Difference between revisions of "Extensions/website/Minutes/2008-02/2008-02-28-IRCLogs"

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(New page: <pre> (10:01:51) mdamboldt: Hello All! (10:01:51) mdamboldt: Let's start with old action items: (10:01:51) mdamboldt: bosi: 2_2007-10-04: Provide infrastructure for localization of static ...)
Line 95: Line 95:
(10:28:04) bettina-h: bye
(10:28:04) bettina-h: bye

Latest revision as of 00:42, 5 March 2010

(10:01:51) mdamboldt: Hello All!
(10:01:51) mdamboldt: Let's start with old action items:
(10:01:51) mdamboldt: bosi: 2_2007-10-04: Provide infrastructure for localization of static content
(10:01:51) mdamboldt: bosi: Any update on this?
(10:03:49) lgodard: hi all
(10:04:12) lgodard: mdamboldt: i think the process is defined
(10:04:26) lgodard: fr and de have translated, using po files
(10:04:36) lgodard: there are some missing snetences though
(10:04:50) dinesh a quitté le salon (quit: Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
(10:05:21) mdamboldt: lgodard: Thanks for the update.
(10:05:30) mdamboldt: Since Juergen is not participating todays meeting, does anybody know about updates regarding:
(10:05:31) mdamboldt: JSC: 3_2007-10-04: Propose workflow for localization of static content
(10:05:31) mdamboldt: JSC: 1_2007-11-15: Send mail to submitters who filed extension descriptions in languages other then English
(10:06:03) lgodard: for Propose workflow for localization of static content i think bosi is waiting
(10:06:04) lgodard: that 
(10:06:16) lgodard: fr and de , as model are ok
(10:06:27) lgodard: then, the po file will join the l10n process
(10:06:46) lgodard: for 1_2007-11-15, no idea
(10:07:13) SunNF [n=nf@sd-socks-197.staroffice.de] est entré dans le salon
(10:07:23) bosi: sorry a little late ;-)
(10:07:33) mdamboldt: lgodard: Thanks again for the update.
(10:07:33) mdamboldt: So we are at the Round Table now, anybody likes to bring up something?
(10:07:38) SunNF a quitté le salon
(10:07:58) lgodard: bosi: hi Thorsten
(10:08:08) _Nesshof_: yes, I'd like to propose an enhancement for the site
(10:08:23) _Nesshof_: providing also single templates and cliparts
(10:08:38) lgodard: _Nesshof_: packaged as extensions ?
(10:08:46) _Nesshof_: lgodard: no
(10:08:54) _Nesshof_: lgodard: as single items
(10:08:59) lgodard: _Nesshof_: why break the paradigm ?
(10:09:10) _Nesshof_: lgodard: what paradigm ?
(10:09:40) lgodard: extensions are distributed through a format allowing refrencement, updates aso ... the overall mechanism
(10:09:58) lgodard: what is the advantage submiting as individual ?
(10:10:19) _Nesshof_: lgodard: to e more precise: I would like to use the technology we have with the current site for this enhancement
(10:10:36) lgodard: i don not understand
(10:10:48) _Nesshof_: it can then be reached maybe under "bla".services.openoffice.org
(10:11:06) _Nesshof_: lgodard: often someone one is looking for a single template
(10:11:19) lgodard: no, or redirect to extensions with a filter option
(10:11:19) _Nesshof_: and don't want to download a full template pack
(10:11:39) _Nesshof_: also contributing just one template should then be possible
(10:11:46) lgodard: well, for full template pack, it is the author wish
(10:11:57) lgodard: one can build single-template extensions
(10:12:13) bosi: There are growing plans to have a way _in_ the office to offer the download/upload of templates. Martin h. wanted to talk about this.
(10:12:18) lgodard: what could be done, if needed, is a server side packaging
(10:12:54) lgodard: bosi: there exists a mechnism to distribute extensions (eg. templates)
(10:12:58) lgodard: it should be used
(10:13:04) SunNF [n=nf@sd-socks-197.staroffice.de] est entré dans le salon
(10:13:07) _Nesshof_: lgodard: i don't care in the moment whether the final format may be an extension
(10:13:14) lgodard: and if some sorting is needed
(10:13:20) lgodard: it is then a category
(10:13:37) lgodard: a metadat attached to the extension
(10:13:38) _Nesshof_: but I would like to offer the possibility to search within the Office for specific templates and download them
(10:14:13) lgodard: _Nesshof_: ok
(10:14:13) bosi: there is already a site, just offering templates, I have to look for the url...
(10:14:36) lgodard: bosi: templates are some kind of extensions
(10:14:52) lgodard: bosi: i do not see the interrest on breaking it
(10:15:12) lgodard: work on metadats of extensions to allow fine grained filtering, but that's all
(10:15:25) lgodard: but, i agree that at OOo-side
(10:15:29) lgodard: a tool may be needed
(10:15:31) _Nesshof_: lgodard: wouldn't it be fill the extension manager too much if I have downloaded 10 single templates ?
(10:15:49) lgodard: as it may be needed for extensions, galleries, dictionaries (soon)
(10:16:22) lgodard: so rework the extension manager to make a category hierarchy
(10:16:27) _Nesshof_: lgodard: I don't think that we need to decide on the format right now
(10:16:50) lgodard: moreover
(10:17:13) lgodard: i proposed at the beginning of the project some kind of feeds/repostiories management
(10:17:29) _Nesshof_: what we need to think first about, is how to provide an interface for searching, uploading and previewing stuff
(10:17:44) lgodard: could be though this kind of mechnism too but, in fact it will be the same as puting categories in the extension manager
(10:18:21) lgodard: you want this within OOo ?
(10:18:30) _Nesshof_: lgodard: yes
(10:18:43) lgodard: then it should be fed with the website avoiding redundancy
(10:19:44) _Nesshof_: lgodard: yes
(10:20:20) lgodard: so it is more a mater of metadat of extensions than a new website or mechanism
(10:21:06) _Nesshof_: I think I will work with bosi and bettina-h in the next weeks to provide a more detailed draft of the things we would like to achieve
(10:21:31) _Nesshof_: lgodard: yes, that's an important part
(10:21:53) lgodard: _Nesshof_: ok thanks. remember that a lot already exists thnaks to extension debelopper; mathias already wrote on the wiki about templates packaging
(10:22:40) _Nesshof_: lgodard: ok
(10:22:48) mdamboldt: Ok, so anything else for today?
(10:22:58) lgodard: bosi: any update on po files ?
(10:23:05) _Nesshof_: mdamboldt: action item for me, provide draft for this topic, due end of april ?
(10:23:27) mdamboldt: _Nesshof_: note taken
(10:23:35) lgodard: _Nesshof_: i may have time after mid-march to help
(10:23:49) lgodard: (before, city council elections ;) )
(10:23:51) bosi: lgodard, no, I'm currently on the CWS aquavcl05, but I try to take look today ...
(10:23:55) _Nesshof_: lgodard: that would great, thanks
(10:24:10) _Nesshof_: lgodard: good luck !
(10:24:57) lgodard: _Nesshof_: no need of luck :) a lot of energy  (well, luck maybe with voting computers)
(10:25:06) lgodard: _Nesshof_: thx
(10:25:18) lgodard: bosi: ok, no problem, just a reminder :)
(10:25:40) lgodard: bosi: let us know, i'll relay to our l10n-fr team
(10:26:04) bosi: lgodard, I will....reminders are good ;-)
(10:26:11) lgodard: bosi: :)
(10:26:30) mdamboldt: Ok, thankyou all for joining todays meeting.
(10:26:38) lgodard: mdamboldt: thx :)
(10:28:04) bettina-h: bye
Personal tools