- 1 Introduction to the CC Year plan – first draft
- 2 How to work on this plan
- 3 Year plan
Introduction to the CC Year plan – first draft
This start for the plan has been briefly discussed in the community council.
How to work on this plan
Working on it means: - Maybe adding removing items - Fill in details of items, so that the plan is Specific, Measureable, Acceptable, Realistic and has a Time-line.
Areas of activity
Items in the plan can be situated in the areas where the CC is active, as mentioned in the charter:
- Strategic planning and resource allocation.
- Relations with sponsors and the public.
- Arbitration within the greater OpenOffice.org Community
- Separate categories
- Growing the community
- The Comunity Counsil itself.
A. Strategic planning and resource allocation
- suitable fund management mechanism
- recently we made good steps already on this path, so maybe time is right to finish this
- coordinate on long-term development planning issues with producers of other derivative commercial products.
- This may help to increase the cooperation with existing partners as Novell and IBM
- update Strategic Marketing Plan 2005-2010 which is volume 1 - "Marketing the Product" and prepare volume 2 - "Marketing the Community."
B. Relations with sponsors and the public
- feedback, etc. to Sun on legal, business
- the known issues on trademark and related
C. Arbitration within the greater OpenOffice.org Community
- Create new Projects
- support regional communities regional use and development and education
- dismiss inactive Projects
D. Growing the community
- bring more visibility on the individual contributors
- vision on what "the community" is and in what direction we like it to develop
- collaborating with people who do great work for developing OOo but who do not use our infrastructure
E. The CC itself
- better handling of tasks agreed upon;
- better involvement in discussions;
- Regular CC meeting
- meetings shall be held once a month regularly
- members are obliged to attend regular CC meetings
- members prioritize regular CC meetings over anything else