Welcome to the NL.OpenOffice.org wiki pages. This project is part of the Native-Language Confederation and uses this wiki to coordinate parts of its work that need to be updated regularly and/or by more than one person.
We communicate mainly by mail. For this we use the mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org [mainly Dutch]. To view the mailing list archive or for subscription see: http://nl.openoffice.org/about-mailinglist.html Sometimes we use the #nl.openoffice.org channel on irc.freenode.net.
There are a number of things we are currently working on inside the Dutch localization project:
Localization testing on new releases of OOo
- For TCM-tool see: http://www.sunvirtuallab.com:8001/tcm2/opensource/tcm_login.cgi?tcm_config=newooo
- For more information see the TCM page
- To see how this fits into the release cycle Release Action List for QA
- About the testtool and how to localize it
- Roadmap OpenOffice.org 2.2
Translation for OOo 2.2
- Collaboration with the Sun/Globalization team see: http://l10n.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=7230
- Translation information Translation_for_2.2
- The translation tool OLT can be found at: https://open-language-tools.dev.java.net.
- A quick guide on how to use the tool can be found at: http://developers.sun.com/techtopics/global/technology/translation/downloads/QuickGuide_XLIFF_T9n_Editor.pdf
- 16-01-2007 : Translation of the Dutch files for OOo 2.2 has been completed (see http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=73150)
Translation of documentation
Several members of nl.openoffice.org also partcipate in the OOoAuthors project.
is a development site for OpenOffice.org documentation.
We are a group of volunteer reviewers, writers, editors, proofreaders, indexers, and translators producing documentation for OpenOffice.org Writer, Calc, Draw, Impress, Math and Base.
There are also documents in German, English, Romanian, and other languages.