|OOo Extensions project
Please view the wiki usage guidelines
|Extensions on the main site|
All translated pages may not be up to date - Main language remains English
Apache OpenOffice Extensions
The Extensions project provides
- Tools, guidelines and initial information to develop new functionality for OpenOffice
- Repository of existing Extensions: listing and classification
- Deployment to end-users
You can join us at
- #ooo-ext IRC channel
- API mailing list for building the extensions ecosystem. Send an email to email@example.com to subscribe to the list.
Translating these pages
The Extension project has to be strongly bound to Native-Lang communities to relay any local third party development. So we warmly welcomed people interested in providing translations for the Add-ons and also for the documentation and pages of this site.
The naming convention proposed is to
- Create a new page taking the English page and add your language code as suffix (eg. Extensions_repository_fr)
- Put a link to this translated page at the top of the English page, with the language code
- Be aware that if you start a translation, it would be good to monitor it so that it remains as much in sync as possible
Some extension categories
- Calc Add-Ins provide new Calc built in functions which can be directly used over the normal function dialog in the Calc application.
- Add-ons describe components providing some new functionality and normally coming with an UI integration (e.g. new menu entries or complete new menues, new toolbars).
- DataPilots provide a new kind of data pilot which can be used directly over the DataPilot dialog in the Calc application.
- Chart Add-Ins provide a new chart type
- Linguistic components provide new implementations of known interfaces which can be used directly over the normal UI.
- Starting with OOo 2.0.4 we have support for non-code extensions (e.g. templates, autotexts)