On every Friday 2pm UTC (15:00 CET) there is a meeting (#oooscm on irc.freenode.net) to discuss a new SCM (Software Configuration Management) system for OpenOffice.org.
Participants: Jan Holesovsky, Martin Hollmichel, Matthias Klose, Eike Rathke, Jens-Heiner Rechtien
- transfer issues regarding the SVN repository o3-build.services.openoffice.org
- bzr "shared repositoires", git "shallow clones"
- exchanged arguments for and against splitting the code repository in a number of repositories
- local disk space occupied by working copy / local repository
IRC log: [].
Participants: Martin Hollmichel, Petr Mladek
Cancelled because of too few participants this week (Jan and Heiner could not attend), see dev@tools mailing list: http://tools.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=6395)
Participants: Jan Holesovsky, Martin Hollmichel, Matthias Klose, John Arbash Meinel, Maximilian Odendahl, Martin Pool, Eike Rathke, Jens-Heiner Rechtien
- setup a weekly IRC meeting, on Fridays, 14 UTC
- how to proceed to obtain a meaningful comparison between the SCM candidates
- we agreed to first create a comparable import for Bazaar, Subversion and Git along the lines of the "migration recipe" in SCM_Migration.
- after that we'll try to create optimized migrations which play on the strength of the SCM systems.
IRC log: [].