Difference between revisions of "ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-02-16 IRC log"

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-02-16 IRC log)
m (Categorizing)
Line 147: Line 147:
(16:16:56) bh93810 hat den Raum verlassen<br>
(16:16:56) bh93810 hat den Raum verlassen<br>
(16:17:00) stefan_b: There is dba31[G|H|I] on the table, right?
(16:17:00) stefan_b: There is dba31[G|H|I] on the table, right?
[[Category:Release Meeting]]

Latest revision as of 18:53, 16 March 2010

(14:57:56) ja_: Moin
(14:58:40) blauwal [n=jr93709@sd-socks-197.staroffice.de] hat den Raum betreten.
(14:58:56) UweL [n=chatzill@nat/sun/x-932d893f98bd7ca7] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:01:42) _Nesshof_: moin
(15:02:46) _Nesshof_: from the agenda : Problem with the localization CWS We get no CWS build till now (13.02.2009 21.05) The integration of the fixes after the CWS tests should be finished at 2009-02-26!
(15:03:27) _rene_: what is the problem? (ooc)
(15:03:44) _rene_: (or better, what
(15:03:59) _rene_: (or better, what *was* it, as that message seems to be from Fri :) )
(15:04:21) rafaella [n=Rafaella@nat/sun/x-fdab5c6a085fc069] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:04:29) MechtiIde: _Nesshof_, we should get the build at 10.2.09 and didn't get it till now
(15:05:12) _Nesshof_: if I got it right vg is about to do the upload
(15:05:37) _Nesshof_: maybe coni knows more about localization35 ?
(15:05:40) MechtiIde: so we missed one week
(15:06:01) rafaella: _Nesshof_, yes. vg has some issues with uploading the l10n builds
(15:06:36) MechtiIde: _Nesshof_, rafaella and I try to get a build via buildbot, but it fails
(15:06:49) jj1: Translation updates for localization35 came in until end of last week, so that vg could start building the CWS later than expected. Translations too late => L10N CWS too late :-(
(15:07:29) rafaella: jj1, handover too late....
(15:07:47) mdamboldt_away heißt jetzt mdamboldt
(15:07:48) paveljanik: and the problem should/could be solved by *regular* l10n updates.
(15:08:17) rafaella: paveljanik, I think that the problem is that the updates never end....
(15:08:32) paveljanik: rafaella: right. and this is part of the solution ;-)
(15:08:37) jj1: I agree that more regular l10n updates would help a lot. Ivo is still working on that...
(15:08:46) paveljanik: yup
(15:09:23) MechtiIde: but this doesn't help in this l10n round
(15:09:36) rafaella: back to the l10n uploading issue. vladimir is trying to upload to http://ooo.services.openoffice.org/pub/OpenOffice.org/cws/upload/localization
(15:10:36) MechtiIde: rafaella, there he can delete localisation30 and localisation31
(15:10:40) kai_a [n=Kai_Ahre@i577A92DD.versanet.de] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:10:43) rafaella: it seems that some internal proviledges have been changed
(15:11:15) rafaella: MechtiIde, it's not a question of space - as far as I understand it...
(15:11:58) ***_rene_ additionally wonders how the cws can be RfQA when some issues are not FIXED yet...
(15:12:54) _rene_: (cf. http://www.openoffice.org/issues/buglist.cgi?issue_id=66473+80868+91317+95553+95780+95783+95784+95785+95786+95787+95788+95795+95796+97988+98445+98446+98565+98624+98635+98637+98645+98679+98687+98696+98703+98704+98706+98707+98708+98710+98746+98786+98818+98834+98835+98836+98839+98840+98841+98842+98843+98844+98845+98846+98847+98848+98849+98850+98851+98852+98853+98854+98855+98968+99025+99055+99083)
(15:13:25) _rene_: 80868 and 99083 are on NEW
(15:13:48) _Nesshof_: _rene_: cws name ?
(15:13:59) _rene_: _Nesshof_: localization35 :)
(15:15:14) _Nesshof_: _rene_: issue handling for loc% cws always where a little bit special
(15:16:26) _Nesshof_: anything else regarding 3.1 release ?
(15:16:52) _rene_: yes
(15:17:22) _rene_: hunspell4thesaurus: nominated, but not in m42 yet and neither cloned to OOO310. (thouggh having 3.1 target and being ready in time)
(15:17:49) _rene_: rptfix04: sorry, didn't have time this weekend, will try to package from the new zips asap.
(15:18:29) _Nesshof_: _rene_: I thing ivo or kurt will work on hunspell4thesaurus as soon as possible
(15:18:47) MechtiIde: what happens with the new stopper from yesterday and today in issue 95768
(15:18:57) IZBot: tools TASK NEW P3 track 3.1 release blocker http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=95768
(15:19:48) UweL: which one?
(15:20:09) rtimm: _rene_: integrations for m2 are still ongoing
(15:20:35) MechtiIde: http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=98805
(15:20:42) IZBot: issue 98805: framework DEFECT UNCONFIRMED P3 basic dialogs - command buttons are not displayed
(15:20:43) MechtiIde: http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=98927
(15:20:50) IZBot: issue 98927: Word processor DEFECT STARTED P3 PrintHiddenText and PrintHiddenText not saved to "settings.xml"
(15:21:48) UweL: 98927 => 3.2
(15:22:00) UweL: please read issue
(15:22:15) MechtiIde: UweL, I read it this morning
(15:22:31) MechtiIde: at this time it was unconfirmed
(15:23:20) UweL: now it is confirmed
(15:24:04) MechtiIde: ok but there is also issue 98805
(15:24:11) IZBot: framework DEFECT UNCONFIRMED P3 basic dialogs - command buttons are not displayed http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=98805
(15:26:14) UweL: seems to be duplicate
(15:26:21) ja_: Is it a duplicate to issue 87596 ? In this case this issue has been retargeted to 3.2.
(15:26:27) IZBot: framework DEFECT STARTED P3 Dialog Model Width and Height not working anymore http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=87596
(15:28:08) UweL: so we close 98805 and handle 87596 as is?
(15:29:02) of_sun: I would propose to do so.
(15:29:35) UweL: we've 4 more unopkg issues from brinzing, jl is working on them
(15:32:53) UweL: of_sun: +1
(15:36:23) _Nesshof_: anything else ?
(15:36:33) UweL: no
(15:37:11) MechtiIde: so when we expect CWS build localisation35
(15:37:28) MechtiIde: and how mauch time we have for testing?
(15:37:42) MechtiIde: much
(15:38:16) _Nesshof_: rtimm: can we expect the upload today ?
(15:38:26) _Nesshof_: MechtiIde: how much time do you need ?
(15:39:05) MechtiIde: one week(end) for testing and Andre need time to integrate the fixes in pootle
(15:39:13) MechtiIde: which take lot of time
(15:39:48) MechtiIde: because of the non-speed of pootle esp. if more than one person is working on it
(15:40:19) rafaella: MechtiIde, one week is really if you perform the complte TCM testing
(15:40:21) MechtiIde: I hope he can finished it before Cebit will begin
(15:40:32) _Nesshof_: when do we expect this is done ?
(15:40:37) rafaella: MechtiIde, fixes can be done also offline
(15:40:55) MechtiIde: rafaella, that discuss with Andre
(15:41:02) rafaella: and fixes can be done as soon as you find the issues
(15:41:09) MechtiIde: I have no rights to do it with pootle
(15:41:46) MechtiIde: as I know only jacqueline and andre have the rights to integrate something in pootle
(15:42:15) rafaella: MechtiIde, Jacqueline and Andre as leads decde who should have the rights.
(15:43:13) MechtiIde: I hope we find for the TCM test 5 or more people
(15:43:31) MechtiIde: so how many people should/can have rights to pootle?
(15:44:09) _Nesshof_: rtimm: blauwal: RE duties this week ?
(15:44:20) blauwal: _Nesshof_: as last week:
(15:44:31) rafaella: MechtiIde, how many as the Leads decide. This is a native language - team decision.
(15:44:31) ja_: OOO310_m2 Ivo Hinkelmann (ihi)
(15:44:37) ja_: Oliver Bolte (obo) will do next milestone on DEV300
(15:44:39) blauwal: _Nesshof_: OO310 (Ivo) DEV300 (obo)
(15:45:31) _Nesshof_: anything else for today ?
(15:45:53) rafaella: _Nesshof_, what do we do with the m1 new strings?
(15:46:12) _Nesshof_: rafaella: ooops, I remember there was something
(15:47:03) rafaella: yes ... something to translate or not to translate....
(15:49:30) _Nesshof_: I prefer to pull back related changes
(15:49:44) _Nesshof_: do we have an issue id for the change ?
(15:50:43) _Nesshof_: kai_a: do you know the reason for the changes in dba31i ?
(15:50:44) rafaella: _Nesshof_, the only thing I have is the message from Ain to the dev@l10n telling about the changes.
(15:51:41) _Nesshof_: $ svn diff svn://svn.services.openoffice.org/ooo/tags/DEV300_m40/dbaccess svn://svn.services.openoffice.org/ooo/tags/OOO310_m1/dbaccess | less
(15:51:57) _Nesshof_: looks like a lot of change
(15:52:47) kai_a: _Nesshof_: sorry, I have to ask Frank about...
(15:53:32) rafaella: _Nesshof_, kai_a from what I understand he has changed identifiers, or moved around strings ....
(15:54:18) rtimm: In the mail thread Frank stated "No UI change happened at all, just a new tab page was added which is not visible in the product until you later install a certain extension. I tried hard to not introduce any new strings, by rearranging and re-using existing ones - seems this wasn't sufficient."
(15:54:26) _Nesshof_: blauwal: is there an ignore whitespace switch in svn diff ?
(15:54:43) blauwal: _Nesshof_: sure ... svn diff --help
(15:54:49) rtimm: see "Re: [releases] Re: [l10n-dev] changed strings in 310_m1"
(15:55:07) blauwal: _Nesshof_: svn diff -x -b
(15:55:10) kai_a: rafaella, _Nesshof_: can't reach Frank at the moment
(15:55:38) _Nesshof_: blauwal: thanks
(15:56:27) _Nesshof_: non of the registered issues seems to match for the change
(15:56:34) rafaella: rtimm, it seems that he did not know that changing identifierss has an impact on translation: > If you change identifier, the string is changed. - Okay, this is completely new to me (and I bet I'm not the only one).
(15:56:53) ja_: Something offtopic: As René proposed I've created a separate testautomation source package slicing about 48 MB off the core package.
(15:57:17) rtimm: rafaella: yes.
(15:57:31) rafaella: _Nesshof_, are you pulling back these changes?
(15:58:25) ***_Nesshof_ is still not sure a about the cws wich introduced that change
(16:00:43) rafaella: _Nesshof_, one more thing: what do we do with issue 98693? Do we need to update it in the translaiton or not?
(16:00:50) IZBot: documentation DEFECT VERIFIED FIXED P3 Important Accessibility Notes: error 404 from README_en-US.html http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=98693
(16:02:44) _Nesshof_: seems to be issue 97134
(16:02:50) IZBot: Database access DEFECT VERIFIED FIXED P3 wrong extended help in the macro migration wizard's backup location input field http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=97134
(16:03:44) _Nesshof_: rafaella: as i understand the error 404 fix can be ignored by the t10n communities
(16:05:04) _Nesshof_: rafaella: yes, I'm in favor to get the changes of dba31 reverted
(16:05:24) paveljanik hat den Raum verlassen (quit: "This computer has gone to sleep").
(16:05:28) _Nesshof_: we really need to avoid those strings changes
(16:05:54) _Nesshof_: unfortunatly I began diffing the changes after the nomination of that cws
(16:06:36) _Nesshof_: rtimm: are you prepared to pull back that cws ?
(16:06:51) _Nesshof_: UweL: can you live with the desintegration of that cws ?
(16:07:50) _Nesshof_: ok , any other issues for today ?
(16:08:16) UweL: yes, as fr as I can see right now
(16:08:42) rtimm: _Nesshof_: should not be a big thing to undo the code changes. I do not know though how to document it in EIS. The CWS with all is issues is marked as integrated. What about processes like automated creation of chenge logs f.e.?
(16:09:13) paveljanik [n=Pavel@unaffiliated/paveljanik] hat den Raum betreten.
(16:09:19) rtimm: _Nesshof_: Bookkeeping for that bugs seems difficult
(16:09:53) _Nesshof_: rtimm: yes, looks like a nice exercise :-(
(16:10:28) _Nesshof_: seems to be a hole in our EIS tooling
(16:10:49) _Nesshof_: by
(16:10:51) rtimm: _Nesshof_: no, seems to be a whole in our processes
(16:11:10) kai_a: rtimm, _Nesshof_: I suggest to have Frank taking the ownership of the left tasks after backpulling (tomorrow)
(16:11:51) rtimm: _Nesshof_: re-introducing fixed issues is not designed
(16:14:29) stefan_b: In order to deal with to-be-fixed-yet-again issues, it is feasible to clone them. This handling is feasible for re-opened and re-fixed issues as well.
(16:15:05) UweL: hallo Mechthilde, was sagst du denn wenn wir dba31 wieder ausbauen?
(16:15:40) UweL: sorry wrong screen
(16:15:40) MechtiIde: welche dba31?
(16:15:53) MechtiIde: I know dba31a-dba31i
(16:16:03) bh93810 [n=bh93810@nat/sun/x-dede76f05e38c57b] hat den Raum betreten.
(16:16:13) rtimm: dba31g AFAIK
(16:16:25) ja_: bye bye
(16:16:25) rtimm: that one which got into OOO310_m1
(16:16:30) MechtiIde: I have to look which issues are affected
(16:16:56) bh93810 hat den Raum verlassen
(16:17:00) stefan_b: There is dba31[G|H|I] on the table, right?

Personal tools