Handling Translation Issues
This page provides information about handling translation issues for languages, where Sun is involved in the translation. However, the information about submitting translation issues can be used for submitting issues for any language.
How to submit a translation issue
A correctly submitted translation issue should:
- have Component set to l10n
- be assigned directly to the person responsible for fixing translation issues - currently petr_dudacek
- have the language code specified in square brackets in the beginning of the Summary field, for example: [IT] missing translation of File -> Open dialog
Additional information that is useful for quickly locating the string(s) that need(s) to be fixed:
- when submitting a UI (User Interface) issue, it is always good to add information about the needed fixes in the OLH (Online Help). This means not only saying this needs to be fixed in the Online Help as well but try to find the corresponding Help page(s) and add information about how to get to that page(s).
- each string is identified by its KeyID, which is a unique 6-digits identifier that helps to quickly locate the string in the Sun translation database. The KeyID can be obtained from a so called KeyID Build.
- when a KeyID build is not available, it is enough to provide the exact steps to locate the string, for example:
- In Writer:
- Format -> Character...
- select the Hyperlink tab, click the Events button to open the Assign Macro dialog
- The Remove button text is not translated.
- In Writer: