Documentation/How Tos/Calc: DECIMAL function
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
< Documentation | How Tos
Returns a decimal number, given a text representation and its base radix.
- text is text representing a number with the base radix radix (an integer between 2 and 36).
- Any leading spaces and tabs are ignored.
- Letters, if any, may be upper or lower case.
- If radix is 16 (hexadecimal system), any leading 0x, 0X, x or X is ignored, as is any trailing h or H.
- If radix is 2 (binary system), any trailing b or B is ignored.
- returns 255 as a number (hexadecimal system).
- returns 5 as a number (binary system).
This function is currently shown in the Text category of the Function Wizard.