I want to be an OpenOffice.org developer
Welcome to OpenOffice.org! :-)
You are at the start of a long, but very exciting journey! There are many ways to get started, but the easiest one is to:
- build your own OpenOffice.org so that you are able to modify things
- pick up your favorite bug/annoyance, and try to fix that
- when you see that hacking OOo pleases you, it's time to look for bigger tasks; there's eg. a nice list of ideas originally planned for GSoC
More info about developing OOo is here:
- Participating in OpenOffice.org - Programming
- Getting started with OOo development
- OpenOffice.org for Developers
If you don't find the instructions in the Wiki good enough to guide you, feel free to ask on the email@example.com mailing list. If you are interested in some aspect that is not covered, ask the mailing list as well :-) - we'll guide you where to find people who will be able to answer your questions.
We are looking forward to your contribution!