Difference between revisions of "Community Council/Minutes"

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
 
(68 intermediate revisions by 7 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
=Minutes of Meetings=
+
{{Community_Council}}
 +
= Minutes of Meetings =
  
== 2009-11-26 ==
+
== 2011-04-21 ==
  
Regular meeting via IRC
+
Attendees: Andreas Bartel, Matthias Hütsch, Louis Suarez-Potts, Eike Rathke,  Stefan Taxhet
 +
absent: Jürgen Schmidt
 +
Minute Taker: Martin Hollmichel
  
=== IRC log ===
+
Some discussion about the Councils offer of their availability as community contacts to Oracle.
* [[Community_Council_Log_20091126]]
+
  
 +
== 2011-04-01 ==
  
== 2009-11-03 (F2f in Orvieto) ==
+
Attendees: Andreas Bartel, Matthias Hütsch, Eike Rathke, Jürgen Schmidt, Stefan Taxhet
 +
absent: Louis Suarez-Potts
 +
Minute Taker: Martin Hollmichel
  
The meeting ran through the AIs from the previous meeting as follows:
+
=== Agenda ===
  
# Action Items from previous meeting (text of AI ''in italics'')
+
* Budget 2011
## Budget ''Louis: will send list of events to plan the marketing budget shortly'' - complete
+
* Internship 2010
## Trademark ''LSP (and ST) to provide to CC members offlist the proposal for voting then with comments on list: review by the cc (by November 4) and then start discussion on discuss@'' - Proposals had been put to Sun and Debian trademark folks. US trademark law requires trademark owners to quality control and monitor usage of trademarks. Agreement with Debian looks possible on name usage, but not on logo (about box and splash screen). Usage of name would be restricted to binaries built from the community repository (with patches). Need to come up with a proposal which allows free usage for "Download OOo" buttons and 'click through' mechanism to approve use on CD cases etc. Note that changing the logo (OOoCon session) would require registering a new trademark. Need also to consider the case of current practice within the community - e.g. annual OOoCon logos, "Cento Milioni" logo, etc. '''New AI: ST to take back to trademark list'''
+
* Internship 2011
## Elections ''Louis announce elections October 9 or 10 / aim: elections finished before the OOoCon'' - underway
+
* activities of the project
## Internship ''Cor (et all): Continue on the preparations / Try to have more clear in 3rd week of October (big Education event in Toronto) / Louis and Matthias: working on suport (where neccesary) from project leads / Louis: contacting Seneca to organise support for them / Louis: to send to contests@marketing update on Seneca College, China (Tsinghua) and others for internship and mentoring'' - Louis to meet Seneca. Agreed that training in core OOo development is too high a barrier for first degree students - should look instead at extensions etc. Japanese IPA group want to send a developer to Hamburg to learn how to code a fix to a local font problem. Resource constraints in Sun mean there is no-one currently available. If Community funded a backfill could that release a core developer? Stefan recommends marketing activity should be directed at attracting extension developers rather than core. '''AI: Martin to put together a proposal for hiring a technical writer to document getting started on OOo development'''. Agreed to continue with "Winter of Code" - '''AI: Cor to own and cry for help if required'''.
+
## Distribution infrastructure (Bouncer) ''Wait for results of testing (prepared by Florian)'' - MirrorBrain looks like a good replacement for Bouncer but MI needs sorting. '''AI: John to talk to Florian to see if we should hire someone to develop the MI'''
+
## l10n infrastructure (Pootle) ''Wait for nagios a.o. monitoring results'' - availability of 85% is not acceptable. Hamburg now responsible. Pootle version upgrade imminent, but questions raised over long term viability of Pootle. To address issues, agreed: do a version upgrade;  if necessary 'throw hardware at it' '''AI: Stefan'''; find better tool that is a closer fit (Launchpad? - or possibly a new project starting off to create a new Pootle?).
+
## Procedures for retirement of a project in Incubator and NLC ''Louis: deliver final wording after the discussion that was on the mail list'' - carry forward
+
## Proposal for handling incubator and NLC projects ''Louis: come with clear proposal, so we can put it on the agenda for a future meeting'' - carry forward
+
## Meeting at OOoCon 2009 - complete
+
## OOoCon 2009 ''Schedule a CC Q&A'' - complete
+
## Budget 2010 ''Start budgeting (planning spending money) for the next year before the OOoCon by mail'' - Annual Euro 100,000 budget should be sustainable based on current levels of income from inidivual contributions. '''AI: all budget holders to submit their requests for a share of this 100k'''.
+
  
== 2009-10-22 ==
+
=== Budget 2011 ===
  
=== Agenda of that meeting ===
+
It was agreed on the [[Community_Council/Funding_And_Budgets/Budget_2011 | 2011]] budget (with a slightly higher amount as [[Community_Council/Funding_And_Budgets/Budget_2010 | 2010]] ) and with similar numbers as in 2010.
# List of decisions and AI's of [[Community_Council/Minutes#Minutes_of_Meetings | previous meeting]] for approval
+
# Action items - from previous meeting(s)
+
##  Budget
+
### Louis: continue on list of events selected for importance to the community and to OOo's goals (for marketing budget primirarly)
+
## Trademark
+
### Stefan et al:  in process with progess among stakeholders
+
### then with comments on list: review by the cc (by November 4) and then start discussion on discuss@
+
## Elections
+
### Louis announce elections October 9 or 10
+
### aim: elections finished before the OOoCon
+
## OpenOffice.org Internship
+
### Cor (et all): Continue on the preparations,
+
### Try to have more clear in 3rd week of October (big Education event in Toronto)
+
### Louis and Matthias: working on suport (where neccesary) from project leads
+
### Louis: contacting Seneca to organise support for them
+
### Louis: to send to contests@marketing update on Seneca College, China (Tsinghua) and others for internship and mentoring
+
## Distribution infrastructure
+
### Wait for results of testing (pepared by Florian)
+
## l10n infrastructure
+
### Wait for nagios a.o. monitoring results
+
## Procedures for retirement of a project in Incubator and NLC
+
### Louis: deliver final wording after the discussion that was on the mail list
+
## Proposal for handling incubator and NLC projects
+
### Louis: come with clear proposal, so we can put it on the agenda for a future meeting
+
## Meeting at OOoCon 2009
+
### compile an agenda on the mail list and also advertise the meeting date and agenda options to project leads
+
### extended meeting on Tuesday evening
+
## OOoCon 2009
+
### Schedule a CC Q&A
+
## Budget 2010
+
### Start budgeting (planning spending money) for the next year before the OOoCon by mail
+
# Council coordinator
+
## Start for Stefan in this position
+
## choosing his successor (for the period from February 2010 - May 2010).
+
# ..
+
  
 +
=== Internship 2010 ===
  
=== Decisions made ===
+
Jürgen will write up a summary regarding the internship 2010 (AI Jürgen), this should be published soon. Jürgen stated that the internship was quite successful and many of the results are expected to get integrated into the code.
(specific topics that do not return in the AI's)
+
# Elections CC: late nominees have to wait for the next elections, that will come really soon after current elections
+
  
 +
There was a longer discussion on how sustainable these internships are, quite controversially. Even if interns don't show up after their internship has been finished and we don#t see them all acting as multiplicators it seems useful to run the Internship again.
  
=== Ideas to keep in mind for nearby future ===
+
=== Activities of the project ===
# CC meeting at OOoCon
+
## f2f meeting with the major sponsors at OOoCon to discuss about the project status
+
## or presentation off cc to major stakeholders
+
# Communicating and deciding in the CC
+
## Do we need a reply on a proposal/question from each member, or do we say: no reply is OK/agree?
+
# make "parnership" a new agenda item (spin off from work on certification)
+
  
 +
There's a lack of visibility of the OpenOffice.org project between releases. We are in the moment too weak on PR and other things. The OpenOffice.org 3.3 release had some good coverage in the press.
  
=== IRC log ===
+
Contributions from non Oracle developers have decreased. It was suggested to invest in areas of the OpenOffice.org product where it is easy for 3rd party vendors to provide their own work. We already have a good basis for this with the template and extension repositories.
* [[Community_Council_Log_20091022]]
+
  
 +
For the Templates site there is some room for improvement:
 +
* better and more templates
 +
* leveraging the voting system
 +
* better search capabilities, better categorization
 +
* better integration in the template dialog, integrated search etc.
  
=== AI's ===
+
In some areas similar applies for the extension site.
#  Budget
+
## Louis: will send list of events to plan the marketing budget shortly.
+
# Trademark
+
## LSP (and ST) to provide to CC members offlist the proposal for voting
+
## then with comments on list: review by the cc (by November 4) and then start discussion on discuss@
+
# Elections
+
## elections proceed as scheduled
+
# OpenOffice.org Internship
+
## Cor (et all): Continue on the preparations,
+
## Try to have more clear in 3rd week of October (big Education event in Toronto)
+
## Louis and Matthias: working on suport (where neccesary) from project leads
+
## Cor will explain why that was necessary
+
## Louis: contacting Seneca to organise support for them
+
## Louis: to send to contests@marketing update on Seneca College, China (Tsinghua) and others for internship and mentoring
+
# Distribution infrastructure
+
## Wait for results of testing (pepared by Florian)
+
# l10n infrastructure
+
## Wait for nagios a.o. monitoring results
+
# Procedures for retirement of a project in Incubator and NLC
+
## Louis: deliver final wording after the discussion that was on the mail list
+
# Proposal for handling incubator and NLC projects
+
## Louis: come with clear proposal, so we can put it on the agenda for a future meeting
+
# Meetings at OOoCon 2009
+
## compile an agenda on the mail list and also advertise the meeting date and agenda (Tuesday afternoon) options to project leads
+
## extended council meeting for on Tuesday evening
+
## Q&A with the council on ..
+
# Budget 2010
+
## MHU: Send first proposal for budget before the OOoCon by mail
+
  
== 2009-10-08 ==
+
Also the integration of content feeds (blogs, news, other references) within the startup were discussed (like Netbeans, MS Developer Studio, etc. do).
  
=== Agenda of that meeting ===
+
Preparation for the upcoming 3.4 release are ongoing, activities in the QA and l10n projects are recovering again from last years “event”.
  
 +
=== Internship 2011 ===
  
# List of decisions and AI's of [[Community_Council/Minutes#Minutes_of_Meetings | previous meeting]] for approval
+
Plan is to prepare internship for 2011 with focus with above topics (template and extension site integration), Stefan will ask for providing mentorship again. Especially the re-design of the template dialog might require some more efforts, more money will be put on this if required.
# Action items - from previous meeting(s)
+
##  Budget
+
### Louis: working on list of events selected for importance to the community and to OOo's goals (for marketing budget primarily)
+
## Trademark
+
### Stefan et al:  in process with progess among stakeholders
+
### then with comments on list: review by the cc (sometime early September) and then start discussion on discuss@
+
## Elections
+
### Louis and Matthias work on the elections
+
### aim: elections conceived for early September
+
## OpenOffice.org Internship
+
### Cor (et all): Continue on the preparations
+
### Louis and Matthias: working on suport (where neccesary) from project leads
+
### Louis: contacting Seneca to organise support for them
+
### Louis: to send to contests@marketing update on Seneca College, China (Tsinghua) and others for internship and mentoring
+
## L10n infrastructure
+
### Wait for results of testing (pepared by Florian)
+
## OpenOffice.org Certification
+
### Cor: close voting this week, so ping Pavel and his deputy
+
### while discussing, work on building stones for other (requests for) partnerships
+
## Procedures for retirement of a project in Incubator and NLC
+
### Louis: deliver final wording after the discussion that was on the mail list
+
## Proposal for handling incubator and NLC projects
+
### Louis: come with clear proposal, so we can put it on the agenda for a future meeting
+
# Council Meeting at the OOoCon
+
## Our agenda
+
# OOoCon 2009
+
## Update
+
# Budget 2009
+
## Idea/request for Dev-budget
+
## l10n infrastructure - see mail Stefan
+
## Issue with taxes from past years cleared up?
+
# Budget 2010
+
## Start planning spending money for the next year asap.
+
# Council coordinator
+
## On 2009-05-28 we dicided to vote for a council coordinator in 4 months, for the time from February 2010 - May 2010.
+
## And for Stefan to be in from October 2009 - January 2010 (provided his boss agrees)
+
# ...
+
  
=== Decisions made ===
+
=== Action Items ===
(specific topics that do not return in the AI's)
+
  
 +
* 2011-04-01-01 : Jürgen to provide summary about internship 2010
 +
* 2011-04-01-02 : all: collect possible requirements for templates and extensions integration
 +
* 2011-04-01-03 : Stefan: ask for mentor-ship support
  
=== Ideas to keep in mind for nearby future ===
 
# CC meeting at OOoCon
 
## f2f meeting with the major sponsors at OOoCon to discuss about the project status
 
## or presentation off cc to major stakeholders
 
# Communicating and deciding in the CC
 
## Do we need a reply on a proposal/question from each member, or do we say: no reply is OK/agree?
 
# make "parnership" a new agenda item (spin off from work on certification)
 
  
  
=== IRC log ===
+
== Archived Meeting Minutes  ==
* [[Community_Council_Log_20091008]]
+
  
 +
The following pages archive the old meeting minutes of the Community Council:
  
=== AI's ===
+
*[[Community Council/Minutes 2010|Minutes 2010]]
#  Budget
+
*[[Community Council/Minutes 2009|Minutes 2009]]
## Louis: continue on list of events selected for importance to the community and to OOo's goals (for marketing budget primarily)
+
*[[Community Council/Minutes 2008|Minutes 2008]]
# Trademark
+
*[[Community Council/Minutes 2007|Minutes 2007]]
## Stefan et al:  in process with progess among stakeholders
+
## then with comments on list: review by the cc (by November 4) and then start discussion on discuss@
+
# Elections
+
## Louis announce elections October 9 or 10
+
## aim: elections finished before the OOoCon
+
# OpenOffice.org Internship
+
## Cor (et all): Continue on the preparations,
+
## Try to have more clear in 3rd week of October (big Education event in Toronto)
+
## Louis and Matthias: working on suport (where neccesary) from project leads
+
## Louis: contacting Seneca to organise support for them
+
## Louis: to send to contests@marketing update on Seneca College, China (Tsinghua) and others for internship and mentoring
+
# Distribution infrastructure
+
## Wait for results of testing (pepared by Florian)
+
# l10n infrastructure
+
## Wait for nagios a.o. monitoring results
+
# Procedures for retirement of a project in Incubator and NLC
+
## Louis: deliver final wording after the discussion that was on the mail list
+
# Proposal for handling incubator and NLC projects
+
## Louis: come with clear proposal, so we can put it on the agenda for a future meeting
+
# Meeting at OOoCon 2009
+
## compile an agenda on the mail list and also advertise the meeting date and agenda options to project leads
+
## extended meeting on Tuesday evening
+
# OOoCon 2009
+
## Schedule a CC Q&A
+
# Budget 2010
+
## Start budgeting (planning spending money) for the next year before the OOoCon by mail
+
  
== 2009-09-24 ==
+
[[Category:Community_Council]]
 
+
Was not really a meeting.
+
Agenda of that meeting shifted to the next meeting.
+
 
+
 
+
== 2009-08-20 ==
+
 
+
=== Agenda of that meeting ===
+
 
+
 
+
# List of decisions and AI's of [[Community_Council/Minutes#Minutes_of_Meetings | previous meeting]] for approval
+
# Action items - from previous meeting(s)
+
##  Budget
+
### Louis: use marcon list and post to wiki list of events selected for importance to the community and to OOo's goals
+
## Trademark
+
### Stefan et all: discuss with Debian (09-07-10) and give feed back
+
### then with comments on list: review by the cc , and then start discussion on discuss@
+
## Elections
+
### Thalion72 (and mhu is going to help) to send to louis (and jpmcc) proposal for elections announcement for editing, writing, etc. (around May 30)
+
### Louis: ping André ..
+
## OpenOffice.org Internship
+
### Cor (et all): Start of the public process (announcement etc.) asap
+
### Louis: to send to contests@marketing update on Seneca College, China (Tsinghua) and others for internship and mentoring
+
## L10n infrastructure
+
### André: continue on http://l10n.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=10839 , and discuss with Florian
+
### (See remarks in the log from cloph)
+
### Louis: ping André ..
+
## OpenOffice.org Certification
+
### all: continue discussion with Alexandro and Evan via mail list
+
### goal is to come to decission asap
+
### while discussing, work on building stones for other (requests for) partnerships
+
## Procedures for retirement of a project in Incubator and NLC
+
### Louis: deliver final wording after the discussion that was on the mail list
+
## Proposal for handling incubator and NLC projects
+
### Louis: come with clear proposal, so we can put it on the agenda for a future meeting
+
## Schedule for next meetings
+
### Cor: continue on this via mail
+
# OOoCon 2009
+
## Update
+
# Budget
+
## Idea/request for Dev-budget
+
## l10n infrastructure - see mail Stefan
+
## Issue with taxes from past years cleared up?
+
# ...
+
 
+
 
+
=== Decisions made ===
+
 
+
 
+
=== Ideas to keep in mind for nearby future ===
+
# CC meeting at OOoCon
+
## f2f meeting with the major sponsors at OOoCon to discuss about the project status
+
## or presentation off cc to major stakeholders
+
# Communicating and deciding in the CC
+
## Do we need a reply on a proposal/question from each member, or do we say: no reply is OK/agree?
+
 
+
 
+
=== IRC log ===
+
* [[Community_Council_Log_20090820]]
+
 
+
 
+
=== AI's ===
+
#  Budget
+
## Louis: working on list of events selected for importance to the community and to OOo's goals (for marketing budget primirarly)
+
# Trademark
+
## Stefan et al:  in process with progess among stakeholders
+
## then with comments on list: review by the cc (sometime early September) and then start discussion on discuss@
+
# Elections
+
## Louis and Matthias work on the elections
+
## aim: elections conceived for early September
+
# OpenOffice.org Internship
+
## Cor (et all): Continue on the preparations
+
## Louis and Matthias: working on suport (where neccesary) from project leads
+
## Louis: contacting Seneca to organise support for them
+
## Louis: to send to contests@marketing update on Seneca College, China (Tsinghua) and others for internship and mentoring
+
# L10n infrastructure
+
## Wait for results of testing (pepared by Florian)
+
# OpenOffice.org Certification
+
## Cor: close voting this week, so ping Pavel and his deputy
+
## while discussing, work on building stones for other (requests for) partnerships
+
# Procedures for retirement of a project in Incubator and NLC
+
## Louis: deliver final wording after the discussion that was on the mail list
+
# Proposal for handling incubator and NLC projects
+
## Louis: come with clear proposal, so we can put it on the agenda for a future meeting
+
 
+
== 2009-07-09 ==
+
 
+
=== Agenda of that meeting ===
+
 
+
# List of decisions and AI's of [[Community_Council/Minutes#Minutes_of_Meetings | previous meeting ]] for approval
+
# Action items - from previous meeting(s)
+
##  Budget
+
### Louis: use marcon list and post to wiki list of events selected for importance to the community and to OOo's goals
+
## Trademark
+
### Stefan: discuss the item with Debian and give feed back
+
### then with comments on list: review by the cc , and then start discussion on discuss@
+
### update
+
## Elections
+
### Thalion72 (and mhu is goning to help) to send to louis (and jpmcc) proposal for elections announcement for editing, writing, etc. (around May 30)
+
### update
+
## OpenOffice.org Internship
+
### Cor (et all): Start of the public process (announcement etc.) asap
+
### update
+
## L10n infrastructure
+
### André: continue on http://l10n.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=10839 , and discuss with Florian
+
### (See remarks in the log from cloph)
+
## OpenOffice.org Certification
+
### all: continue discussion via mail wthin next day's
+
### goal is to come to decission asap
+
### update
+
## Procedures for retirement of a project in Incubator and NLC
+
### Louis: deliver final wording after the discussion that was on the mail list
+
## Proposal for handling incubator and NLC projects
+
### Louis: come with clear proposal, so we can put it on the agenda for a future meeting
+
## Schedule for next meetings
+
### Cor: continue on this via mail
+
# OOoCon 2009
+
## Update
+
## Any special preparations AFA-the CC-IC ?
+
 
+
 
+
=== Decisions made ===
+
 
+
 
+
=== Ideas to keep in mind for nearby future ===
+
# CC meeting at OOoCon
+
## f2f meeting with the major sponsors at OOoCon to discuss about the project status
+
## or presentation off cc to major stakeholders
+
# Communicating and deciding in the CC
+
## Do we need a reply on a proposal/question from each member, or do we say: no reply is OK/agree?
+
 
+
 
+
=== IRC log ===
+
* [[Community_Council_Log_20090709]]
+
 
+
 
+
=== AI's ===
+
#  Budget
+
## Louis: use marcon list and post to wiki list of events selected for importance to the community and to OOo's goals
+
# Trademark
+
## Stefan et all: discuss with Debian (09-07-10) and give feed back
+
## then with comments on list: review by the cc , and then start discussion on discuss@
+
# Elections
+
## Thalion72 (and mhu is goning to help) to send to louis (and jpmcc) proposal for elections announcement for editing, writing, etc. (around May 30)
+
## Louis: ping André ..
+
# OpenOffice.org Internship
+
## Cor (et all): Start of the public process (announcement etc.) asap
+
## Louis: to send to contests@marketing update on Seneca College, China (Tsinghua) and others for internship and mentoring
+
# L10n infrastructure
+
## André: continue on http://l10n.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=10839 , and discuss with Florian
+
## (See remarks in the log from cloph)
+
## Louis: ping André ..
+
# OpenOffice.org Certification
+
## all: continue discussion with Alexandro and Evan via mail list
+
## goal is to come to decission asap
+
## while discussing, work on building stones for other (requests for) partnerships
+
# Procedures for retirement of a project in Incubator and NLC
+
## Louis: deliver final wording after the discussion that was on the mail list
+
# Proposal for handling incubator and NLC projects
+
## Louis: come with clear proposal, so we can put it on the agenda for a future meeting
+
# Schedule for next meetings
+
## Cor: continue on this via mail
+
 
+
== 2009-06-25 ==
+
 
+
=== Agenda of that meeting ===
+
 
+
# List of decisions and AI's of [[Community_Council/Minutes#Minutes_of_Meetings | previous meeting ]] for approval
+
# Action items - from previous meeting(s)
+
##  Budget
+
### Louis: use marcon list and post to wiki list of events selected for importance to the community and to OOo's goals
+
## Trademark
+
### Stefan: gather feedback from Sun legal people, tries within one week, but asks for ETA first
+
### Cor: Ask Bernard for editing and Alex for his legal opinion
+
### then one week for review by the cc , and then start discussion on discuss@
+
## Elections
+
### Thalion72 to send to louis (and jpmcc) proposal for elections announcement for editing, writing, etc. (around May 30)
+
## OpenOffice.org Internship
+
### Cor (et all): Start of the public process (announcement etc.) in week 25
+
### Update
+
## L10n infrastructure
+
### André: continue on http://l10n.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=10839 , and discuss with Florian
+
## Project improvement page
+
### André: try to help discussion on project leads list
+
## OpenOffice.org Certification
+
### Cor: continue discussion via mail shortly
+
### Update
+
## Procedures for retirement of a project in Incubator and NLC
+
### Cor: ask Louis for final wording after the discussion that was on the mail list
+
## Proposal for handling incubator and NLC projects
+
### Louis: come with clear proposal, so we can put it on the agenda for a future meeting
+
## Schedule for next meetings
+
### Cor: pick this up via mail
+
# Future with oracle, do we have ideas/whishes ..
+
## See this [http://council.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=discuss&msgNo=2125 mail]
+
# ...
+
 
+
 
+
=== Decisions made ===
+
# continue with OOo Internship, although it might be late for some countries / possible participants
+
 
+
 
+
=== Ideas to keep in mind for nearby future ===
+
# CC meeting at OOoCon
+
## f2f meeting with the major sponsors at OOoCon to discuss about the project status
+
## or presentation off cc to major stakeholders
+
# Communicating and deciding in the CC
+
## Do we need a reply on a proposal/question from each member, or do we say: no reply is OK/agree?
+
 
+
 
+
=== IRC log ===
+
* [[Community_Council_Log_20090625]]
+
 
+
 
+
=== AI's ===
+
 
+
#  Budget
+
## Louis: use marcon list and post to wiki list of events selected for importance to the community and to OOo's goals
+
# Trademark
+
## Stefan: discuss the item with Debian and give feed back
+
## then with comments on list: review by the cc , and then start discussion on discuss@
+
# Elections
+
## Thalion72 (and mhu is goning to help) to send to louis (and jpmcc) proposal for elections announcement for editing, writing, etc. (around May 30)
+
# OpenOffice.org Internship
+
## Cor (et all): Start of the public process (announcement etc.) asap
+
# L10n infrastructure
+
## André: continue on http://l10n.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=10839 , and discuss with Florian
+
## (See remarks in the log from cloph)
+
# OpenOffice.org Certification
+
## all: continue discussion via mail wthin next day's
+
## goal is to come to decission asap
+
# Procedures for retirement of a project in Incubator and NLC
+
## Louis: deliver final wording after the discussion that was on the mail list
+
# Proposal for handling incubator and NLC projects
+
## Louis: come with clear proposal, so we can put it on the agenda for a future meeting
+
# Schedule for next meetings
+
## Cor: continue on this via mail
+
 
+
== 2009-06-11 ==
+
 
+
=== Agenda of that meeting ===
+
 
+
# Minutes of previous meeting for approval
+
# Action items - from previous meeting(s)
+
##  Budget
+
### Louis: use marcon list and post to wiki list of events selected for importance to the community and to OOo's goals
+
## Trademark
+
### discussion to continue on dicsuss@ after June 11th
+
## Elections
+
### Thalion72 to send to louis (and jpmcc) proposal for elections announcement for editing, writing, etc. (around May 30)
+
### Update
+
## OpenOffice.org Internship
+
### Stefan to suggest the budget for the internship program as suggested by the proposal
+
### Update
+
## L10n infrastructure
+
### Stefan, André, Cor: continue on http://l10n.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=10839
+
## Project improvement page
+
### Cor: ping Louis to mail project leads
+
## OpenOffice.org Certification
+
### Louis:  to sent the old plan just as reminder what we had already done
+
### Cor: ask Alexandro and Evan for materials, a business plan, and ask if some financial support can help with that
+
### Update
+
## Procedures for retirement of a project in Incubator and NLC
+
### louis_to, stx12, Thalion72: with louis_to to come up with initial draft, stx12 with steps for retirement/removal/ and Thalion72 to reivew and edit as needed
+
# Proposal for handling incubator and NLC projects
+
## formalise the practise to delegate confirmation of Incubator project to project_leads@ and for native language projects to leads of NLC.
+
# Schedule for next meetings
+
## Only one more appointment left: June 26
+
## Shall we add another month, or is July too much occupied by vacations ?
+
 
+
=== Decisions made ===
+
 
+
=== IRC log ===
+
* [[Community_Council_Log_20090611]]
+
 
+
=== AI's ===
+
 
+
#  Budget
+
## Louis: use marcon list and post to wiki list of events selected for importance to the community and to OOo's goals
+
# Trademark
+
## Stefan: gather feedback from Sun legal people, tries within one week, but asks for ETA first
+
## Cor: Ask Bernard for editing and Alex for his legal opinion
+
## then one week for review by the cc , and then start discussion on discuss@
+
# Elections
+
## Thalion72 to send to louis (and jpmcc) proposal for elections announcement for editing, writing, etc. (around May 30)
+
# OpenOffice.org Internship
+
## Cor (et all): Start of the public process (announcement etc.) in week 25
+
# L10n infrastructure
+
## André: continue on http://l10n.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=10839 , and discuss with Florian
+
# Project improvement page
+
## André: try to help discussion on project leads list
+
# OpenOffice.org Certification
+
## Cor: continue discussion via mail shortly
+
# Procedures for retirement of a project in Incubator and NLC
+
## Cor: ask Louis for final wording after the discussion that was on the mail list
+
# Proposal for handling incubator and NLC projects
+
## Louis: come with clear proposal, so we can put it on the agenda for a future meeting
+
# Schedule for next meetings
+
## Cor: pick this up via mail
+
 
+
== 2009-05-28 ==
+
 
+
=== Agenda of that meeting ===
+
 
+
# Minutes of previous meeting for approval
+
# Action items - from previous meeting(s)
+
## Budget
+
### Matthias, André and Cor agreed on a meeting regarding budget issues for next monday.
+
### Louis: again ping, to get estimates for several important upcoming events to budget@
+
## Trademark
+
### Update after the renewed discussion on tm@ooo
+
## Elections
+
### ...
+
## OpenOffice.org Internship
+
### Update
+
## L10n infrastructure
+
### Stefan, André, Cor: continue on http://l10n.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=10839
+
## Project improvement page
+
### Cor: add some content, then ping Louis to mail project leads
+
## proposal council coordinator
+
### Cor: ask votes of members not present at the meeting
+
# OpenOffice.org Certification
+
## Review [[Education/Certification/Petition| the petition]] for endorsement.
+
# Proposal for handling incubator and NLC projects
+
## formalise the practise to delegate confirmation of Incubator project to project_leads@ and for native language projects to leads of NLC.
+
 
+
 
+
=== Minutes ===
+
TBD
+
 
+
 
+
=== Decisions made ===
+
# Trademark
+
## cc decides in two weeks on the trademark proposal, then discussion brought to dicsuss@
+
# council coordinator
+
## [http://council.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=discuss&msgNo=2090 proposal] approved:  Cor is the first one in this role, then Stefan, and after 4 months we already vote for the third period.
+
# Budget
+
## Waiting for outcome of taxes, then more clear budgetting
+
(see log)
+
 
+
 
+
=== IRC log ===
+
* [[Community_Council_Log_20090528]]
+
 
+
=== AI's ===
+
 
+
#  Budget
+
## Louis: use marcon list and post to wiki list of events selected for importance to the community and to OOo's goals
+
# Trademark
+
## discussion to continue on dicsuss@ after June 11th
+
# Elections
+
## Thalion72 to send to louis (and jpmcc) proposal for elections announcement for editing, writing, etc. (around May 30)
+
# OpenOffice.org Internship
+
## Stefan to suggest the budget for the internship program as suggested by the proposal
+
# L10n infrastructure
+
## Stefan, André, Cor: continue on http://l10n.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=10839
+
# Project improvement page
+
## Cor: ping Louis to mail project leads
+
# OpenOffice.org Certification
+
## Louis:  to sent the old plan just as reminder what we had already done
+
## Cor: ask Alexandro and Evan for materials, a business plan (suggested content in log) and ask if some financial support can help with that.
+
# Procedures for retirement of a project in Incubator and NLC
+
## louis_to, stx12, Thalion72: with louis_to to come up with initial draft, stx12 with steps for retirement/removal/ and Thalion72 to reivew and edit as needed
+
 
+
== 2009-05-14 ==
+
 
+
=== Agenda of that meeting ===
+
 
+
# Minutes of previous meeting for approval
+
# Action items
+
## Budget
+
### Louis:  schedule a conference call with CC members regarding budget issues
+
### Matthias: more clear on situation wrt taxes to pay?
+
### Louis: Send and gather estimates for several important upcoming events to budget@
+
## Trademark policy
+
### Do we know by now why we need/want it
+
## Elections
+
### in preparation - see [http://council.openoffice.org/servlets/BrowseList?list=discuss&by=thread&from=2228762 mailing list]
+
### status of [[Community_Council/Items/Election_Process_Proposal]]
+
### approve removal of utilities project
+
### approve removal of odftoolkit project
+
## L10n infrastructure
+
### More news from discussion?
+
## Project improvement page
+
### Cor add some content, then ping Louis to mail project leads
+
# OpenOffice.org Internship
+
## (should be starting soon)
+
# Proposal for role of council coordinator
+
## (  see [http://council.openoffice.org/servlets/BrowseList?list=discuss&by=thread&from=2222504 mail list]  )
+
## ...
+
 
+
 
+
=== Minutes ===
+
TBD
+
 
+
=== Decisions made ===
+
 
+
# the accepted project utilities has been merged into framework, and thus no longer a separate accepted project
+
# odftoolkit, now a separate project outside OOo, and thus no longer a separate incubator projects
+
# Community_Council/Items/Election_Process_Proposal accepted as final
+
 
+
 
+
=== IRC log ===
+
* [[Community_Council_Log_20090514]]
+
 
+
 
+
=== AI's ===
+
# Budget
+
## Matthias, André and Cor agreed on a meeting regarding budget issues for next monday.
+
## Louis: again ping, to get estimates for several important upcoming events to budget@
+
# Trademark
+
## Update after the renewed discussion on tm@ooo
+
# Elections
+
## ...
+
# OpenOffice.org Internship
+
## Update
+
# L10n infrastructure
+
## Stefan, André, Cor: continue on http://l10n.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=10839
+
# Project improvement page
+
## Cor: add some content, then ping Louis to mail project leads
+
# proposal council coordinator
+
## Cor: ask votes of members not present at the meeting
+
 
+
== 2009-04-30 ==
+
 
+
=== Agenda of that meeting ===
+
# Minutes of previous meeting for approval
+
# Action items
+
## Budget
+
### Louis:  schedule a conference call with CC members for next week regarding budget issues
+
### Matthias: money on account and estimates for incomes and taxes to pay
+
### Louis: Send estimates for several important upcoming events to budget@
+
## SPI - update
+
## Trademark
+
### Update
+
## Louis, André: elections draft announcement + schedule
+
## L10n infrastructure
+
## Cor: project improvement page: further clarification
+
## All: project improvement page: input for content and links
+
## ..
+
# OpenOffice.org Internship
+
## Discussion started on contests@marketing.openoffice.org
+
## last time, marketing was the weekest point
+
## idea is that funding comes from marketing and development budget
+
## any suggestions / whishes from the cc at this moment
+
# Proposal for role of council coordinator
+
## see [http://council.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=discuss&msgNo=2000 mail list]
+
## discussion
+
## to go or not to go
+
# Growing the project
+
## ...
+
# Guidelines for bundling extensions
+
:: [http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=100836 issue 100836] requests the removal of the writer2latex extension from OOo 3.1 (raised as showstopper)
+
:: reason was given in [http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=100744 issue 100744] as "According to our guidelines for bundling extensions we cannot bundle extensions which are not covered by the guidelines to contribute (meaning SCA)."
+
:: Question to the council: where are those guidelines, who approved these guidelines at what time?
+
 
+
=== IRC log ===
+
* [[Community_Council_Log_20090430]]
+
 
+
=== AI's ===
+
 
+
# Budget
+
## Louis:  schedule a conference call with CC members regarding budget issues
+
## Matthias: more clear on situation wrt taxes to pay?
+
## Louis: Send and gather estimates for several important upcoming events to budget@
+
# Trademark policy
+
## Do we know by now why we need/want it
+
# Elections
+
## Running ?
+
# L10n infrastructure
+
## More news from discussion?
+
# Project improvement page
+
## Cor add some content, then ping Louis to mail project leads
+
 
+
=== Notes ===
+
Important info / discussion, not coming back as AI for the nextmeeting
+
 
+
* SPI; info about procedures /  position / possibility to improve (when we want to invest time)
+
 
+
=== Minutes ===
+
 
+
TBD
+
 
+
== 2009-04-09==
+
 
+
=== Agenda of that meeting ===
+
# L10n builds distribution over the network, see [http://council.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=discuss&msgNo=1986 Rafaella mail]
+
## what can we do to support
+
## ..
+
# Growing the project
+
## see [http://council.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=discuss&msgNo=1999 mail list]
+
## discussion
+
## to go or not to go
+
# Proposal for role of council coordinator
+
## see [http://council.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=discuss&msgNo=2000 mail list]
+
## discussion
+
## to go or not to go
+
# Guidelines for bundling extensions
+
:: [http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=100836 issue 100836] requests the removal of the writer2latex extension from OOo 3.1 (raised as showstopper)
+
:: reason was given in [http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=100744 issue 100744] as "According to our guidelines for bundling extensions we cannot bundle extensions which are not covered by the guidelines to contribute (meaning SCA)."
+
:: Question to the council: where are those guidelines, who approved these guidelines at what time?
+
# Minutes of previous meeting for approval
+
# Action items
+
## Budget
+
### Louis:  schedule a conference call with CC members for next week regarding budget issues
+
### Matthias: money on account and estimates for incomes and taxes to pay
+
### Louis: Send estimates for several important upcoming events to budget@
+
## SPI - update
+
## Trademark
+
### Louis to review with André and John trademark proposals; also to revisit the list (done)
+
### Update
+
## Louis, André: elections draft announcement + schedule
+
## Cor to send to CC list proposals on CC function, structure and community growth (both done)
+
 
+
=== log ===
+
* [[Community_Council_Log_20090409]]
+
 
+
=== AI's ===
+
# Budget
+
## Louis:  schedule a conference call with CC members for next week regarding budget issues
+
## Matthias: money on account and estimates for incomes and taxes to pay
+
## Louis: Send estimates for several important upcoming events to budget@
+
# SPI - update
+
# Trademark
+
## Update
+
# Louis, André: elections draft announcement + schedule
+
# L10n infrastructure
+
# Cor: further discussion on proposal council coordinator via mail
+
# Cor: project improvement page: further clarification
+
# All: project improvement page: input for content and links
+
 
+
=== Minutes ===
+
TBD
+
 
+
== 2009-03-26==
+
 
+
=== Agenda of that meeting ===
+
# Minutes of previous meeting for approval
+
# Action items
+
## Elections ..
+
## New charter - done
+
## Budget precedures - done
+
## SPI
+
### mails to CC list ..
+
### info on donations page - done
+
## Trademark
+
## Growing the project
+
### info on wiki
+
### further ideas / discussion
+
# (2009) Budget
+
## Is it possible to work with yearly spending / income sheets etc. (see irc log)
+
# Proposal for role of council co-ordinator
+
## appoint a council coordinator every 4 to 5 months, who is responsible during that time for poking the colleagues ;-) etc.
+
### will improve overall cc-performance
+
### will help to share the feeling of really being part of it, of joined responsibility
+
# L10n builds distribution over the network, see [http://council.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=discuss&msgNo=1986 Rafaella mail]
+
 
+
=== log ===
+
* [[Community Council Log 20090326]]
+
 
+
=== AI's ===
+
Action items
+
# Budget
+
## Louis:  schedule a conference call with CC members for next week regarding budget issues
+
## Matthias: money on account and estimates for incomes and taxes to pay
+
## Louis: Send estimates for several important upcoming events to budget@
+
# SPI - update
+
# Trademark
+
## Louis to review with André and John trademark proposals; also to revisit the list (done)
+
## Update
+
# Louis, André: elections draft announcement + schedule
+
# Cor to send to CC list proposals on CC function, structure and community growth (both done)
+
 
+
=== Minutes ===
+
* Minutes TBD
+
 
+
== 2009-03-12  [[Community Council Notes 20090312]] ==
+
 
+
=== Agenda of that meeting ===
+
# Minutes of previous meeting for approval and action items
+
# 2008 Financial Statement
+
# 2009 Budget
+
# Proposal for role of Community Co-ordinator (Cor)
+
# Update on Trademarks (Sophie)
+
 
+
=== Attendees ===
+
* Sophie Gautier (sophi)
+
* Matthias Huetsch (mhu)
+
* John McCreesh (jpmcc)
+
* Cor Nouws (CorNouws)
+
* André Schnabel (Thalion72)
+
* Stefan Taxhet (stx12)
+
 
+
** absent: Pavel Janik (paveljanik)
+
** absent: Martin Hollmichel (_Nesshof_)
+
 
+
 
+
=== Minutes ===
+
====New and Familiar Action Items====
+
* Elections: to commence this week with candidate nominations (Louis and Sophie).
+
*Announcements related to new charter and elections:
+
1. For new charter (André and John, ''completed'')
+
2. for nominations and election news, 3 days after the first announcement
+
* Trademark update (In lawyer's hands; update: Sophie, John, Louis): "in progress"
+
* Budget procedures clarification (John and probably others): ''in progress''
+
* LSP: Louis to re-send to CC list original emails related to SPI
+
 
+
===Summary/Minutes===
+
* Prior minutes were approved
+
 
+
===Old Action Items and actions and summary of discussion===
+
* André: review plebiscite on Community Council Proposal, ask the council to formally accept the proposal and publish as new version of the charter - complete - on agenda -''completed''
+
* John: make budget procedures more visible - ''completed''
+
* Sophie: prepare a short note about trademark proposal for the next meeting - complete -'' on agenda''
+
* Sophie: resend mail on SPI to the council list for comments - on agenda
+
* Louis / Matthias: get treasurers of Team OOo e.V. and SPI in contact - Action: Matthias to ping Louis for contact details - ''completed''
+
* Charter change (André) see email - Agreed Proposal formally accepted by Council, updated on Web, ''completed''.
+
Trademark (Sophie) draft_0.6 is ready, waiting comments from Marketing - Action: under legal review, ''continuing''
+
* Budget (Cor) we intended to decide on the budget for 2009. Is info available? Martin said this was scheduled for March.
+
* Budget (Cor) Proposal for clear routing of funding request: see email. Agreed. Action - Cor --''completed''
+
* Budget (Cor) Proposal to ask the l10n-team at Sun, if new hardware is badly needed see mail. Action Stefan to see if we can improve quality of service by spending CC budget on infrastructure: ''completed'':
+
** ST spoke with Rafallea Branconi and she "feels comfortable with the current setup with 2 pootle servers.'we will monitor these more closely to see whether they are as reliable as we need it. Sophie argued that language partition is inefficient and that we should partition by region instead. ''Discussion to continue''
+
* Budget (Sophie) SPI Info needed see mail – Action: Louis/Sophie contacted SPI and Louis is sending MHU notifications of donations; link to SPI repository on donation page (http://contributing.openoffice.org/donate.html). L/S attended last Board meeting as observers and will participate more actively to run for office. (Why SPI? Because makes it easier for US residents to pay via cheque or credit card.)
+
* Growing the project (Cor) see mail Action Cor to put on the wiki- completed: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Community_Council/Project_Improvements : ''Discussions to be conducted on list'' '''Action remaining: Louis to re-send to CC list original emails'''.
+
* This year's GSoC (John) Action Stefan to see if we are likely to be accepted- ''discussed''
+
* Proposals for OOoCon and the Community consultation process (John). John stated that after discussions on the lists, the Marketing Project had decided to change the process to award OOoCon one year in advance. This would give teams more time to prepare and to allow them to learn from the previous team. This means this year the MP will be awarding OOoCon 09 and 10, then next year OOoCon 11, etc. As time was short, John agreed to continue this conversation on the CC list. Action John--''completed''
+
 
+
== 2009-02-19  (IRC) ==
+
 
+
===Attendees===
+
* Sophie Gautier (sophi)
+
* Pavel Janik (paveljanik)
+
* Martin Hollmichel (_Nesshof_)
+
* Matthias Huetsch (mhu)
+
* John McCreesh (jpmcc)
+
* Cor Nouws (CorNouws)
+
* André Schnabel (Thalion72)
+
* Stefan Taxhet (stx12)
+
 
+
* missing:
+
** Louis Suarez-Potts (absent)
+
 
+
===Minutes===
+
16:45 Meeting opened
+
# Minutes of previous meeting - approved
+
# Action items
+
## André: review plebiscite on Community Council Proposal, ask the council to formally accept the proposal and publish as new version of the charter - complete - ''on agenda''
+
## John: make budget procedures more visible - ''complete''
+
## Cor: draft a proposal for a more clear workflow - ''on agenda''
+
## Sophie: prepare a short note about trademark proposal for the next meeting - complete - ''on agenda''
+
## Sophie: resend mail on SPI to the council list for comments - ''on agenda''
+
## Louis / Matthias: get treasurers of Team OOo e.V. and SPI in contact - '''Action''': Matthias to ping Louis for contact details
+
# Charter change (André) [http://council.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=discuss&msgNo=1944 see email] -  '''Agreed''' Proposal formally accepted by Council
+
# Trademark (Sophie) draft_0.6 is ready, waiting comments from Marketing - '''Action''': John to review
+
# Budget (Cor) we intended to decide on the budget for 2009. Is info available? Martin said this was scheduled for March.
+
# Budget (Cor) Proposal for clear routing of funding request: [http://council.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=discuss&msgNo=1923 see email]. '''Agreed'''. '''Action''' - Cor to add to wiki
+
# Budget (Cor) Proposal to ask the l10n-team at Sun, if new hardware is badly needed [http://council.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=discuss&msgNo=1843 see mail]. '''Action''' Stefan to see if we can improve quality of service by spending CC budget on infrastructure
+
# Budget (Sophie) SPI Info needed [http://council.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=discuss&msgNo=1854 see mail] - already discussed
+
# Growing the project (Cor) [http://council.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=discuss&msgNo=1946 see mail] '''Action''' Cor to put on the wiki
+
# This year's [http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2009/faqs.html GSoC] (John) '''Action''' Stefan to see if we are likely to be accepted
+
# [http://marketing.openoffice.org/ooocon2009/cfl/index.html Proposals for OOoCon] and the Community consultation process (John). John stated that after discussions on the lists, the Marketing Project had decided to change the process to award OOoCon one year in advance. This would give teams more time to prepare and to allow them to learn from the previous team. This means this year the MP will be awarding OOoCon 09 and 10, then next year OOoCon 11, etc. As time was short, John agreed to continue this conversation on the CC list. '''Action''' John
+
# AOB - none
+
17:49 UTC Meeting closed
+
 
+
 
+
==2009-01-22 (IRC)==
+
 
+
===Attendees===
+
* Sophie Gautier (sophi)
+
* Martin Hollmichel (_Nesshof_)
+
* Matthias Huetsch (mhu)
+
* Cor Nouws (CorNouws)
+
* André Schnabel (Thalion72)
+
* Stefan Taxhet (stx12)
+
 
+
* missing:
+
** Louis Suarez-Potts (excused)
+
** Pavel Janik
+
 
+
===New Action Items===
+
 
+
* André: review plebiscite on Community Council Proposal, ask the council to formally accept the proposal and publish as new version of the charter
+
 
+
* John: make budget procedures more visible
+
* Cor: draft a proposal for a more clear workflow
+
+
* Sophie: prepare a short note about trademark proposal for the next meeting
+
 
+
* Sophie: resend mail on SPI to the council list for comments
+
* Louis / Matthias: get treasurers of Team OOo e.V. and SPI in contact
+
 
+
 
+
 
+
===Agenda===
+
 
+
# Minutes of previous meeting for approval
+
# Approval of provisional budgets for 2009
+
# Endorsement of "Developer's Manifesto 2009"
+
# AOB
+
 
+
===Minutes===
+
 
+
* budget holders can start with the same budgets as for 2008. Budgets for 2009 will be reviewed end of Feb. (after Team OOo e.V. finished finanzial review, budged holders are asked to prepare a more detailed budget plan, if possible)
+
 
+
* a "Developer's Manifesto 2009" will be published on the OOo website, as porposed on the [http://council.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=discuss&msgNo=1922 council mailing list]
+
 
+
* Other business
+
** the new Charter Proposal has passed all steps that are necessary to become final. The results of the plebiscite need to be reviewed and the proposal needs to be published at the council website as new version of the charter.
+
:: AI for André: review plebiscite, ask the council to formally accept the proposal and publish as new version of the charter
+
 
+
:* André suggested to move the budget and funding procedures to the council website. Proposal was rejected, as the procedure is likely to be reworked.
+
:: AI for John: make budget procedures more visible
+
:: AI for Cor: draft a proposal for a more clear workflow
+
+
:* CorNouws asked what the status of the trademark proposal is
+
:: AI for Sophie: prepare a short note about trademark proposal for the next meeting
+
 
+
:* Sophie asked for more information about SPI
+
:: AI for Sophie: resend mail on SPI to the council list for comments
+
:: AI for Louis / Matthias: get treasurers of Team OOo e.V. and SPI in contact
+
 
+
=== Log ===
+
[[Community Council Log 20092201]]
+
 
+
== OLDER MEETINGS  ... 2008 and before ==
+
See the next page:
+
[[Community_Council/Minutes_2008_and_older]]
+
 
+
 
+
[[Category:Community Council]]
+

Latest revision as of 15:59, 27 April 2011

Community Council

The Community Council members are your representatives

About


Communication


Ideas related to the community? Tell us!

Minutes of Meetings

2011-04-21

Attendees: Andreas Bartel, Matthias Hütsch, Louis Suarez-Potts, Eike Rathke,  Stefan Taxhet
absent: Jürgen Schmidt
Minute Taker: Martin Hollmichel

Some discussion about the Councils offer of their availability as community contacts to Oracle.

2011-04-01

Attendees: Andreas Bartel, Matthias Hütsch, Eike Rathke, Jürgen Schmidt, Stefan Taxhet
absent: Louis Suarez-Potts
Minute Taker: Martin Hollmichel

Agenda

  • Budget 2011
  • Internship 2010
  • Internship 2011
  • activities of the project

Budget 2011

It was agreed on the 2011 budget (with a slightly higher amount as 2010 ) and with similar numbers as in 2010.

Internship 2010

Jürgen will write up a summary regarding the internship 2010 (AI Jürgen), this should be published soon. Jürgen stated that the internship was quite successful and many of the results are expected to get integrated into the code.

There was a longer discussion on how sustainable these internships are, quite controversially. Even if interns don't show up after their internship has been finished and we don#t see them all acting as multiplicators it seems useful to run the Internship again.

Activities of the project

There's a lack of visibility of the OpenOffice.org project between releases. We are in the moment too weak on PR and other things. The OpenOffice.org 3.3 release had some good coverage in the press.

Contributions from non Oracle developers have decreased. It was suggested to invest in areas of the OpenOffice.org product where it is easy for 3rd party vendors to provide their own work. We already have a good basis for this with the template and extension repositories.

For the Templates site there is some room for improvement:

  • better and more templates
  • leveraging the voting system
  • better search capabilities, better categorization
  • better integration in the template dialog, integrated search etc.

In some areas similar applies for the extension site.

Also the integration of content feeds (blogs, news, other references) within the startup were discussed (like Netbeans, MS Developer Studio, etc. do).

Preparation for the upcoming 3.4 release are ongoing, activities in the QA and l10n projects are recovering again from last years “event”.

Internship 2011

Plan is to prepare internship for 2011 with focus with above topics (template and extension site integration), Stefan will ask for providing mentorship again. Especially the re-design of the template dialog might require some more efforts, more money will be put on this if required.

Action Items

  • 2011-04-01-01 : Jürgen to provide summary about internship 2010
  • 2011-04-01-02 : all: collect possible requirements for templates and extensions integration
  • 2011-04-01-03 : Stefan: ask for mentor-ship support


Archived Meeting Minutes

The following pages archive the old meeting minutes of the Community Council:

Personal tools