Difference between revisions of "Pdf Import Extension"
(add GullFOSS articles)
(enhance links; add +1 link)
|Line 46:||Line 46:|
== Articles ==
== Articles ==
Revision as of 14:04, 4 June 2008
Provide an extension to import PDF documents with OpenOffice.org
- Thorsten Behrens, thb AT openoffice DOT org
- akhva AT openoffice DOT org
- hi AT openoffice DOT org
- Matthias Müller-Prove as user experience engineer
- Writer/ToDo/PDF Import
- Agile Experiment PDF-Import 2007
- Pdf Import Extension/Current Architecture
- User Stories by Mmp, 16:48, 13 November 2007 (CET)
PDF Import Options Dialog
Whenever a PDF is selected in the Open dialog and the PDF is not a Hyprid PDF then the user has to choose in which application (Writer, Impress, Draw) the PDF shall be imported. This is done by a subsequent dialog that shows up after the Open dialog has been dismissed.
- Dialog Title
- PDF Import Options
- "Import '%FILENAE' as" is the label for the following combo control. FILENAME is the filename of the PDF document.
- A combo control to choose between "Text Document", "Presentation" and "Drawing". The default value is "Drawing". But the value is persistent (i.e. the next time the dialog is used, the previously selected option is preselected.)
- A static text field that explains the pros&cons of the currently selected option. It changes according to the current selection of the combo control:
- Text Document - "Choose 'Text Document' to edit major parts of the text. The document might look different because of reformatting."
- Presentation - "Choose 'Presentation' to edit the slides of a presentation in PDF format."
- Drawing - "Choose 'Drawing' to edit minor details of the PDF document. This option is best to preserve the layout."
- A thumbnail of the PDF is shown in the dialog
- Help, Import, Cancel
- Import is the default button for the dialog.
The latest version has a thumbnail of the PDF document to the left.