Documentation/Dashboard/Help Content Cleanup
The Help Content Cleanup Project
This project looks into cleaning up the content of the help as available in the helpcontent2 source code module.
Currently, the help content includes numerous formatting flaws, such as
- inconsistent usage of span elements
- inconsistent usage of image size attributes
- multiple insignificant spaces introduced by formatting XML editors
- empty inline tags
All these flaws present a particular challenge to the localization process, especially since some of the aformentioned errors seem to get into the code in an uncontrolled fashion.
Cleaning up the help source must therefore be followed by the introduction of a process that ensures that such flaws do not make it into the content any more. A normalization process should make sure that, before changes to help source files are committed to the repository, the format of the source follows certain rules that are to be defined, cleaning up the source before a commit.
- Please help to reduce the length of Too long help files
- A nice overview over the Help Standardisation issues from David King is available.
|Content on this page is licensed under the Public Documentation License (PDL).|