OOo 3 Beta feedback
OpenOffice.org 3.0 Beta feedback
The intention of this page is to collect the beta feedback from the various mailing list, forums, press, issues and come at the end to a prioritized list of most import bugs we need to fix for 3.0.
Also this is the chance to collect complains of most missed features so that we are able to develop a roadmap for the upcoming releases.
I wonder if you might like to include on your marketing page OOo 3.0's concerted attempt to finally get word count right. This has been a major bugbear for professional writers, and work is underway right now to get OOo to mimic MS Word in this regard. This is a huge deal for a significant portion of your user base, and a major success worth trumpeting.
The master bug for this issue is 80815, if you're interested.
- File -> Save As in Vista SP1 broken => http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=87244
- MS Office 2007 XML filter issues
- Impress drag text box not working http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=89484
MS-O 2007 support
- file format support a mixed bag
- OpenOffice.org Beta Fails the Office 2007 Test
- what I’m seeing now doesn’t give me much hope that I’ll be able to replace Microsoft Office 2007 with OO.o 3.0
- converted this reference .docx document with mediocre quality... (the document)
- Outline mode writer
- OpenType font support is limited
- MacOSX: use system spell checking
- 1rst startup performance
- svg import
- 64k row limit in Calc needs to get extended.
- polish up mail merge
- copy table from Calc to writer and vice versa.
- Add a place to the gallery (place could be a local folder or a website)
- envelope printing]
Microsoft Office 2003 compatibility
- Please better compatibility with .doc, .xls and .ppt files!
- you must have 99.9% compatibility in a business setting.
- JUST FIX ALL THE COMPATIBILITY ISSUES!
- Interface, when I see OO, I think, OMG this sucks! Office 2007 is really brilliant in this.
- when will the interface look more modern?
- i thought OOo were going to improve the interface. but it looks identical to me!
- Ugly, none intuitive interface.
- I don't like the OpenOffice interface, it seems to poor for me.
- the interface could be more modern...
- MS Office 2007 interface is one of the best I've ever seen - please, implement this kind of interface in 3.0..
- etc etc