Documentation/How Tos/Calc: RAND function
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Returns a random number between 0 and 1.
- This function produces a new random number each time Calc recalculates, greater than or equal to 0, and less than 1.
- To force Calc to recalculate manually press Shift+Ctrl+F9.
- To generate a random number which never recalculates, copy a cell containing =RAND(), and use Edit - Paste Special... (with Paste All and Formulas not selected and Numbers selected).
- returns a random number between 0 (inclusive) and 1 (exclusive).
RAND()*(b-a) + a
- returns a random real number between a and b.