User FAQ Project
Current FAQ Collections
|General||Understanding the project, the licensing, and how the community works|
|Installation||Addressing download, installation, and set up issues|
|Writer||Using the OpenOffice.org word processor|
|Calc||Using the OpenOffice.org spreadsheets|
|Draw||Using the OpenOffice.org vector graphics module|
|Impress||Using the OpenOffice.org presentation module|
|Formula||Using the OpenOffice.org math editor|
|Databases||Connecting and using OpenOffice.org with your favorite database|
|Developer FAQ||Development of OpenOffice.org|
|Contributing to Doc Project||Some tips to help you contribute to OpenOffice.org documentation|
The purpose of this project is to provide simple, on-line FAQ-based help files to the end-user community.
This project is a repository for questions that have been asked about the OpenOffice.org suite. After the questions are answered they deserve a place in these lists. To help site navigation, the FAQs have been separated into groups.
We are currently working to find the best way to build a usable set FAQs for the OpenOffice.org suite. This is one of a few lists of the FAQs in process. It is very possible that some of what you find here is incomplete; nonetheless, do not hesitate to report discrepancies. Our goal is to help you find the information you need as easily as possible. Any observations, criticisms, improvements, or other feedback is encouraged and very welcome. Let us know what works best for you. If you have a question that is not answered here, we suggest the following steps:
- Subscribe to a mailing list that relates to the question you want to ask. These lists are direct links to developers and end-users alike. Most questions can probably be answered on these lists fairly quickly.
- Once your question is answered, send an email to us at the documentation project. Tell us which mailing list you selected, and the question you asked, then one of us will add your question to the list of FAQs.
- Subscribe to the documentation project mail list, and join the team of folks who work on OOo documentation. We are always looking for more good help.
Information for FAQ maintainers:
- Open documentation project FAQ related tasks reported in the Issue Tracker.
- Open user-faq project FAQ maintenance tasks reported in the Issue Tracker.
- Updates incurred to the FAQ collaboration via the authors' project can be found on the OOoAuthors.org recently published list.
- If you update or add FAQs at the documentation project's FAQ set, please also make the same changes at the FAQ on OOoAuthors.org, so that we can keep both sets of FAQs up to date.
- When updating FAQs, try to keep the information for older versions of OpenOffice.org intact, while adding information for newer versions. Let us support all users of OpenOffice.org, if we can.
- Many thanks to all who help with this effort!