QA status Chart2
The status by the Quality Assurance for the Chart 2 project is tracked on this page. The Chart 2 project should replace the old Chart module which is integrated in OOo 2.x (currently 2.2). The new module is included in one CWS (chart2mst3).
The estimated effort in QA for the CWS chart2mst3 is planned with 3 months until the CWS get in state 'ready for QA' for the first time.
In this time frame the following parts are included :
- testing and verifying of all issue which are included in CWS chart2mst3
- write automated test scripts to check general functionality of new Chart module
- testing the new chart module in all applications of OOo (integration tests for Writer, Impress and Calc)
- approve all specifications
- writing test case specifications for all new features with specifications (documentation what is tested, for further testing cycles and for reproducible test scenarios)
- full function tests of all new features with test case specifications
- general testing of the Chart module
The following parts are not required for approving the CWS, but should be done as much as possible :
- adopt older test case specifications to the new functionality of Chart 2
- write automated test scripts for all new features
The effort is planned for one complete test cycle. If it will be needed to check all issues in the CWS more than once, the time frame has to be extended.
Time frame for testing and quality assurance
Beside the development of the new chart module Thomas Klarhoefer is full-time the responsible engineer for the Quality Assurance. Jogi Sievers is responsible script writer for automated testing and support Thomas. The QA is done in parallel since more than a year. So the testing didn't start with setting the CWS in state 'ready for QA', it started much earlier and was continues work beside the development process.
The final approval process for the CWS nearly started with the setting it in state 'ready for QA'. This was done for the first time at 7th of March 2007. So currently the estimated due date for setting the CWS to 7th of June 2007.
- started verification of all issues from type 'task'
- 252 issues are attached at the CWS chart2mst3
- the CWS get in state 'ready for QA' the first time
- 294 issues are attached at the CWS chart2mst3
- until end of March the major critical issues (19 issues) were fixed in 3 turns
- 8 specifications are approved by iTeam => 4 are open
- 260 issues are verified in CWS chart2mst3 => 56 issues are open - 6 feature and 7 enhancements
- 3 test case specifications are written => 9 are open
- integration tests were done for Writer and Impress (2 days per application by Wolfram Garten and Michael Ruess)
- 2 automated UI tests with >57 test cases have been written (it hast to be checked if they are checked full functionality of 2 specifications)
- 7 automated load/save tests into different file formats (OOo XML, ODF, Excel, ...) have been written which should help the manual tester to get as soon as possible documents for verification
- 316 issues are attached at CWS chart2mst3
- 2 Automators will work on writing script based test cases based on the approved software specifications
- Issue #145482 (internal Sun database for crash reports) needs to be evaluated from a specialist in that area because it is a showstopper for the CWS as decided by QA manager
- still 316 issues are registered at CWS chart2mst3
- 278 issues are verified => 38 issues are open - 6 feature and 6 enhancements
Number of submitted issues
(all issues for new chart have 'new chart' in summary and the key work 'new_implementation' and can be queried in IssueTracker)
Current state (12th of April) :
- all opened issues which are set for new chart : 80
Submitted issues since starting verification of the issues in chart2mst3 (17th of February '07)
- submitted issues for new chart module : 82
- added issues to chart2mst3 (are older than 17th of Feb.) : 64
- issues are added to other CWS than chart2mst3 : 23
- open issues are not registered at a CWS : 5
- 4 valid issues are submitted last week
- only 76397 was identified as showstopper issue, which has to be fixed before integration
Other opened CWS for new chart
Beside CWS chart2mst3 other CWS exists for the new chart module. They includes regressions and issues which should be fixed after integration of the new chart module. But it is difficult to say, if all of these issues can be shifted after the final release of Chart 2 or if they are a Must for the final release.
Here are the CWS :
- chart2mst12 :
- all these issues have to be fixed before integration of Chart 2 module (agreement by iTeam)
- the issues will be added into the original CWS chart2mst3
- chart03 :
- currently added issue : 49
- issues which are submitted since 14th of February : 26
- issues which are submitted since 17th of March : 19
- only issues with priority 3 and 4
- all these issues are regressions against the old chart module
- Agreement of the Chart iteam on these regression tasks can be found at Chart2 approval
- chart04 :
- currently added issue : 17
- issues which are submitted since 14th of February : 4
- issues which are submitted since 17th of March : 2
- all issues are targeted with 'OOo 2.3' and 'OOo 2.x'
- only issues with priority 3 and 4