.t-dialin.net] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:04:16) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: Usual those are full builds. No language packs.
(15:04:57) mdamboldt: Has anybody further input on 101513?
(15:04:59) MechtiIde: langpacks would save building capacitivity
(15:05:30) of_sun: The informations for issue 101513 from the developers is that it is to risky and nort a low hanging fruit to get this is OOo 3.1.1. I would propose to bring a fix to next feature release 3.2.
(15:05:34) IZBot: framework DEFECT NEW P2 Migration of User Settings neccessary http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=101513
(15:06:05) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: Not sure what you mean by "would save building capacitivity"!?
(15:06:14) MechtiIde: mdamboldt, 101513 I want to take part at the discussion
(15:06:59) MechtiIde: mdamboldt, I think you need less time at the building maschines to build the CWs build
(15:07:12) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: I understood there was a discussion in this meeting last week!?
(15:07:38) MechtiIde: a discussion about possible solutions?
(15:08:12) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: Olaf has been asked to investigate on this and to come back with a proposal. Thats I think what we just read from him.
(15:08:34) mdamboldt: of_sun: Ok, we should move this to 3.2 I think.
(15:08:38) MechtiIde: and now I ask for the next step
(15:08:50) MechtiIde: to discuss a posiible solution
(15:11:05) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: The solution seem to include some versioning for configuration. The implementation is getting much more complex by this. I'm not sure that the final solution has already been worked out finally.
(15:11:43) mdamboldt: But from my point of view nothing for 3.1.1.
(15:12:08) MechtiIde: And i want to "collaborate" by working it out
(15:12:20) mla [n=ml93712@nat/sun/x-8a16b826b30ae363] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:12:23) mla: hi
(15:12:36) of_sun: Citing cd: "The best algorithm I currently see is add all user changes into the new version. If a sub menu is missing it will be recreated."
(15:13:12) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: I think (at least) Carsten Driesner is working on this.
(15:13:32) MechtiIde: i cited the way Debian do it in there config files
(15:13:49) ja1: For 3.1.1 there is currently no solution (in time) for this available.
(15:14:24) MechtiIde: I want also to collaborate for 3.2
(15:14:32) mdamboldt: I think it would be best to continue technical details and working out the solution within the issue and/or directly with Carsten.
(15:14:56) mdamboldt: And Olaf in QA point of view of course.
(15:15:21) ja1: Mechtilde: I believe Olaf will cooperate regarding QA/testing of the corresponding CWS
(15:16:26) of_sun: sure
(15:19:18) mdamboldt: On todays agenda I still see Issue 64357 not sure if this is by intention and what the open question is here.
(15:19:30) IZBot: framework TASK VERIFIED FIXED P2 javaldx search too promiscuously http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=64357
(15:19:55) mdamboldt: Corresponding CWS is already integrated in m13.
(15:20:39) MechtiIde: mdamboldt, this is non-deleted item
(15:20:50) MechtiIde: for the last meeting
(15:21:12) mdamboldt: Ok. Any other 3.1.1 related items to raise today?
(15:21:17) MechtiIde: this weekend I hadn't enough time to prepare the agenda
(15:21:48) ja1: OK
(15:22:06) ja1: never mind
(15:22:28) mdamboldt: Any 3.2 releated items to dicuss/raise today?
(15:22:52) msc_sun heißt jetzt msc_sun_away
(15:23:58) mdamboldt: RE duties this week?
(15:24:45) rtimm: Ivo currently is doing DEV300
(15:24:49) _rene_: when will be approx. see m14?
(15:25:04) _rene_: s/be/we/
(15:25:56) _rene_: .oO (and: will all the cwses currently AbQA be nominated in time for it and even if they are nominated integrated into that milestone? )
(15:26:03) rtimm: OOO310 will be done by Oliver (obo) or Kurt (kz)
(15:27:10) MechtiIde: rtimm, when can we expect this
(15:27:12) MechtiIde: ?
(15:27:45) mdamboldt: _rene_: m14 is likely to be available end of this week. Integrration will start tomorrow.
(15:29:10) mdamboldt: Anything else for today?
(15:29:41) ja1: not from my side
(15:30:36) MechtiIde: not at this time
(15:31:24) mdamboldt: bye
(15:31:28) Stefan___b: bye
(15:31:29) ja1: bye bye
(15:31:59) of_sun: bye

Personal tools