FOSDEM 6-7 February 2010 in Brussels, Belgium
This page will collect ideas, todos and everything else that is related to the OpenOffice.org project activities @FOSDEM 2010. Planned activities are so far a stand to represent the OpenOffice.org project and to be the central info point for all OpenOffice.org related questions. And we want again organize a DevRoom to inform about our ongoing development work and projects. For more details please check the sections below.
For all FOSDEM relevant communication the mailing list email@example.com is used. If you are interested in any activities around FOSDEM please subscribe yourself. For special message or requests (like CFP) we will use some further mailing lists as well.
OpenOffice.org is accepted and we have a DevRoom for 1 day, on Saturday 6th February from 13:00 to 19:00. We will share our DevRoom with the ODF group which have no additional own DevRoom.
Call for Papers
The schedule for our DevRoom is organized by us and we can use the time as we want. We should plan with 45, 90 or 120 minutes sessions.
Some things that should be taken into account
- activity title (please try to be descriptive, there are ~250 talks at FOSDEM during the week-end ;)),
- a short abstract (1-2 paragraphs),
- a longer description if appropriate,
- optionally a list of links to the project website or similar
- for each speaker:
- the speaker's real name,
- a short overview of her bio in a couple of lines,
- optionally also a longer bio,
- optionally a picture (please send it to Juergen as 128x128 PNG),
- optionally links to her website, blog, ...
We have no guarantee so far but probably we can sponsor potential speakers with some funding to at least cover parts of the costs.
Papers, talks, workshop proposals or something else that fits into the DevRoom should be proposed on the following wiki page CFP until Friday 12/18/2009.
Changes are still possible
|OpenOffice.org DevRoom, Building AW, Room AW1.120|
|13:00 - 13:45||Welcome + Tips and Tricks for Extension Developer||talk||?||Juergen Schmidt|
|13:45 - 14:30||New docking windows for a better UI & extension integration||talk||?||Carsten Driesner|
|14:30 - 15:15||Improving the OpenOffice.org Build System||talk||?||Bjoern Michaelsen|
|15:15 - 16:00||Just Testing||talk||?||Stephan Bergmann|
|16:00 - 16:45||Show me YOUR code||workshop||?||Eike Rathke|
|16:45 - 17:30||Hidden Pearls - What's There to ReUse for Other Projects||talk||?||Thorsten Behrens|
|17:30 - 18:00||ODF Tools and Resources||talk||?||Bart Hanssens|
|18:00 - 18:30||ODF on the server - ODFDOM architecture||talk||?||Svante Schubert|
|18:30 - 19:00||lpOD – languages & platforms OpenDocument||talk||?||Luis Belmar Letelier|
Our stand will be most probably in building AW
|10:00 - 12:00|| floeff, jsc, lmo, sb, sophi, b_michaelsen|
|12:00 - 14:00|| floeff, lmo, er, sophi, thb|
|14:00 - 16:00|| floeff, cno, lmo, sophi, cd|
|16:00 - 18:00|| floeff, jsc, cno, lmo, sophi, b_michaelsen|
|10:00 - 12:00|| probably floeff, jsc, sophi, b_michaelsen, thb|
|12:00 - 14:00||jsc, cno, sb, sophi, cd|
|14:00 - 16:00||cno, er, sophi|
|16:00 - 17:00|| cno, sophi|
- sophi: I'll bring a coffee machine, tea and coffee, water, biscuits and cakes. Plugs, scissors, etc... A blue table coth. What else?
- jsc: i will bring 3 posters, stickers and t-shirts. All with the same design!
|File:Fosdem design.pdf|| design background:|
- the squirl stands for a moving, rotating, active, vital community
- the cubes stand for the many, many individuals
- and the different colors stand for different countries, continents.
Saturday Evening OOo Community Event
L'Achepot (Gourmet Bistro)
Place Sainte-Catherine, 1 - 1000 Brussels - Tel : +32 (0)2 511 62 21
Open from 12h to 14h30 and from 19h to 22h45.
...details will coming soon
|Name||Stay||Function||Funding request||Dinner on Saturday|
|Juergen Schmidt||Friday - Sunday||Stand/DevRoom||140 Euro hotel, ~150 Euro fuel||yes|
| Florian Effenberger
||Friday-Sunday||Stand/Marketing|| yes (approx. 250-300 EUR)
| Cor Nouws [cno]
||both days||Stand/Marketing||70 Euro Hotel, 90 Euro train||?|
|Jacqueline Rahemipour||both days||120 Eur hotel, 90 Eur train||?|
|Eike Rathke||both days||Stand / DevRoom||140 Euro hotel, ~150 Euro fuel||yes, 2 persons|
|Thorsten Behrens||both days||Stand / DevRoom||124 Euro hotel, 140 Euro airfare||?|
|Bjoern Michaelsen||both days||Stand / DevRoom||140 Euro hotel||?|
|Stephan Bergmann||both days||Stand / DevRoom||140 Euro hotel||yes|
|Carsten Driesner||both days||Stand / DevRoom||140 Euro hotel, ~150 Euro fuel||?|
|Sophie Gautier||both days||Stand||no||?|
Brussels is a big city and especially during work days crowded with EU people. Here you can find three hotels that are all in the city directly and a perfect start point for the conference as well as night life activities. The prices are all for a single room.
- Hotel Astrid, price at the weekend 69 Euro or Cash&Sleep 59 Euro
- Hotel Aris, price at the weekend 75 Euro or Cash&Sleep 65 Euro
- Hotel Alma, price at the weekend 75 Euro or Cash&Sleep 65 Euro
Feel free to insert some more recommendations.