OpenSUSE Build Instructions
The build procedure is the same as for other Linux systems.
Missing devel packages
The default openSUSE installation media do not include all the needed packages because of CD/DVD space limitation. The missing -devel packages, necessary to build OOo, are available via the full online installation sources at many mirrors. It is enough to add the respective installation source into YaST, for example::
The corresponding repositories at the primary site are:
- The installation sources are quite big (provide packages for all architectures), and it takes a while until they are loaded. They are also quite memory demanding :-(
- The missing packages can also be found at go-oo.org.
- For me, the following zypper line dragged in all packages I needed:
zypper install flex bison pam-devel gperf libxslt java-1_5_0-sun-devel libxml libxml2-devel libxslt-devel python-devel boost-devel openldap2-devel gnome-vfsmm-devel gstreamer010-devel kdesdk3 kdelibs3-devel qt3-devel gcc-c++ ccache perl-Archive-Zip cups-devel ant automake autoconf mono-devel libcurl-devel unixODBC-devel mozilla-xulrunner181-devel neon-devel
- Then, fire up the build with
./autogen.sh --with-distro=SUSE-10.3 --with-ccache-allowed ./download make
- (I had to add --without-system-db due to some probably temporary issues with libdb4)