ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-05-04 IRC log

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Revision as of 18:58, 16 March 2010 by Ivanm (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

(14:40:39) sophi [] hat den Raum betreten.
(14:48:44) enoki [] hat den Raum betreten.
(14:51:48) UweL [n=chatzill@nat/sun/x-900ac17b23173441] hat den Raum betreten.
(14:52:05) mdamboldt_away heißt jetzt mdamboldt
(14:54:11) Stefan___b [] hat den Raum betreten.
(14:54:37) VolkerMe [] hat den Raum betreten.
(14:55:24) VolkerMe: Moin
(14:56:43) blauwal [n=jr93709@nat/sun/x-44a9097f8c621f9e] hat den Raum betreten.
(14:57:06) sophi: Hi all
(14:58:17) ja_: Moin
(14:58:17) _Nesshof_ [n=martin@nat/sun/x-2b88d1f5b5f72d6c] hat den Raum betreten.
(14:58:54) mla [n=ml93712@nat/sun/x-e106fae302eb44ec] hat den Raum betreten.
(14:58:57) mla: hi
(14:59:33) _Nesshof_: moin
(15:00:01) mdamboldt: Hi
(15:00:59) Stefan___b: Moin moin!
(15:01:02) _Nesshof_: let's start with 3.1 release status
(15:01:25) _Nesshof_: I assume that there are no new stopper to be raised or discussed
(15:02:13) _Nesshof_: ja_: already started copying/llinking to stable in the morning
(15:02:19) MechtiIde: _Nesshof_, +1
(15:02:36) ja_: except SDK the files for en-US have been copied to ../stable. I've also copied pt localization to ../localized. I'm awaiting approval for SDK within the next hours
(15:04:17) ja_: approval for es localization is available but I'm missing MD5SUMS for the files that have been provided by Pavel
(15:04:33) _Nesshof_: I assume we are all in agreement f0r moving 101504 to 3.1.1 ?
(15:04:40) _rene_: did the mirror path change?
(15:05:04) _rene_: doesn't not have /pub/ anymore?
(15:05:41) _rene_: Uscan errors:
(15:05:41) _rene_: warning: In watchfile /tmp/openoffice.org_watchCRqwHU, reading webpage
(15:05:44) _rene_: failed: 404 Not Found
(15:06:01) mla: _Nesshof_: +1
(15:06:47) ja_: isn't in use as ftp master anymore. It has changed to
(15:07:34) _rene_: but rsyncmaster neither has
(15:08:27) _rene_: I don't mind if stardiv is master or not, I normally have tarballs anyway before uscan notices there's a new upstream
(15:08:37) _rene_: but stable dir not there makes me wonder....
(15:08:45) rtimm: _Nesshof_: +1. I cannot see 101504 as blocker for 3.1. Either 3.1.1 or 3.2
(15:09:17) _rene_: ja_: so something is either wrong with rsyncmaster or the path to check changed :)
(15:09:45) _rene_: ja_: where will be stable builds be?
(15:10:01) SimonAW hat den Raum verlassen (quit: "leaving").
(15:10:12) _rene_: I somehow do not want to use gwdg :)
(15:10:40) ja_: _rene_: stable builds will be at ../stable/3.1.0/
(15:11:07) _rene_:
(15:11:19) _rene_: ^ but there's no stable there
(15:12:04) _rene_: I know that has it (which imho bogusly) redirects to an other mirror, but...
(15:12:33) _rene_: eg has it, but....
(15:12:50) Stefan___b: Just for the record: 101504 is closed as duplicate of issue 99842. The latter fixed+verified in CWS vcl101 for 3.2 already.
(15:13:02) _Nesshof_: ja_: can you please provide the location of the master to _rene_ ?
(15:13:03) IZBot: Drawing DEFECT VERIFIED FIXED P3 wrong colour displayed for underlining text
(15:14:07) ja_: _rene_: the builds are to be available from master rsync mirrors like it is already at eg. GWDG (please read
(15:15:00) _rene_: but gwdg is ~ 1 day behind always
(15:15:43) _rene_: s/always/often/
(15:16:14) _rene_: but ok, it has a 3.1.0 now, so debian/watch would (if not mentioning stardiv) now report 3.1.0 as current upstream :)
(15:19:08) ja_: _rene_: AFAIK mirrors rsync from rsyncmaster and provide the builds to other mirrors. Have a look here:
(15:19:44) _rene_: ja_: 404
(15:20:31) ja_: _rene_: just try again (for me it forwards to uni twente)
(15:20:52) _rene_: nope, doesn't here.
(15:21:25) _rene_: (and I don't want a forwading tbh, if it forwards to the nl I can also take gwdg, which probably is the mirror which has most of the files right now)
(15:21:36) _Nesshof_: ja_: is there an estimation for the announcement of the release ?
(15:21:36) _rene_: ah, well, will add gwdg in the next upload...
(15:23:12) ja_: As far as I understood the announcement will be on Thursday at 11:00am (Hamburg time)
(15:25:56) calc hat den Raum verlassen (quit:
(15:25:56) _Nesshof_ hat den Raum verlassen (quit:
(15:25:56) VolkerMe hat den Raum verlassen (quit:
(15:25:56) sophi hat den Raum verlassen (quit:
(15:25:56) enoki hat den Raum verlassen (quit:
(15:25:56) paveljanik hat den Raum verlassen (quit:
(15:25:56) ChanServ hat den Raum verlassen (quit:
(15:25:56) Makotu hat den Raum verlassen (quit:
(15:25:56) IZBot hat den Raum verlassen (quit:
(15:25:56) mdamboldt hat den Raum verlassen (quit:
(15:25:56) rtimm hat den Raum verlassen (quit:
(15:25:56) of_sun hat den Raum verlassen (quit:
(15:25:56) stefan_b_away hat den Raum verlassen (quit:
(15:25:56) UweL hat den Raum verlassen (quit:
(15:25:56) _rene_ hat den Raum verlassen (quit:
(15:25:56) mla hat den Raum verlassen (quit:
(15:25:56) MechtiIde hat den Raum verlassen (quit:
(15:25:56) Fridrich hat den Raum verlassen (quit:
(15:25:56) msc_sun hat den Raum verlassen (quit:
(15:25:56) oliverc hat den Raum verlassen (quit:
(15:27:12) ChanServ [ChanServ@services.] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:27:12) Stefan__b [] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:27:12) mla [n=ml93712@nat/sun/x-e106fae302eb44ec] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:27:12) _Nesshof_ [n=martin@nat/sun/x-2b88d1f5b5f72d6c] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:27:12) VolkerMe [] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:27:12) UweL [n=chatzill@nat/sun/x-900ac17b23173441] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:27:12) enoki [] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:27:12) sophi [] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:27:12) MechtiIde [] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:27:12) paveljanik [n=Pavel@unaffiliated/paveljanik] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:27:12) rtimm [n=Ruediger@nat/sun/x-e4f8785183f56654] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:27:12) Fridrich [] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:27:12) msc_sun [n=ms93807@nat/sun/x-393b263f91f6fb5a] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:27:12) Makotu [] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:27:12) IZBot [] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:27:12) mdamboldt [n=md97092@nat/sun/x-fc042803a7ce74ea] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:27:12) calc [n=ccheney@ubuntu/member/calc] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:27:12) of_sun [n=chatzill@nat/sun/x-7f6f7b9e4aaf378b] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:27:12) _rene_ [] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:27:12) stefan_b_away [n=SBA@nat/sun/x-cd502fb073cfdd02] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:27:12) oliverc [n=oc93805@nat/sun/x-9baa887f4d9d746f] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:27:12) Modus (+o ChanServ ) von
(15:27:36) Stefan___b hat den Raum verlassen (quit: Killed by (Nick collision)).
(15:27:36) Stefan__b heißt jetzt Stefan___b
(15:27:36) _rene_: 15:25 * _Nesshof_ just moderated a blocker issue on releases
(15:27:36) _rene_: 15:25 < _Nesshof_> but this issue seems to be present since 3.0
(15:27:36) _rene_: 15:26 < _Nesshof_> issue 74187
(15:27:36) _rene_: 15:26 < IZBot> Word processor DEFECT NEW P3 XML Forms slow with a lot of controls
(15:27:36) MechtiIde: _Nesshof_, this is from 2.1
(15:27:36) _rene_: (for those stuck in the Netsplit)
(15:27:36) _Nesshof_: and 101398, 88693, 94033
(15:27:36) IZBot: Word processor DEFECT NEW P3 XML Forms slow with a lot of controls
(15:27:36) IZBot: issue 74187: Word processor DEFECT NEW P3 XML Forms slow with a lot of controls
(15:28:10) _Nesshof_: now fixed in 3.2 code line
(15:28:30) _Nesshof_: I think we should not stop the current release for this issue
(15:28:44) UweL: +1
(15:29:09) _rene_: ack
(15:29:12) ja_: +1
(15:29:19) _Nesshof_: we may check if we can integrate this in 3.1.1
(15:29:29) _rene_: +1
(15:29:35) blauwal: +1
(15:29:49) rtimm: +1
(15:30:46) _Nesshof_: any open questions regarding 3.1 release ?
(15:30:57) paveljanik: no
(15:31:28) MechtiIde: ja_, I updated qatrack
(15:31:40) ja_: Mechtilde: thanks
(15:31:48) sophi: _Nesshof_: not for 3.1 but one for 3.1.1
(15:31:51) _Nesshof_: before we come to the time lines and issue for 3.1.1 and following releases I would like to do a personal announcement
(15:32:20) _Nesshof_: I would like to step back from my active role in this meeting
(15:32:45) _Nesshof_: I asked mdamboldt to take over the driving roles in this meeting
(15:32:54) _Nesshof_: fortunatly he accepted
(15:33:02) mdamboldt: He does.
(15:33:16) _Nesshof_: I will continue to be his stand in in case of absense
(15:33:40) _Nesshof_: It was a lot of fun the past few years in this meeting and I'v learned a lot
(15:33:56) _Nesshof_: I hope this applies not only for me.
(15:35:31) _Nesshof_: I this the 3.1 release is a good time for a transition so that mdamboldt have then the full history for 3.1.1 and 3.2 in mind
(15:35:51) _Nesshof_: thank you all !
(15:36:32) _Nesshof_: mdamboldt: do you want to take over now ?
(15:36:48) mdamboldt: Thank you Martin H.
(15:37:10) paveljanik: _Nesshof_: thank you too. Not easy job, but you did it perfectly. Thanks!
(15:38:10) mdamboldt: Ok, so next on the list we look at the 3.1.1 release. Last week we already named two candidates and target 3.1.1 was introduced to Issuetracker.
(15:38:34) rtimm: _Nesshof_: many thanks from me, too
(15:38:42) rtimm: mdamboldt: good luck!
(15:39:01) rtimm: (you may need it ;-) )
(15:39:10) mdamboldt: rtimm: I'm sure :)
(15:40:04) mdamboldt: Further issues on the 3.1.1 list may be issue 86443, issue 97975 and debian issue 472461 (
(15:40:12) IZBot: no issue with number 472461
(15:40:40) _rene_: mdamboldt: Debian #472461 is Issue 97975
(15:40:46) IZBot: udk PATCH VERIFIED FIXED P3 unoexe.bin can crash in a thread that exits after main does
(15:40:53) _rene_: mdamboldt: at least that's the hope :)
(15:41:15) _rene_: mdamboldt: I currently handle it as-such :)
(15:41:23) mdamboldt: Other items we need to take closer look now in point of view to 3.1.1 release?
(15:41:37) sophi: mdamboldt: I have request on behalf l10n teams, we know that micro releases are not translation relevant but we would like to have some fixes in 3.1.1, mostly for function names in Calc UI
(15:42:09) sophi: mdamboldt: fixes profided as .sdf files on IZ and not a complete retrieve from Pootle
(15:42:56) sophi: mdamboldt: so only for important fixes in the UI
(15:43:28) mdamboldt: sophi: sounds this shouldn't be an issue and we will put those into 3.1.1
(15:43:42) sophi: mdamboldt: thanks a lot !
(15:44:25) mdamboldt: So we are already at the topic of 3.2 release!?
(15:44:59) Stefan___b: No. We missed.....
(15:45:14) Stefan___b: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOOST !!!
(15:45:32) Stefan___b: ;-)
(15:45:33) mdamboldt: Indeed, congratulations Joost!
(15:45:53) ja_: :)
(15:45:56) sophi: Happy Birthday Joost !
(15:46:20) _Nesshof_: congratulations, Joost !
(15:46:25) _rene_: happy birthday, ja_
(15:46:35) mla: happy b-day joost :-)
(15:46:39) ja_: Stefan___b had his birthday yesterday...
(15:47:13) CorNouws [] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:47:32) sophi: so happy birthday also to Stefan___b :)
(15:47:50) mdamboldt: According to the agenda Martin H. suggest changes for the 3.2 schedule:
(15:47:51) mdamboldt: 1) He'd like to see the next release with a new DSCM
(15:48:02) _rene_: Stefan___b: gl?ckwunsch nachtr?glich
(15:48:24) _rene_: mdamboldt: to be honest, I don't thing whatever SCM we use shouldn't be criterion on the release
(15:48:29) _rene_: think
(15:48:36) blauwal: _rene_: I agree with Rene
(15:49:00) mdamboldt: 3.2 codeline will be branched off in September
(15:49:03) _rene_: s/shouldn't/should/
(15:49:05) mdamboldt: all features for 3.2 release should be integrated before this "branch off" date
(15:49:07) blauwal: _rene_: but I think we'll be able to switch in time
(15:49:13) mdamboldt: there will be no more bugfixing phase after branch off anymore, we will fallover to showstopper modus then immediately doing on the branch then also the "usual" l10n work
(15:49:15) _rene_: .oO ( damn double negations )
(15:50:42) mdamboldt: Any other items / comments on the 3.2 release?
(15:51:03) Stefan___b: QA welcomes the train model features. (Have it PERFECT TO INTEGRATE or see your CWS miss the release). Too many had "UI ready and some inor things yet to fix before code freeze"...
(15:51:32) mla: just for the notes: I've uploaded DEV300_m47 today morning and I've seen it complete on gwdg and 1-2 other mirrors today noon, Bouncer links are already created, so let's see how fast we can see the new milestone build
(15:51:54) rtimm: mla: great
(15:52:49) MechtiIde: mdamboldt, for the record the timeline for 3.1.1?
(15:55:44) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: I would start calculation with a release sometime August 2009.
(15:55:56) mdamboldt: Further detailed planning will come.
(15:57:32) paveljanik hat den Raum verlassen (quit: "This computer has gone to sleep").
(15:57:38) mdamboldt: Anything else for today?
(15:58:19) CorNouws: Hmm, just stepped in late ...
(15:58:30) sophi: mdamboldt: nothing for me, thanks to you and Martin H for your work here !
(15:58:47) CorNouws: but would like to congratulate all people that worked hard on the next great !
(15:59:10) mdamboldt: Thanks!
(15:59:24) mdamboldt: So talk to you again next week latest.....
(15:59:25) mdamboldt: bye
(15:59:42) ja_: bye, bye!
(15:59:50) blauwal: bye
(15:59:54) Stefan___b: Bye bye!
(15:59:57) blauwal hat den Raum verlassen
(16:00:04) mla: bye
(16:00:06) mla hat den Raum verlassen

Personal tools