MySQL driver for OpenOffice.org
The MySQL driver for OpenOffice.org (also called Connector/OO.org) is a "native" MySQL driver for OpenOffice.org. Before the development of the Conenctor/OO.org, OO.org has used JDBC/ODBC to connect to the MySQL Server. JDBC/ODBC adds an extra level of indirection to the connection and is generally speaking more difficult to install but Connector/OO.org.
Please note that this page is not part of the end-user documentation, check [MySQL Forge Connector/OpenOffice for end-user documentation.. This page is part of the project documentation and used by the development team to coordinate their work.
Develop a "native" MySQL driver for OpenOffice.org which is at least as feature-complete as other drivers. Complete the task before the release of OO.org 3.0.
Status and Releases
- 04/2008 - Preview version released for OO.org 2.4
- 02/2008 - Kick-Off Meeting Hamburg
- Before - Native driver development by Georg Richter
'Primary contact person shown in bold letters.
- Frank Schoenheit, Technical Lead OpenOffice.org/StarOffice Base, firstname dot lastname at sun dot com, (Development)
- Ocke Janssen, firstname dot lastname at sun dot com, (Development)
- Georg Richter, Development Manager - Connectors & Client Connectivity, firstname at mysql dot com, (Development)
- Ulf Wendel, Senior Software Engineer, uwendel at mysql dot com, (QA, Documentation)
- Andrey Hristov, Software Engineer, firstname at mysql dot com, (Development)
- Lawrenty Novitsky, Software Developer, lawrin at mysql dot com, (QA, Development)
- 22.05.2008 - Technical Meeting of the entire Development team
- 29.04.2008 - Technical Meeting, Hamburg
- 12.02.2008 - Non public Kick-Off Meeting, Hamburg
- Mailinglists and IRC
- irc.freenode.org - #dev.openoffice.org
- OpenOffice 3 CVS
- checkout: cvs -d :pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvs checkout -r DEV300_m10 OpenOffice3
- update to CWS code status: cvs update -r cws_dev300_mysqlnative
- CWS (child workspace) of Connector/OO.org
- Build environment on lsmy3 (MySQL internal)
- Introduction on Building OOo
- For general questions ask on the OOo community mailing lists
- MySQL Connector/OpenOffice.org