ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-01-12 IRC log

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Revision as of 14:29, 12 January 2009 by JoostAndrae (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

(14:57:38) ja_: Moin
(14:57:58) MechtiIde: hello
(14:58:08) ericb2: hello
(14:58:20) mla [n=ml93712@nat/sun/x-2b39520c643e9a54] hat den Raum betreten.
(14:58:27) mla: Hi
(14:59:06) mod_ [] hat den Raum betreten.
(14:59:38) mdamboldt: Hi
(14:59:49) stefan_b [n=SBA@nat/sun/x-2db3c3df4bb78db0] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:00:22) mdamboldt: First topic for today: OOo 3.0.1 Release
(15:00:33) mdamboldt: The OOO300m15 has been created and the upload will start later today.
(15:00:33) mdamboldt: ja_: Can you pleas egive us some more details on the upload status?
(15:01:34) ja_: The build is ready but I have to wait for anoncvs to have the content. I'll begin at 6pm earliest. Maybe I'll do the upload tomorrow morning
(15:01:45) mdamboldt: The m15 will be the Release Candidate 2.
(15:01:45) mdamboldt: So far no new stoppers have been raised.
(15:02:15) MechtiIde: ja_, what do you mean with anoncvs?
(15:02:37) MechtiIde: the same as cws-announce?
(15:02:46) kai_a [] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:03:44) ja_: Mechtilde: cvs
(15:04:26) stefan_b: ja_, it would be cool to have the m15 downoads available before tomorrow's issue cleanup session.
(15:04:28) ja_: Mechtilde: Anoncvs is used to allow CVS access to the sources via anonymous access
(15:04:39) volkerme [n=chatzill@] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:04:46) stefan_b: So an upload tonight sounds better to me :-)
(15:05:27) MechtiIde: ja_, thanks for the explanation
(15:05:28) ja_: Mechtilde: otherwise someone needs to have a CVS account to access the source
(15:05:33) mdamboldt: ja_: why can't you upload the binaries now and the source later?
(15:05:50) ja_: I could start right after this meeting
(15:05:56) mdamboldt: Ok.
(15:05:58) mdamboldt: Next topic OOo 3.1 Release:
(15:06:15) mdamboldt: DEV300m39 is still in progress.
(15:06:58) blauwal [] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:07:21) mdamboldt: blauwal: Can you give us an update on the m39 status please?
(15:08:18) blauwal: mdamboldt: Well, still plentiful build problems, but most have been fixed. I'm a bit doubtful that the resulting binary will survive the smoketest though
(15:09:05) blauwal: mdamboldt: *If* smoketest is OK I hopen to have something by tomorrow
(15:09:15) blauwal: s/hopen/hope/
(15:09:29) mdamboldt: mod suggested to shift the 3.1 code freeze date by some weeks due to the short window between feature freeze and code freeze.
(15:09:29) mdamboldt: Any opinions about that suggestion he raised in the Wiki?
(15:11:10) kai_a: mdamboldt: some developers at the Hamburg site already asked for this, so +1 from my side
(15:11:23) rtimm: Why should anyone be surprised by the current timing? The time between feature freeze and code freeze is known since, don't know, quite some time
(15:11:39) ericb2: which will lead 3.1 code freeze to ?
(15:11:52) rtimm: and that thsi code freeze build would last longer was to be expected because of vacation time
(15:11:54) mdamboldt: In my opinion the status of the 3.1 does not requires a shift of the time line at this point in time.
(15:11:54) mdamboldt: Currently we still meet the definded timeline and nothing is in "status red".
(15:11:54) mdamboldt: kai_a: For what reason?
(15:12:25) ja_: In my opinion it's a bit too early to think about shifting code freeze
(15:12:35) kai_a: mdamboldt: too short timeframe between feature and code freeze
(15:12:43) mla: rtimm: +1, the timeline was known and public
(15:14:10) mdamboldt: kai_a: There is nothing new to the schedule so I wonder why this is beeing raised now and not initially when the schedule was planned. so people now discovered that the slip?
(15:14:41) kai_a: mdamboldt: dev suggestion was in the range of 1 to 2 weeks shift
(15:14:47) mod_: rtimm: not suprised by it, I just think we get a better release if we have more than two weeks between code and future freeze
(15:14:50) mod_: kai_a: +1
(15:15:25) mod_: and who knows when m39 will really be available...
(15:17:31) blauwal: mod_: Suggestion: let's decide this next week. By the we'll have a m39 and will know what's the quality of m39 is.
(15:17:32) mdamboldt: I think we should wait for the m39 and see what we really have in our hand by that version. (And when we really have it.)
(15:17:32) mdamboldt: Than we should decide if we need to shift or not. Right now it sounds to me more like guessing.
(15:17:34) kai_a: mdamboldt: I know, but quite a lot of bugfixes took longer than could estimated before (e.g. arabic)
(15:19:24) mdamboldt: Everybody fine with a dicission after having m39 in our hands?
(15:19:29) ja_: mdamboldt: +1 to wait with a decision until next week / to wait until we've had a look at m39
(15:19:30) mod_: +1
(15:19:33) blauwal: +1
(15:19:37) kai_a: +1
(15:19:44) UweL: +1
(15:19:44) ericb2: +1
(15:19:47) mdamboldt: Even if we already named it, here my weekly reminder :)
(15:19:47) mdamboldt: Reminder: Code freeze for 3.1 is January 29th 2009
(15:19:48) mla: +1
(15:20:09) mdamboldt: Anything else on 3.1 to raise today?
(15:20:37) mdamboldt: RE duties this week?
(15:21:30) blauwal: DEV300 m39 (me), OOO300 (obo)
(15:21:37) mdamboldt: Upload duties this week?
(15:21:43) rtimm: blauwal (hr) currently fights with DEv300 m39. m40 will be done by Vladimir (vg)
(15:21:58) rtimm: oops, sorry, I'm too late
(15:22:04) ja_: I'll do the OOO_m15 upload
(15:22:18) mla: I'll upload the source code files when it's OK to checkout
(15:22:22) mdamboldt: Anything else you want to raise today?
(15:24:18) mdamboldt: Ok, nothing left for today.....
(15:24:18) mdamboldt: bye!
(15:24:29) mod_: bye
(15:25:51) ericb2: bye all
(15:25:54) stefan_b: Bye!
(15:26:06) mla: bye
(15:26:15) kai_a hat den Raum verlassen (quit: "ChatZilla 0.9.84 [Firefox 3.0.1/2008070206]").
(15:26:29) UweL: bye
(15:26:35) UweL hat den Raum verlassen (quit: "ChatZilla 0.9.83 [Firefox 3.0/2008052906]").
(15:26:39) ja_: bye bye

Personal tools