Framework/New Docking Windows
New style docking windows
We are currently working together with the RedOffice Team in Bejing to have new style docking windows. The new implementation will be part of the Layout Manager introduced in OpenOffice.org 2. There are several improvements planned for the new implementation:
- The new docking windows can be controlled by the Layout Manager API
- The new docking windows uses the same configuration data as the other user interface elements
- New docking windows will be available for extensions
- It's possible to define groups that consists of several docking windows. If the user move a window of a group, all windows will be moved.
- Better separation of responsibility for document and container window. Only the container window contains the user interface. The document window is responsible to show document content.