Working with Text
This is Chapter 3 of the OpenOffice.org 3 Writer Guide, produced by the OOoAuthors group. A PDF of this chapter is available from this wiki page. The PDFs are up to date for the second edition of the book, and the wiki pages for this chapter have been updated.
This chapter covers the basics of working with text in Writer, the word-processing component of OpenOffice.org (OOo). It assumes that you are familiar with the use of a mouse and keyboard and that you have read about Writer's menus and toolbars and other topics covered in Chapter 1 (Introducing Writer).
We recommend that you also follow the suggestions in Chapter 2 (Setting up Writer), about displaying formatting aids such as end-of-paragraph marks and selecting other setup options.
When you have read this chapter, you should know how to:
- Select, cut, copy, paste, and move text
- Find and replace text
- Insert special characters
- Format paragraphs and characters
- Create numbered or bulleted lists
- Check spelling, use the thesaurus, and choose hyphenation options
- Use the autocorrection, word completion, autotext, and line numbering features
- Track changes, undo and redo changes, and insert notes
- Link to other parts of a document
|Content on this page is licensed under the Creative Common Attribution 3.0 license (CC-BY).|