The following is a milestone plan for transition from the current l10n to the new l10n.
There are 2 separate project, which will be executed in parallel:
This project is the interface to offline translators, NLC and people interested in l10n.
The milestones are as follows
- Update top pages of l10n.openoffice.org (Done, await RTC and commit)
- Update all of l10n, remove/update old pages, so old pages have valid content (need RCT, lot of work for committer)
- Update all of wiki localization/l10n
- Make php script for upload/download/register/stat (must be done interactively with committer), here I could really used a skilled php programmer
- Update country specific pages and contact NLC to get things running
This project is mainly developer and integrator oriented.
The milestones are as follows:
- make SVN branch, to secure stability of AOO while implementing (must be done by committer)
- change l10n tools to generate po files (changes will be quite often, and should be committed)
- change build/make to include new target, I need someone to ping-pong with about the best way forward
- QA !! here I could really use some help on how to test it
- Merge with SVN main branch (needs committer), at this point: sdf files R.I.P.
The second phase awaits the outcome of a discussion with pootle people (can SVN be used, etc), but assuming yes:
- Update Pootle server to work on SVN, here I need help since I have no access at all
- activate php scripts
- QA whole process, help would be appreciated (4 eyes are better than 2).
- Merge with SVN main branch
- update documentation.
it can be seen, that I need a lot of communication with a committer just for the pure work, I would anyhow appreciate input/comments from time to time.
The total calendar time needed is about 2 months, if the committer and I have a very close working order.