|OOo Extensions project
Please view the wiki usage guidelines
|Extensions on the main site|
All translated pages may not be up to date - Main language remains English
Apache OpenOffice Extensions
The Extensions project provides
- Tools, guidelines and initial information to develop new functionality for OpenOffice
- Repository of existing Extensions: listing and classification
- Deployment to end-users
- Extension Ideas
You can join us at
- API mailing list for building the extensions ecosystem. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe to the list.
Translating these pages
The Extension project has to be strongly bound to Native-Lang communities to relay any local third party development. So we warmly welcomed people interested in providing translations for the Add-ons and also for the documentation and pages of this site.
The naming convention proposed is to
- Create a new page taking the English page and add your language code as suffix (eg. Extensions_repository_fr)
- Put a link to this translated page at the top of the English page, with the language code
- Be aware that if you start a translation, it would be good to monitor it so that it remains as much in sync as possible
Some extension categories
- Calc Add-Ins provide new Calc built in functions which can be directly used over the normal function dialog in the Calc application.
- Add-ons describe components providing some new functionality and normally coming with an UI integration (e.g. new menu entries or complete new menues, new toolbars).
- DataPilots provide a new kind of data pilot which can be used directly over the DataPilot dialog in the Calc application.
- Chart Add-Ins provide a new chart type
- Linguistic components provide new implementations of known interfaces which can be used directly over the normal UI.
- Starting with OOo 2.0.4 we have support for non-code extensions (e.g. templates, autotexts)
Extensions from External Sources
The flexible AOO Extensions concept allows to use Extensions from external sources. Similar to the Extensions from the AOO extensions repository, the code is not under control of AOO. So you use those extensions on your own risk. Known external sources are