Edit several issues in IssueTracker
Edit several issues at once
IssueTracker is very complex and isn't easy to understand in some cases. For example it isn't known generally that it is possible to edit more than one issue at the same time. This is needed when your want to change states of issues from a query and do not want to open one by one and do always the same clicks.
How can this be done?
- First of all you have to 'log in' into OOo site : http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/Login
- Open the Query site of IssueTracker : http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/query.cgi
- Define and submit your query : e.g. Issue type = 'defects', Status = 'verified', Priority = '2'
- You get a list of issues. At the end you can find links for this query. Press the link 'Change several issues at once'.
- On this page you can change states and add comments for more than one issues at once. You have to select dedicated issues or all together and change the field entries or states for the selected issues.
Sometimes you have the problem that fields or states cannot be changed. The lists are empty or aren't available at all. E.g. for this query you cannot change the 'Target' field for all issues at once. This is a problem of the complexity of IssueTracker. For this case IssueTracker has for all components an own target handling. Therefore you have to add a component to the query you made. Attention! Use the link 'Edit this query' at the bottom of the list of issues. Then you can edit the old query and it isn't needed to create your query again and again.
What can be the reasons, why I do not can change states or fields of the issues?
- Why I am not able to change the Target field for all issues in my query, it's empty?
You have to select a component in your query! The Target field is active when you have selected issues in one component only.
- Why I cannot change the status of all issues issue to 'closed'?
You have to select issues only which can be set to status 'closed' in one step! E.g. add to your query status = 'verified' and you can get 'closed' as possibility for the status change.
Another tip: You can change the columns for the general query output. At the bottom of the list of issues you find the link Change columns. Here you can add needed or delete unneeded information from the list of issues.