Log Mac Meeting March 19th 2008
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Revision as of 10:53, 16 December 2009 by B michaelsen
Return to Previous meetings page : Previous_Mac_Meeting_logs
Return to March Meetings
[2008-03-19 14:00:39] <PhilippL> 1. Welcome new devs joining Mac OS X port [2008-03-19 14:00:44] <PhilippL> anybody new ? [2008-03-19 14:00:52] |<-- jub has left freenode (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)) [2008-03-19 14:01:28] <PhilippL> 2. Current state of the open CWS's [2008-03-19 14:01:40] <PhilippL> aquavcl06 is ongoing [2008-03-19 14:01:48] <fne> aqua11y01 is in the QA now... [2008-03-19 14:01:50] <PhilippL> I hope we get it into beta yet. [2008-03-19 14:02:05] <fne> currently I am working on some small issues that were reported by Apple [2008-03-19 14:02:09] <hdu_hh> pdffix02: approved [2008-03-19 14:02:12] <fne> I hope so, too [2008-03-19 14:02:30] <PhilippL> fne: actually I meant aquavcl06 which is still new :-) [2008-03-19 14:02:43] <fne> PhilippL: ;-) [2008-03-19 14:02:48] <paveljanik> ;-) [2008-03-19 14:02:51] <PhilippL> fne: I think aqua11y01 will certainly goe into beta. [2008-03-19 14:03:03] <hdu_hh> CWS aquabmpfix01 is in progress [2008-03-19 14:03:13] <fne> it certainly should... [2008-03-19 14:03:39] <PhilippL> hdu_hh: despite correct output, any noticeable performance improvements ? [2008-03-19 14:04:13] <hdu_hh> PhilippL: for some important cases : YES :-) [2008-03-19 14:04:31] <hdu_hh> CWS aw033 is in progress too [2008-03-19 14:04:50] <PhilippL> which will give use antialiased graphics objects ? [2008-03-19 14:05:03] <hdu_hh> and round circles! [2008-03-19 14:05:58] <PhilippL> ok, any other CWS news ? [2008-03-19 14:06:23] <PhilippL> I think obr will give us the background image of the install set back in obr08 [2008-03-19 14:07:14] <PhilippL> 3. Website update [2008-03-19 14:07:19] <shaunmcdonald> ok so it isn't just me who has a bad background in the dmgs for the DEV300_m2 builds [2008-03-19 14:07:35] <PhilippL> currently it links to m2, I think we should link to m3 ? [2008-03-19 14:07:45] <shaunmcdonald> DEV300_m2 is now linked to [2008-03-19 14:07:47] <paveljanik> mine dmg was also way down the screen ;-) [2008-03-19 14:07:59] <shaunmcdonald> DEV300_m3 isn't built yet by maho [2008-03-19 14:08:06] <Dyrcona> -1 on m3. It has problems. [2008-03-19 14:08:06] <PhilippL> ah, ok. [2008-03-19 14:08:15] <PhilippL> What problems ? [2008-03-19 14:08:21] <shaunmcdonald> paveljanik: same for me, which could be an issue for those with small screens [2008-03-19 14:08:44] * shaunmcdonald has put the bittorrent links up last night [2008-03-19 14:09:06] <Dyrcona> It crashed on me yesterday when changing preferences. Calc displays the thousands separator even when values are < 1000 [2008-03-19 14:09:24] <Dyrcona> weird cursor behavior in writer. [2008-03-19 14:09:25] * shaunmcdonald will put the mirror links up shortly, and let the publicity machine run [2008-03-19 14:09:52] <shaunmcdonald> Dyrcona: there is a weird cursor behaviour in m2 [2008-03-19 14:09:55] <PhilippL> ok, let's not update to m3 then. [2008-03-19 14:10:06] <shaunmcdonald> press the spacebar and it doesn't always move [2008-03-19 14:10:07] <PhilippL> What weird cursor behavior ? [2008-03-19 14:10:21] <shaunmcdonald> it is very unreliable [2008-03-19 14:10:25] <Dyrcona> shaun: I never used _m2. i built it then found out m3 was available. :) [2008-03-19 14:10:38] <Dyrcona> it also doesn't show spaces at the end of a line, for instance. [2008-03-19 14:10:48] * shaunmcdonald is a little lazy/busy when it comes to building just now [2008-03-19 14:11:13] <Dyrcona> it abuts against the last letter of the last word, even when there's a following space. [2008-03-19 14:11:23] <shaunmcdonald> the recent items is brilliant :-) [2008-03-19 14:11:48] <PhilippL> it never showed spaces at the end of the line, did it ? however I also see the cursor not advancing with space sometimes. [2008-03-19 14:12:21] <Dyrcona> phillipl: that may be true. I just never noticed it until _m3. [2008-03-19 14:12:37] <shaunmcdonald> um, I opened a document through recent items, and it ignored the fact that it was meant to recover that document [2008-03-19 14:12:57] <Dyrcona> oh, i had fun with a crash yesterday. [2008-03-19 14:13:06] <Dyrcona> speaking of recovery. [2008-03-19 14:13:19] <shaunmcdonald> so when I do tell it to recover the document, it open the document twice, once in write, and once in read-only [2008-03-19 14:13:20] <Dyrcona> i don't know if it is reproducible, though. [2008-03-19 14:13:27] -->| jub (n=Joerg@nat/sun/x-3c2060b6f38c0483) has joined #ooo_macport [2008-03-19 14:13:35] * shaunmcdonald hasn't had a crash of m2 [2008-03-19 14:13:43] <Dyrcona> shaun: more or less the same thing happened to me. [2008-03-19 14:13:48] * shaunmcdonald had a kernel panic from Safari instead [2008-03-19 14:13:49] <PhilippL> Dyrcona: :-( file an issue, we need to look into this. [2008-03-19 14:14:19] <Dyrcona> phillipl: ok. i'll do what I did yesterday to see if I can force it to happen again. [2008-03-19 14:14:32] <shaunmcdonald> PhilippL: issue for the cursor and space issue? [2008-03-19 14:14:57] <PhilippL> Dyrcona: I can imagine that would happen. kill OOo with -segv to force a document recovery, then open the file via recent menu. [2008-03-19 14:15:06] <PhilippL> shaunmcdonald: yes, to hdu_hh [2008-03-19 14:15:20] <shaunmcdonald> PhilippL: and also another one for a block to be added with opening a document that is to be recovered [2008-03-19 14:15:33] <Dyrcona> i double clicked on the document from the finder after the crash. [2008-03-19 14:15:36] <shaunmcdonald> brb [2008-03-19 14:15:49] <Dyrcona> oo.o was hung up trying to save the file during the crash. [2008-03-19 14:15:59] <Dyrcona> so, i force qutitted it. [2008-03-19 14:16:00] <PhilippL> Dyrcona: ah, yes that should be the same thing actually I think. [2008-03-19 14:16:55] <Dyrcona> i need to do a debug build so I can get stack traces, etc. [2008-03-19 14:17:18] <Dyrcona> has anyone tried building with --enable-dgbutil? it doesn't seem to work. [2008-03-19 14:19:01] <PhilippL> not recently, but it worked for me. What goes wrong ? [2008-03-19 14:19:31] <shaunmcdonald> back [2008-03-19 14:19:35] <Dyrcona> there's a build failure in tools. I forget the exact problem. It may also be because i was trying to build the SDK at the same time. [2008-03-19 14:19:54] <Dyrcona> I'll try another build w/out odk and see what happens. [2008-03-19 14:20:18] <PhilippL> ok, I think we're already in [2008-03-19 14:20:21] <PhilippL> 4. Roundtable [2008-03-19 14:20:23] <PhilippL> :-) [2008-03-19 14:20:30] <Dyrcona> :) [2008-03-19 14:20:57] <paveljanik> round roundtable ;-) [2008-03-19 14:20:58] <paveljanik> almost ;-) [2008-03-19 14:21:23] <PhilippL> paveljanik: I hope the tinderbox build of vcl87 works now ? [2008-03-19 14:21:26] <shaunmcdonald> just a little warning, there is going to be a publicity push for DEV300_m2 [2008-03-19 14:21:33] <paveljanik> PhilippL: hopefully ;-) [2008-03-19 14:21:45] <PhilippL> shaunmcdonald: Hmm, meaning ? [2008-03-19 14:21:51] <paveljanik> PhilippL: my scripting doesn't work with binary images in cws, thus I have to use tinderbox :-( [2008-03-19 14:22:00] <cloph_away> PhilippL: It wasn't only the Mac build that broke, linux did break as well... [2008-03-19 14:22:09] |<-- Joerg has left freenode (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)) [2008-03-19 14:22:28] <shaunmcdonald> the files are now pretty much on the mirrors, so links on the page will be updated shortly [2008-03-19 14:22:32] <PhilippL> cloph_away: yes, if you build from scratch. Sorry. [2008-03-19 14:23:09] <shaunmcdonald> PhilippL: expect a higher level of bug reports / interest in the project / news articles / blog posts about the mac port [2008-03-19 14:23:38] <PhilippL> well aside from more bugs, that can't be bad :-) [2008-03-19 14:23:58] <shaunmcdonald> maybe some people complaining that it isn't complete yet [2008-03-19 14:24:35] <PhilippL> I think that's stated clearly on the web page, but you're right, some people will always complain. [2008-03-19 14:24:47] <shaunmcdonald> true [2008-03-19 14:25:16] <shaunmcdonald> but that is the nature of users or customers [2008-03-19 14:25:47] <PhilippL> That's the nature of human life. [2008-03-19 14:26:01] <paveljanik> really round table ;-) [2008-03-19 14:26:40] <Dyrcona> antialiased roundtable. [2008-03-19 14:26:46] <PhilippL> One point: What do you think about switching the roles of Ctrl and Command in OOo generally ? [2008-03-19 14:27:04] <PhilippL> We would get a lot of shortcuts mapped to Command (where they usually belong) [2008-03-19 14:27:25] <shaunmcdonald> PhilippL: make as many of them as mac like as possible please [2008-03-19 14:27:29] <PhilippL> Also e.g. Ctrl-Click to open hyperlinks would suddenly work again since it would be command-click. [2008-03-19 14:27:36] <shaunmcdonald> then the users will be happy [2008-03-19 14:27:49] <Dyrcona> +1 [2008-03-19 14:28:04] <shaunmcdonald> ctrl+click should give the context menu [2008-03-19 14:28:25] <PhilippL> OK, I'll try when I'm back, let's see if problems occur (usually they do :-( ) [2008-03-19 14:29:05] <PhilippL> Speaking of which, can somebody do the protocol next week ? Me and hdu_hh will not be here probably. [2008-03-19 14:29:29] <shaunmcdonald> to test you need to configure your mouse to be a one button mouse [2008-03-19 14:29:46] <shaunmcdonald> PhilippL: meeting log/minute not protocol [2008-03-19 14:30:10] <PhilippL> whatever you call it :-) [2008-03-19 14:30:16] * shaunmcdonald will do if he is available [2008-03-19 14:30:42] <shaunmcdonald> PhilippL: translations are fun ;-) [2008-03-19 14:31:38] <PhilippL> shaunmcdonald: thanks. [2008-03-19 14:31:49] <PhilippL> So any points left to discuss ? [2008-03-19 14:32:55] <paveljanik> no [2008-03-19 14:35:45] * Dyrcona could dot the minutes, also. [2008-03-19 14:35:50] * Dyrcona do, even.