Providing a gdb backtrace
On some platforms the automated crash reporting feature of OpenOffice.org is not yet implemented. When a program crash is not yet reported on these platforms please file an issue.
If the crash cannot be easily reproduced by a developer he'll probaly request a "backtrace". Here are the steps to provide this critical information:
- Open a terminal window
- Change into the program directory
- Start the debugger by typing "gdb ./soffice.bin"
- Type "run"
- Reproduce the crash
- Switch back into the gdb terminal window
- Type "backtrace"
- Copy and paste the result into a text document
- Attach this test document to the crash issue