OOoCon 2007 Minutes 140307
|OOo Marketing Project
Please view the guidelines
Strategic Marketing Plan Pages:
Return to Index of Meetings
Minutes of the OOoCon 2007 Organising Team - 14th March at University of Barcelona
Attendants: Jordi Matas (UB), Isabel Àlvarez (UB), Josep Figols (Sun), Critina Montserrat (Sun), Jesús Corrius (Softcatalà/Openoffice.org), Jordi Mas (Softcatalà) i Anna Grau (Softcatalà).
Ignasi Labastida (could not attend)
- Organisation team
The organisation team are UB, Sun, Openoffice.org and Softcatalà.
UB assigns Ignasi Labastida and Isabel Àlvarez to coordinate the efforts with the university.
Sun assigns Joan Carles Agusti (was not in the meeting) to coordinate the efforts with Sun Microystems.
Jesús Corrius will keep leading the effort from Softcatalà with help from Anna Grau and Jordi Mas.
- Fix the dates for the conference
- Final dates are 19th, 20th and 21th of September - The 23rd of September is bank holiday in Barcelona. There is a very extensive program or cultural activities for the day. - 20th of September inauguration with local authorities
- Classrooms requirements
The following classrooms have been requested:
- A classroom for the keynotes. Capacity: 180 people (Aula Magna) - Two smaller classrooms with capacity for 50 people - Also we have the classrom "Ramón y Cajal" (for 15/30 people) available.
All the classrooms must have Wifi Internet connection and a projector.
- Meals and coffee
- Request budget to the local University Cafeteria for the conference. Basically Coffe and some pastry. Twice a day (breakfast and afternoon snack).
- What to do with meals? People can have lunch on their own and then we can have sponsored dinners (e.g. Novell is interested in sponsoring one).
- Define requirements for inauguration day (cava, pastry, etc). It is possible to celebrate it in the garden (nice weather and environment).
- We can have posters (DIN A3 size) during the conference days indicating who to get into the classrooms. Same posters can be used for promoting the days before the conference between students.
- We can have a large poster in the frontdoor of the building. 13 meters by 1.5. Its cost is around 800 euros.
- Get a name of an international coordinator of the Openoffice.org Conference and also is a Sun employee. (Jesús Corrius). - Get the exact number of people that attended to the conference last year and the number of people that required cheap lodging. - We all agree that having stands makes no much sense. Find out who is interested in the stands and if they were successful in previous conferences. May me make sense to change them for commercial presentations of the companies and their efforts regarding Openoffice.org or success cases. (Jesús Corrius) - Get the Wiki at Openoffcie.org linked in Softcatalà (Jordi) and also in Openoffice.org (Jesus Corrius). - Write the Drupal Conference folks and inform them of the final dates for the conference (Jesus Corrius) - Talk to Vilaweb and offer them to cover the event using a special bloc (Jordi). Also talk to la Malla ràdio if they want to do the program from the event one day (Jordi) - Make an initial budget for the event (Jordi) - Create a list of tasks to do and a assign a person to them (Anna) - Contact Ignasi Labastida (Anna) - Phone CSIC hall of residence to ask for accomodation (Anna) - Check the total cost of Kiberpipa (Jordi / Jesús) - Look after the budget and also sponsors (Jordi Mas). - Look after posters and the printed version of the program (Anna Grau).
- Give us the e-mail address of Joan Carles Agusti
- UB (Isabel Àlvarez)
- List of nearby restaurants ordered by prices - Reserve rooms for those days (aula magna is already reserved). - Request budget to the local University Cafeteria for the conference. Basically Coffe and some pastry for threee days (twice a day). - Give us the name of their last manufacturer for the posters. - Ask if it is possible to lodge some people in its halls of residence. How many people? Where? - Ask prices and disponibility for their Audiovisual services
The next meeting is scheduled for the next 22nd March, 19.30 h at The Shamrock (Barcelona, Carrer Tallers, 72)