From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Revision as of 09:52, 22 May 2006 by Frank Schoenheit
Things To Do
- localize error messages (currently all hard-coded English)
- get rid of the "default_schema=true" parameter?
Connection settings which are currently necessary to connect to HSQLDB embedded in an OpenOffice.org database file
- storage_key: unique key which globally identifies the connection/storage
- fileaccess_class_name: Name of the class implementing the file access
- default_schema=true: lets HSQLDB behave as if it doesn't support schemas
This would allow to get rid of the temporary files which are currently needed when working on the embedded HSQLDB, and thus remove some performance penalties
- separation of the "auto increment" from the "primary key" concept. Currently, if you declare a column to be an auto increment column, it inevitable becomes the primary key
- editable views
Currently, if you create a view as simple as
SELECT * FROM table, this is not updateable, even if
(side note: Hmm, have to check which part OOo plays here - perhaps it's OOo's fault in real?)
- more tolerance when changing column definitions
For non-professional users, it's quite common that a database schema is not defined once and then fixed, but instead evolves over time, as requirements evolve. HSQLDB currently is pretty restrictive in some areas, preventing some of such on-demand adjustments to the database.
For instance, simply (?) changing the length of a column is prohibited as soon as the column is part of a relationship.
- updatable result sets
This would allow updatable views (wouldn't it?)