ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-05-11 IRC log ReleaseStatus Minutes

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Revision as of 18:57, 16 March 2010 by Ivanm (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

(14:56:58) ja_: Moin
(14:58:52) Stefan___b_away heißt jetzt Stefan___b
(14:59:05) Stefan___b: Moin!
(15:00:44) mla [n=ml93712@nat/sun/x-ab11849441983a3d] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:00:47) mla: hi
(15:01:40) mdamboldt_away heißt jetzt mdamboldt
(15:01:43) mdamboldt: Hi
(15:01:49) MechtiIde: ohah it is time vor Release-meeting
(15:01:54) MechtiIde: for
(15:02:17) kai_a [n=Kai_Ahre@nat/sun/x-faf43c9282013a4a] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:03:30) mdamboldt: So OOo 3.1 release is done. Anything somebody want to mention about it?
(15:03:44) ja_: en-US,da,de,es,fr,gl,ja,it,pl,pt,sh,ru,sr,tr,vi,zh-cn,zh-tw have been uploaded so far
(15:03:53) MechtiIde: there some urgly bugs not found before the release
(15:04:33) Stefan___b: All bugs are ugly. There are still issues that have not been found yet. I bet!
(15:04:40) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: So let's name them...
(15:04:45) UweL [n=chatzill@nat/sun/x-050f331efb876ede] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:05:02) MechtiIde: Extension manager Crash under Win 2000
(15:05:17) MechtiIde: It seems that nobody had tested OpenOffice.org under Win 2000
(15:06:32) Stefan___b: I just set target 3.1.1 for issue100878
(15:06:46) Stefan___b: MechtiIde: Wrong!
(15:07:03) Stefan___b: One issue nort found is something different than "No one ever..."
(15:07:54) rafaella [n=Rafaella@nat/sun/x-50a9ad63c3aa16b9] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:08:12) paveljanik [n=Pavel@unaffiliated/paveljanik] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:08:15) MechtiIde: or maybe better no one has used the developer milestones under Win 2000 over a longer time
(15:08:16) Stefan___b: But this one should have been one for sanity or L10N Release tests. SHOULD have been tested on all platforms, I do agree to that.
(15:09:30) Stefan___b: That was one issue that slipped through. But that one is adressed now and attached to meta issue.
(15:09:57) Stefan_W: ok, next one? ;-)
(15:09:59) mdamboldt: Further 3.1.1 issues Issue 101504 Issue 101512 and issue 100214
(15:10:10) IZBot: framework DEFECT RESOLVED FIXED P3 FileControl control does not work in Mac OS X http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=100214
(15:10:56) MechtiIde: Issue 101512
(15:11:01) IZBot: Spreadsheet DEFECT RESOLVED FIXED P3 Structure tab in function-wizard is empty (only for function IF) http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=101512
(15:11:04) MechtiIde: Issue 101504
(15:11:09) IZBot: Drawing DEFECT CLOSED DUPLICATE P3 In over/underlining formatting color is replaced by text color http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=101504
(15:11:27) MechtiIde: Im looking for the origin issue
(15:11:41) MechtiIde: isue 99842
(15:11:52) mdamboldt: Antoher crtitical one issue 101457
(15:11:57) IZBot: udk DEFECT STARTED P3 javaldx searches for Java on every startup http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=101457
(15:12:15) Stefan_W: yet another one: issue 101725
(15:12:21) IZBot: Spreadsheet DEFECT NEW P2 Drag&Drop takes 45 seconds and GUI does not redraw. It finally causes OOo to crash. http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=101725
(15:12:35) Stefan___b: About 100214: PL just built that CWS here (Build bot build failed) and I saw that one fixed.
(15:13:43) Stefan_W: (101725 ia already accepted as a stopper and attached to the meta issue)
(15:14:12) mdamboldt: So to me all of the above sounds like real candidates for 3.1.1 so I would like to see them registered at the meta issue for 3.1.1. Any objections?
(15:14:19) Stefan___b: About 100214 (Part 2): The same problem (System file picker not accessible via macro) exists on Vista and has not been solved yet.
(15:15:15) mla: mdamboldt: no
(15:15:16) fpe [n=fp122411@nat/sun/x-5b3c0b747f550c27] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:15:49) ja_: mdamboldt: not at all
(15:20:30) Stefan___b: I just cloned 100214 because of Vista: Issue 101774
(15:20:41) IZBot: framework DEFECT NEW P3 FileControl control does not work with system file dialog on Windows Vista http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=101774
(15:20:52) mdamboldt: Many items for 3.1.1 already on the list...
(15:21:13) mdamboldt: We also have some translation items we want to fix as alreday discsussed.
(15:21:56) MechtiIde: timeline for l10n issues?
(15:22:03) mdamboldt: I would propose a L10N deadline for 3rd July 2009 as translation delivery date.
(15:22:03) mdamboldt: This should give us enough time to work on corresponding integration.
(15:22:51) MechtiIde: I think it is possible to have an earlier one
(15:24:49) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: If possible, of course this would be even better. I don't want to set the timeline to tight.
(15:25:42) mdamboldt: Anything else for the 3.1.1 release to mention now?
(15:25:51) MechtiIde: I would prefer middle of June
(15:27:14) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: Would be fine for me. So we talk about 12th or 19th June?
(15:27:45) MechtiIde: why at Friday?
(15:28:22) mdamboldt: Nothing special....
(15:28:43) MechtiIde: Is it enough you can start with integration at Monday Morning saying 9:00 CEST?
(15:29:47) Stefan___b: mdamboldt: I will set 101774 on target 3.1.1 and link to stopper issue, OK?
(15:29:48) mdamboldt: Ineed from Friday till Monday there would have been a short buffer for people.
(15:30:13) mdamboldt: Stefan___b: Ok
(15:30:55) MechtiIde: ok this is an option
(15:30:55) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: Whats the proposed date?
(15:31:02) MechtiIde: then 12 th
(15:31:08) mdamboldt: Fine
(15:31:25) mdamboldt: Next topic 3.2 time line (same procedure)
(15:31:43) mdamboldt: Proposing Translation handover for 8th September 2009
(15:32:14) rtimm heißt jetzt rtimm_away
(15:32:55) rafaella: mdamboldt, why are you proposing July 3rd as l10n deadline for fixes?
(15:34:00) mdamboldt: correction not 8th but 28th September 2009
(15:34:15) mdamboldt: Translation deliver for 3.2 on 16th October 2009
(15:35:02) mdamboldt: rafaella: The 3rd July was just a first idea to have enough time to work on it.
(15:35:30) rafaella: mdamboldt, the release date for 3.1.1 is August 27th, right?
(15:36:12) fpe: mdamboldt: 7 days between UI and feature freeze (branch off) and L10N handover is not sufficient to have OLH final including the OLH CWS ready and integrated. That would (again) mean OLH needs to be ready before the UI is.
(15:36:34) mdamboldt: rafaella: I think we already talked about August and yes, last Thursday in August would be the 27th.
(15:37:15) mdamboldt: fpe: Ok, what the number we should calculate with usually here?
(15:37:26) MechtiIde: _Nesshof_, last week tells something about begin of August
(15:37:56) MechtiIde: for 3.1.1
(15:39:05) MechtiIde: mdamboldt, if the planned release date is end of august then the deadline for l10n issues at 3th of Juli is ok
(15:39:41) MechtiIde: rafaella, so we should decide about the timeline of 3.1.1
(15:40:37) rafaella: will only l10n UI fixes be accepted or also OLH fixes?
(15:41:04) fpe: mdamboldt: Assuming that branch-off date is the date when the last feature CWS has to be integrated, we would need time to use that branched milestone to check the application, then integrate final changes to OLH and hand-off. That is, 1 week final changes + 1 week QA + 1 week integration = 3 weeks, starting with the availability of the branch-off milestone.
(15:41:12) MechtiIde: make it a diffence for integration? rafaella
(15:41:43) rafaella: I think that building the OLH is quite time consuming.
(15:42:29) mdamboldt: fpe: So we talk about 12th October for translation handover of 3.2 release
(15:44:28) mdamboldt: fpe: An 6th November for translation delivery. So only about 20 days left till QA approval for 3.2.
(15:44:28) mdamboldt: Seems we would need to pull in even the branch date!?
(15:46:00) fpe: mdamboldt: Depends on where you want to end up. These schedules give zero time for OLH. The sequence should be: UI Freeze > Docs freeze (+3 weeks) > L10N handover. 3 weeks includes some buffer time.
(15:46:00) rafaella: mdamboldt, after translation handback we need 1 week to get l10n builds + 1 week testing + 1 week for l10n fixes.
(15:47:16) ***mdamboldt Think I will come back with a new proposal of timeline for 3.2 release next week....
(15:48:16) mdamboldt: Any other items to discuss today?
(15:51:12) mdamboldt: Ok, so talk to you all latest next week again.
(15:51:24) fpe hat den Raum verlassen
(15:51:26) mdamboldt: bye
(15:51:35) rafaella: bye
(15:51:38) rafaella hat den Raum verlassen (quit: "Leaving").
(15:51:51) blauwal: bye
(15:51:53) blauwal: bye
(15:51:59) blauwal hat den Raum verlassen
(15:53:50) Stefan___b: Bye!

Personal tools