Log Mac Meeting 27th April 2007

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Revision as of 10:43, 16 December 2009 by B michaelsen (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Return to Previous meetings page : Previous_Mac_Meeting_logs

Return to April Meetings Mac_meetings_April_2007

[22:04] paveljanik Lets start?

[22:04] ericb2 ok

[22:04] ericb2 Agenda for 27th April 2007 meeting

[22:04] ericb2 1. Welcome new devs

[22:05] ericb2 new devs ?

[22:07] * fheckl has quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))

[22:07] ericb2 ok, next point ?

[22:07] ericb2 2. Latest Aqua news

[22:08] ericb2 ismael_: ?

[22:08] * fheckl (n=florianh@p57B55890.dip.t-dialin.net) has joined #ooo_macport

[22:08] ismael_ ericb2: i hadn't had time to do anything this week

[22:09] ismael_ i only committed code for cursors last week end

[22:09] ericb2 ismael_: ok

[22:09] ericb2 other Aqua news ?

[22:10] ericb2 ok, next point

[22:10] ericb2 3. Top 10 Status

[22:13] ericb2 One more issue is IMHO fixed : issue 73693

[22:13] ericb2 IZBot ?

[22:15] paveljanik anyone reported/asked on Xcode list why we can't debug soffice.bin?

[22:15] ericb2 This isssue is about the bundle. The fix (Oliver, me and Mox) modifies the tree, like Pavel's script did

[22:15] ericb2 paveljanik: not me

[22:15] paveljanik can you do it?

[22:16] ericb2 paveljanik: which list is it ?

[22:16] ericb2 Carbon-dev ?

[22:16] paveljanik search for xcode at http://lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo

[22:17] fheckl or ask at WWDC.

[22:17] paveljanik 8)

[22:17] ericb2 paveljanik: XCode-users

[22:17] paveljanik yes, everything can be postponed to WWDC, but such issue should be fixed online ;-)

[22:17] * mav_eric (n=mav_eric@xdsl-87-78-218-93.netcologne.de) has joined #ooo_macport

[22:17] * ChanServ gives channel operator status to mav_eric

[22:17] * ericb2 will read the archives, and if the issue is not known, I'll report it

[22:18] ericb2 paveljanik: better ask in the mailing list first

[22:18] ericb2 I wanted to say ..

[22:18] paveljanik yes, exactly.

[22:18] ericb2 about Bundle issue : the fix will be in a new cws ( Oliver didn't create it yet)

[22:18] fheckl paveljanik: of course. I agree. But if we don't find an answer before WWDC, it's a good place to ask

[22:19] paveljanik definitely!

[22:19] ericb2 paveljanik: can we commit the fix in aquavcl01, and reverse just before resync ?

[22:19] paveljanik sure, no problem.

[22:19] ericb2 paveljanik: ok, thanks

[22:19] ericb2 other Top 10 issue(s) fixed ?

[22:19] paveljanik please do not reverse it afterwards. This will be autofixed during resync.

[22:20] plipli good evening

[22:20] ericb2 plipli: hi Sebastien

[22:21] ericb2 About fonts utils, Tino told me he implemented new code. the bad news is he has the exactly same issue with boost templates

[22:22] ericb2 plipli: where are you with the new HIFramework ?

[22:22] plipli I implemented the integration

[22:23] plipli of HIFramework classes

[22:23] plipli thoses classes (TView, TObject) have many helpers, getters and setters

[22:24] plipli when an HIObjetc( Hiwindow, HIViewx) is created

[22:24] plipli we should register it to the HIFramework

[22:24] plipli in fact it will be done by salframe

[22:25] plipli Thus the registered instance of HIObject is using HIFramework instaneously

[22:25] plipli For example :

[22:25] plipli 1. In salnativewidget, a call of vcl to drawnativewidget, make the HIView : HICombo created

[22:27] plipli 2. Code must call the create function of HIFramework for this combo instead of creating it alone

[22:27] plipli 3. The create method of the HIFmk, will register the HIVIew (HICombo) to TView (class of HIFmk, we will surely rename)

[22:27] plipli 4. As a result, when events are called :

[22:28] plipli 4.1 - create event : we can store the ref of the control created

[22:29] plipli 4.2 - initialize event : we can store the texts of the combo list, in the event (in a data structure we define)

[22:29] plipli 4.3 - drawcontrol event : we allmost do nothing, except perhaps call : CallNextEventhandler (passes event o mother class), setNeedsDisplay(controlref,true)

[22:30] plipli 5.Specific event depending of control type : manage the event using infos stored in event !

[22:31] plipli 6. HiLite event, getPart event, HItesting : test and respond to event and/or store result in event data structure or param

[22:31] plipli 7. destruct event : FREE programmatically allocated memore (ie not allocated by Carbon itself)

[22:31] plipli 8. breathe deeply :-)

[22:32] plipli that's all..... 8-)

[22:32] plipli allmost evident isn't it

[22:32] ericb2 plipli: how is binded the scrollbar ?

[22:32] ericb2 plipli: things are different with it

[22:32] plipli binded ?

[22:32] plipli not

[22:32] plipli we don t need to manage scrollbar itself

[22:33] plipli we just have to create a scroll view

[22:33] ericb2 plipli: yes, we have to localize everything, to match with vcl areas

[22:33] plipli inside of content view

[22:33] plipli what s the use to math with vcl for scroll bar ?

[22:33] plipli .. /s math/match

[22:34] plipli we can implement a concrete method which is empty and will be called by VCL

[22:34] plipli as for us, Carbon hiview and wuartz will handle the scroll

[22:34] ericb2 plipli: is it possible to keep the existing control ?

[22:35] ericb2 plipli: there is only one issue with it, and it works fine

[22:35] plipli Apple provides 2 samples of scrollview : simple and advanced (cf devloper guides)

[22:35] ericb2 plipli: I'l have a look

[22:35] plipli why would you like to keep managing so complex things by yourself ?

[22:35] plipli let quatrz do its job :-)

[22:35] ericb2 plipli: fine control of the scrollbar is not easy

[22:36] plipli with apple dample it is finger in the nose

[22:36] * ericb2 curious :)

[22:36] plipli samples are easy to implement (copy/paste)

[22:36] ericb2 plipli: don't forget we have to connect vcl

[22:36] ericb2 with HI*

[22:36] plipli for scroll bars i dont see what we ahve to return to vcl ? it is on ly display

[22:37] plipli explaine me

[22:37] plipli tell me what is the difference if we bond vcl to method that do nothing to scrollbars ?

[22:37] plipli vcl won t care that no object were created...

[22:37] plipli vcl won t see it

[22:38] * plipli doesn't understand

[22:38] * plipli think vcl calls only drawnativewidget

[22:39] ericb2 plipli: not only

[22:39] plipli and AquaSalGraphics::DrawnativeWidget creates only the native HI* we ask it to create

[22:39] plipli ericb2: getpartregion ?

[22:39] plipli ericb2: hitest ?

[22:39] ericb2 plipli: e.g.

[22:40] plipli ericb2: these will be maneged by native events

[22:40] plipli ericb2: in salnativewidget, these methods will on ly get infos from events and return it to vcl

[22:41] ericb2 plipli: ok, let's try

[22:41] plipli ericb2: but the tests / get info on event when e.g.HItTest is called, will be done in events mangement methods implemented in HIFmk

[22:41] * plipli does not have time to implements much these coming weeks...but will help people whohave time to do it

[22:42] ericb2 I'll have a look at your code

[22:42] ericb2 plipli: I'll have a look at your code

[22:42] ismael_ IZBot

[22:42] plipli ericb2: I hope you will ;-)

[22:42] ericb2 plipli: this way, ismael_ and me can prepare the SoC

[22:42] ericb2 plipli: thanks for your work !

[22:43] plipli Hi Cremlae

[22:43] plipli ericb2: you re welcome

[22:43] * plipli will mostly act as a mentor on OOo from now, because of real work's work load...

[22:44] plipli OOo mac tea mmembers : don t forget to complete wiki about WWDC07 to write the questions you want us to get explained by Apple 's engineer...

[22:45] ericb2 plipli: this is next point ;)

[22:45] plipli :-)

[22:45] * IZBot has quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))

[22:46] Cremlae plipli: Hi plipli! (Sorry for the delay.)

[22:46] * IZBot (n=supybot@ppp-88-217-47-43.dynamic.mnet-online.de) has joined #ooo_macport

[22:46] * ChanServ gives channel operator status to IZBot

[22:47] plipli Cremlae: I ll go and catch informations for your GsoC application, when I ll attend to WWDC

[22:47] plipli Cremlae: put your wuestions on the wiki please

[22:47] mikesic plipli: So when can we start to see your code?

[22:48] plipli mikesic: I can send it now to the list but the current versio nis not clean, not commented and not easy to read.. but it compiles

[22:48] plipli what the others think about getting it ?

[22:48] plipli so you will be able to polish and debug it

[22:49] plipli ;-)

[22:49] Cremlae plipli: I'll try to think up a few questions, though I haven't looked at any code yet, so I don't have any.

[22:49] Cremlae plipli: Thanks :)

[22:49] ericb2 plipli: I can put your files somewhere ?

[22:50] ericb2 plipli: and everyone interested will download it, and start to work ?

[22:50] plipli ericb2: I can send the archive to mac@porting no ?

[22:50] paveljanik plipli

[22:50] paveljanik plipli

[22:50] ericb2 plipli: not sure it will work

[22:50] plipli oki

[22:50] ericb2 plipli: attached docs are filtered

[22:50] plipli ericb2: put it on your site

[22:50] ericb2 plipli: ok, I'll do

[22:50] plipli and send the link

[22:50] plipli ericb2: thx

[22:50] ericb2 plipli: sure

[22:51] ericb2 Other Aqua / Top 10 news  ?

[22:52] ericb2 Next point :

[22:52] ericb2 4. Patches to be tested before integration (Please add here)

[22:52] ericb2 new patches ?

[22:53] ericb2 no new patches ..

[22:53] ericb2 Next point ?

[22:53] ericb2 5. WWDC 2007 (weekly news)

[22:54] ericb2 shaunmcdonald: can you start the point please ?

[22:55] shaunmcdonald I'm not going to go to the WWDC this year

[22:55] shaunmcdonald something has come up that prevents me from going

[22:56] shaunmcdonald I also think that someone else who has some experience in the programming of the aqua port would be a better candidate to go

[22:56] * shaunmcdonald hasn't yet touched the aqua code :-(

[22:56] ericb2 shaunmcdonald: well, I thought to you because you are student, and have brilllant ideas

[22:56] ericb2 shaunmcdonald: and you are good diplomat

[22:57] ericb2 shaunmcdonald: but we can understand you

[22:57] ericb2 shaunmcdonald: thanks Shaun

[22:57] shaunmcdonald ericb2: no problem there is always next year

[22:57] ericb2 shaunmcdonald: sure

[22:58] ericb2 when Shaun told me he couldn't attend, I have asked fheckl

[22:58] ericb2 but Florian cannot, so I propose to ask obr

[22:59] ericb2 is ot ok ?

[22:59] fheckl +1

[22:59] shaunmcdonald +1

[22:59] mikesic ok

[23:00] ericb2 other candidates, if ever Oliver cannot attend too ?

[23:00] ericb2 the condition is : have an ADC account, for the eTicket

[23:00] mav_eric we're running out of candidates :-)

[23:01] paveljanik I have to go to bed now, good night.

[23:01] * mav_eric remembers when we had problems to find candidates

[23:01] ericb2 paveljanik: good night

[23:01] mav_eric good night paveljanik

[23:01] ericb2 suggestions, opinions ?

[23:01] Cremlae Paveljanik: good night!

[23:01] ericb2 paveljanik: don't forget to attend the meeting next week ;)

[23:02] plipli good night

[23:02] mav_eric good night plipli

[23:03] * plipli has quit ()

[23:04] mav_eric ericb2: what about Tino or did I miss it and he has no time too?

[23:04] ericb2 mav_eric: tino advised me to ask oliver :)

[23:04] mav_eric ericb2: o.k.

[23:05] ericb2 the problem is, we only have 1500 eurso for travel + hotel, and next week the prices will grow ..

[23:06] * shaunmcdonald doesn't see obr on http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/developers/currentdevelopers/index.html

[23:06] ericb2 shaunmcdonald: I asked for a photo at lest xx times

[23:06] ericb2 s/lest/least/

[23:06] shaunmcdonald ericb2: ok

[23:07] ericb2 As reminder, we put everything about the WWDC here : http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:Ericb#Mac_OS_X_porter_Team_at_WWDC_2007

[23:07] * shaunmcdonald thinks obr must be camera shy

[23:07] mav_eric shaunmcdonald: or he only has very odd and outdated pics just like me

[23:07] ericb2 mav_eric: no idea

[23:08] ericb2 Next point ?

[23:08] ismael_ good night

[23:08] ericb2 ismael_: please wait a minute

[23:08] * ismael_ has quit ()

[23:08] ericb2 to late

[23:08] ericb2 too

[23:08] * ismael_ (n=ismael@235.75.102-84.rev.gaoland.net) has joined #ooo_macport

[23:08] * ChanServ gives channel operator status to ismael_

[23:09] ericb2 in misc I want to add : prepare OOoCon2007

[23:09] ericb2 ismael_: I'd be very pleased to see you prepare something

[23:09] ericb2 ismael_: about your Google SoC

[23:09] ericb2 shaunmcdonald: you too are welcome ;)

[23:10] ericb2 from my side, I'll present the third part of Aqua port : "The Light"

[23:10] ericb2 ismael_: do you agree ?

[23:10] ismael_ ericb2: i firstly planned to go to OOoconf as a spectator/listener to conferences, not as a speaker

[23:11] ericb2 ismael_: again, this is very important

[23:11] ericb2 ismael_: we'll help you if neded

[23:11] ismael_ ericb2: moreover, i'm not sure i will be able to attend because i don't know yet when i start school

[23:11] ismael_ ericb2: but i will think about it

[23:12] ericb2 ismael_: ok. We still have time ( dead line is 1st June )

[23:13] shaunmcdonald ismael_: you could go to ooocon2007 and do a presentation with someone else

[23:14] ericb2 ismael_: or complete mine, or ...

[23:14] ericb2 ?

[23:14] shaunmcdonald ismael_: for example have 2 or 3 presentations where the GSoC students get together and describe what they have done and their experience

[23:15] ericb2 shaunmcdonald: good idea : +1

[23:15] ismael_ shaunmcdonald: yes, it can be a good idea. I will think about it

[23:16] ericb2 ismael_: good :)

[23:16] shaunmcdonald :-)

[23:16] shaunmcdonald ismael_: it would be especially good, if there has been some collaboration between the students

[23:17] ismael_ shaunmcdonald: ericb2: it 's not very easy for the first time i will attend OOoConf as a contributor to do a talk

[23:17] shaunmcdonald ismael_: I understand

[23:17] ericb2 ismael_: we will help you. And I think your english is better than mine ;)

[23:17] * shaunmcdonald needs to find something good to say

[23:17] * shaunmcdonald welcomes some ideas

[23:18] mav_eric shaunmcdonald: once you have a draft you can send it to me and I take a look

[23:18] mav_eric shaunmcdonald: well you should introduce yourself, your role in OOo community, what you do

[23:18] mav_eric what you're talking about

[23:18] shaunmcdonald that's the question

[23:19] mav_eric and most important a good guiding

[23:19] * thorsten_away is now known as thorsten

[23:19] ericb2 shaunmcdonald: you do a lot of usefull things

[23:19] ericb2 shaunmcdonald: and your contribution is precious

[23:19] mav_eric shaunmcdonald: you can talk about your redesign of mac port website

[23:19] mav_eric etc

[23:19] mav_eric your press work

[23:20] shaunmcdonald isn't that old stuff?

[23:20] ismael_ good night

[23:20] ericb2 shaunmcdonald: not that much

[23:20] Cremlae ismael_: Good night!

[23:20] * dave_largo has quit ("Client exiting")

[23:20] mav_eric shaunmcdonald: it might be old for us but not for the audience

[23:20] * ismael_ has quit ()

[23:21] ericb2 shaunmcdonald: bots, QA, cws ..

[23:21] shaunmcdonald mav_eric: that's a point

[23:21] ericb2 shaunmcdonald: a lot of good reasons to prepare something, really

[23:21] mav_eric shaunmcdonald:  :-)

[23:21] * shaunmcdonald needs to readjust from just finishing his exams this morning

[23:21] ericb2 Other point: I can't say more today, but maybe I'll have good news next week.

[23:22] * shaunmcdonald still has dissertation to do (about 40 hours per week)

[23:22] ericb2 I prefer not say more : this is about new hardware, but I'm waiting since a long time, and I prefer be sure

[23:23] ericb2 Just a suggestion : don't miss the next meeting :)

[23:23] * mav_eric feels with shaun. His sister is currently doing her final examines

[23:23] ericb2 Other questions ?

[23:23] mav_eric ericb2: I'll try but we have QA weekend for german community

[23:23] mav_eric ericb2: no questions just a report

[23:24] * shaunmcdonald remembers mav_eric doing them last year

[23:24] mav_eric I will give an interview or something like that for a podcast of a german macnews site

[23:24] mav_eric shaunmcdonald: yes. And thankfully I'm done

[23:25] shaunmcdonald how close are we to the alpha release of the aqua port?

[23:25] shaunmcdonald how will it be distributed?

[23:25] mav_eric shaunmcdonald: good question that's the first question I get asked by the media as well

[23:25] shaunmcdonald good-day simply won't cope

[23:26] ericb2 Next meeting ?

[23:31] shaunmcdonald ericb2: next friday?

[23:31] ericb2 +1

[23:31] ericb2 same hour

[23:31] mikesic ok

[23:32] mikesic ericb2: Do you already have plipli's code?

[23:32] ericb2 mikesic: if I'm not wrong, you are from Houston, aren't you ?

[23:32] mikesic ericb2: yes

[23:32] ericb2 mikesic: I've received it, I'll post the URL very soon

[23:32] ericb2 (in 20 min max )

[23:32] mikesic ericb2: :)

[23:32] mav_eric mikesic mystic_ca

[23:38] ericb2 mikesic: how long do you ned to attend SF ? 4 hours ? ( by plane I suppose )

[23:39] mikesic ericb2: yes - about that

[23:39] ericb2 mikesic: ok

[23:45] * shaunmcdonald has quit ("Probably time for sleep or to get on with something useful")

[23:48] * ericb2 will complete the wiki page

[23:49] ericb2 good night all

[23:49] Cremlae ericb2: Good night!

Return to Previous meetings page : Previous_Mac_Meeting_logs

Return to April Meetings Mac_meetings_April_2007

Personal tools