From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Revision as of 12:14, 6 February 2013 by Pescetti
New features planned for OpenOffice.org
This page is a roadmap for the features planned in future OpenOffice.org releases. For older releases, see the archives.
Caution: The items listed here are under continuous development and the dates are therefore subject to change!
OpenOffice.org product planning
- How Planning works in OpenOffice.org
Upcoming OpenOffice.org versions
Features planned for OOo 3.3 (Third quarter 2010)
- First Achievements of the Renaissance project
- Printing restructuring works
- Common ODF document icons
- Thesaurus in right-click context menu
- Compare documents also compares tables
- FindBar: Additional toolbar which provides basic search functions.
- Improve performance associated with row limit increase
- Allow setting custom colors to sheet tabs in Calc.(cws calctabcolor)
- Step back slideshow animations
- Baseline alignment of formulas in starmath module (?)
- switch to a distributed SCM
- modularization of the build system
Features planned for OOo next
- removal of old StarOffice binary filters (*.sdw, *.sdc, *.sdd)
- SVG Import (cws ka102)
- Improve Writer's comparison feature (cws writercompare01)
- Upgrade of hsqldb from version 1.8 to 2.0 (cws hsqldb19)
Features planned for OOo 3.x
- XForms Enhancements
- XHTML import filter (?)
- Possibility to rotate images in Writer
See also the Calc Usability Activities page on this wiki.