|OOo Marketing Project
Please view the guidelines
Strategic Marketing Plan Pages:
OOo Mission Statement
This page has been created so that community members can help develop a new mission statement for OOo for 2008 and beyond.
What we have now
As a reminder, this is what we have now:
To create, as a community, the leading international office suite that will run on all major platforms and provide access to all functionality and data through open-component based APIs and an XML-based file format.
What the Mission Statement should include
What should/could the Statement include?
- openness (source and standards)
- against bloat and for extensions using a componentized architecture that can be enhanced by users as they like
- a UNO architecture enabling infinite extensibility by users
- core technology in C++ with Java and other languages
- occupying both mobile and fixed environments
- tablet like devices as well as thin clients and of course desktops
- Social: it declares that OOo is to be the productivity platform for all users, everywhere
- breaking down the digital divide with productivity tools for all
- preservation of digitally endangered languages
Proposals for a Mission Statement
Please volunteer your ideas here: