OpenOffice.org Annual Conference 2008 (Beijing,CHINA)
How to get from the Airport to the Hotel
Please download this file: File:OOoCon2008-AirportToHotel.odt
- 05 Aug 2008 - Registartion has opened, please read Registration to see details.
The OpenOffice.org Conference 2008 will extend over three days, Wednesday 5th November to Friday 7th November inclusive. The Conference will open on 9am on Wednesday, and close on Friday 5.00pm.
Details of these three days may be found here:
Further more, on Tuesday there will be some meetings for community-projects.
The confrence will be held in the Hotel Nikko New Century Beijing.
you can find the Conference locations on Google maps. (Other information are also included in this map.)
This sectors is about sponsorship information of OOo Conference 2008, please visit Sponsorship for details.
Names of local FOSS companies and institutions
This is a list of local FOSS companies and institutions that are participating in the OOo Conference 2008.
- Beijing Linux User Group
- China OSS Promotion Union
- Changfeng Open Standards Software Alliance
- Redflag 2000 Software Co., Ltd.,
For regular updates, we recommend following the discussions on the main OOoCon mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org. To subscribe to this list, sending a blank email to email@example.com. An automated reply will ask you for confirmation. Please follow the instructions in this reply. You may of course unsubscribe at any time. We will not use your details for any other purpose, but please note our mailing lists are public.
- Weathers of NOV: Temperature: around 3 ~ 7 ℃, windy and try
- Mobile Communication: Pay-As-you-go/Prepay （Shen-Zhou-Xing in Chinese) SIM Chips can be purchased from mobilephone shop, the chip can work with mobilephone that supports GSM900MHZ and GSM1800MHZ.
- Beijing Taxi fares: start at ￥10 (approximately 10 RMB = 1 Euro) within 3km, then ￥2/km. (It will be slightly expensive for a trip after 11pm). Taxi services: 96103 or 68373399 (local number)
Tips for the presentations
In order to guide unexperienced speakers about best practices and things to avoid while standing in front of the audience, there is this document available: TipsForPresentationsAtOOoCon.odp (Any other place to make the document available welcomed)
- participation fee for registration
- to commit to how many of their developers will be present
- to commit as soon as possible to how much sponsorship they are going to provide
- to advertise the event for us - e.g. by putting our banner ads on their sites