Difference between revisions of "Community Council/Agenda"

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Update Agenda and Work Status)
(Upcoming Meeting)
 
(23 intermediate revisions by 8 users not shown)
Line 2: Line 2:
 
== Upcoming Meeting<br>  ==
 
== Upcoming Meeting<br>  ==
  
Date: 2010-08-12 (Derived from the [[Community Council/Calendar|Community Council Meeting Calendar]])
+
Date: 2011-06-07
  
Time: [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=12&month=08&year=2010&hour=18&min=30&sec=0&p1=0 18.30 UTC] (click on the link to show world clock times)
+
Agenda: * What's next ?
  
 
Location: IRC
 
Location: IRC
Line 25: Line 25:
 
| ''none''<br>  
 
| ''none''<br>  
 
| all<br>  
 
| all<br>  
| 2010-07-24<br>  
+
| 2010-11-25<br>  
 
|  
 
|  
*Meeting minutes of previous meeting at [[Community Council/Minutes#2010-07-22|Minutes#2010-07-22]]<u><br></u>  
+
*Meeting minutes of previous meeting at [[Community Council/Minutes#2010-11-25|Minutes#2010-11-25]]<u><br></u>  
 
*<u>Result</u>: (to be confirmed)
 
*<u>Result</u>: (to be confirmed)
  
Line 33: Line 33:
 
| 2010-03-04#2 <br>  
 
| 2010-03-04#2 <br>  
 
| Refresh Incubator and NLC Project processes <br>  
 
| Refresh Incubator and NLC Project processes <br>  
| Accepted<br>  
+
| In progress<br>  
 
| Louis <br>  
 
| Louis <br>  
| 2010-03-18<br>  
+
| 2010-11-25<br>  
 
|  
 
|  
*No new proposal available. Louis will work on that.<br>
+
*The NLC homepage (http://native-lang.openoffice.org/) has the language in the policy I wrote many years ago, and I'll be using a version of that plus the earlier drafts submitted to resolve this. The hangup has been what to do with mothballed projects, what to do with the data. We will create an effective category, with very limited permissions, called something like, "Inactive Projects" and the data will remain there, unto perpetuity or the closes thing to it.  Expect new update by next CC meeting.<br>
*Next steps: Will be discussed in next meeting.
+
  
|-
 
| 2010-03-04#3 <br>
 
| Publicize the open slot at the start of the CC meetings <br>
 
| Accepted<br>
 
| Juergen <br>
 
| 2010-07-23<br>
 
|
 
*History:
 
**Proposal had been presented on March 30th and agreed on<br>
 
**Martin to prepare announcement on discuss before next meeting -- AI transferred to Jürgen
 
*Activities:<br>
 
**add new section under '''Procedures''' in the meeting guideline, see [[Community Council/Meeting Guidelines#Public_QA|Meeting Guidelines - Public QA]]
 
**add 2 new public QA session in the meeting calendar, see [[Community Council/Calendar#Meetings_in_2010|Meetings in 2010]]
 
**post information email to council-discuss
 
*After the first session, improvements required for:
 
**Naming seems to be ambiguous (QA and Q&amp;A are already project names, proposals: "Ask the Community Council", "Discuss with the Community Council", "Community and Council",&nbsp; "Questions-and-Answers Session")
 
**Wider announcement of the Questions-and-Answers session (proposal: discuss@ooo, dev@ooo, NLCs should also announce it, Blog?)
 
**Exact begin of the open slot (it was unclear whether it should start 30 minutes before the official CC session or starts at the usual CC time)
 
*Next Steps: Ask Juergen to work on the improvements.
 
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 64: Line 44:
 
| Talk to Education Project Leads about structure and remit <br>  
 
| Talk to Education Project Leads about structure and remit <br>  
 
| Stalled<br>  
 
| Stalled<br>  
| John, Cor <br>  
+
| louis<br>  
| 2010-03-18<br>  
+
| 2010-11-25<br>  
 
|  
 
|  
*Cor to prepare a draft and present it to the Community Council. Nothing done yet.
+
*Louis to take this on and report by next CC meeting of discussions held with the responsible persons. <br>
*Next steps: Will be discussed in next meeting.<br>
+
 
+
|-
+
| 2010-04-01#7 <br>
+
| Talk to NLC about ‘NLC of the Month’ for OOo Newsletter <br>
+
| Accepted<br>
+
| Charles <br>
+
| 2010-04-01<br>
+
|
+
*Inteview with the Irish team has been done. No further information available by his deputy (Leif).<br>
+
*Next steps: Charles has scheduled the next project to be interviewed (the Sinhala project). He would also like to discuss how to extend the media impact of these interviews.<br>
+
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 85: Line 54:
 
| Accepted<br>  
 
| Accepted<br>  
 
| All <br>  
 
| All <br>  
| 2010-07-22<br>  
+
| 2010-11-25<br>  
 
|  
 
|  
 
*What do we see, where are we, what are we going to do about it.<br>  
 
*What do we see, where are we, what are we going to do about it.<br>  
Line 91: Line 60:
 
**All CC members are asked to think about it and Cor will prepare a proposal for an detailed agenda.<br>  
 
**All CC members are asked to think about it and Cor will prepare a proposal for an detailed agenda.<br>  
 
**Leif already collected some issues (e.g. rare communication via blogs) and will send that to Cor.<br>  
 
**Leif already collected some issues (e.g. rare communication via blogs) and will send that to Cor.<br>  
*Next Steps: Proposal that the CC&nbsp;will work on that at the OOoCon in Budapest.
+
*Next Steps: Proposal that the CC&nbsp;will work on that at the OOoCon in Budapest.  
 +
**Cor send a mail on 2010-08-12 with some items for the agenda.<br>
 +
*2010-09-03/09-21: Page with draft plan [[Community Council/collaboration in the OOo-community|improvement community collaboration]]
 +
*2010-11-25: Stefan will continue to work on this on behalf of other CC members
  
 
|-
 
|-
| 2010-04-29#2<br>  
+
| 2010-11-25#1 <br>
 +
| Update OOo Internship Project 2010<br>
 +
| New<br>
 +
| JSC<br>
 +
| 2010-11-25<br>  
 
|  
 
|  
Missing OOo desktop presence
+
* the project ended official on November 14th<br>
 
+
* 5 of 6 project finished successful. One project is put on hold by a request of the student because the lack of time. We offered to finish this project later after the exam when the student has more time again.<br>
| Accepted<br>  
+
* all projects had a good outcome which will result in a future office release or where we can at least use it as more than a good start point for further work on this topic/feature.<br>
| Christoph, Stefan
+
* overall a good experience and a good project which we should definitely repeat<br>
| 2010-07-22<br>
+
* 2010-11-25: a complete summary will be available in the wiki later
|
+
*Request by a community member to discuss / decide the following question: "''Why should OpenOffice.org give away it's presence on the user's desktop - the main place to be recognized by the people - only to support the "application independency" of ODF?'' A Sun employee stated "The idea of supporting ODF as a application independent open standard is the priority." This leads / will lead to changes with regard to the document and application icon design. The current ODF "only" icons seem to be undesired by the community. Original request to the CC on ooo-discuss: [http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=discuss&msgNo=65958 initial mail (2010-04-14)], [http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/BrowseList?listName=discuss&from=2361081&to=2361081&count=28&by=thread&first=1&windowSize=1000 full mail thread]
+
*Discussion:
+
**2010-04-29: Some members stated that the request should be "more actionable" and "better framed" to be decided by the community. Proposal has been made to forward the request to council-discuss to propose how to proceed.
+
**2010-05-02: Christoph forwarded the [http://council.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=discuss&msgNo=2564 request to the CC&nbsp;mailing list]. A first discussion took place.  
+
**2010-05-20: Intensive discussion about the request and how to address it. Stefan and Christoph agreed to work out a request to the ODF Icons team to iterate on the design and/or processes. Maybe a "refreshed" team which may provide an agreed-upon proposal. Stefan stated that there shouldn't be any dependency to the next/other releases.
+
**2010-06-08: Some opinions have been requested from people who initially worked in the branding initiative. Either there isn't feedback yet, or the people aren't currently available to support the i-Team. Ongoing ...
+
**2010-06-30: Still ongoing ...
+
**2010-07-22: Andreas provided some insight what currently happens within Oracle. The topic "icons" is currently addressed ...
+
***A discussion took place with Michael Bemmer and other people at Oracle.
+
***Outcome: Oracle marketing made a decision that is supposed to be communicated shortly. --&gt; Icons will be redesigned, for the long run, with constraints.
+
***Motivation: The current design fails with regard to usability aspects. --&gt; Redesign is intended with focus on usability.
+
***Constraints: The activity will be run open with all necessary involvements.
+
***Question to Andreas/Martin to discuss whether the official statement may be discussed with the community before it is going to be published "officially".
+
***Decision to keep this CC Action Item open until there is more visible activity.
+
*Next steps: Waiting for the reaction by Oracle, either getting in touch with the community or an official announcement.<br>
+
 
+
 
|}
 
|}
  

Latest revision as of 13:06, 7 June 2011

Community Council

The Community Council members are your representatives

About


Communication


Ideas related to the community? Tell us!

Upcoming Meeting

Date: 2011-06-07

Agenda: * What's next ?

Location: IRC

Agenda and Work Status

The following table represents the agenda of the upcoming meeting and the current work status of topics / action items. Working with this table is described in the Community Council Meeting Guidelines.

ID
Topic
Status
Responsible
Last Update
Details
0
List of Action Items of previous meeting for approval
none
all
2010-11-25
2010-03-04#2
Refresh Incubator and NLC Project processes
In progress
Louis
2010-11-25
  • The NLC homepage (http://native-lang.openoffice.org/) has the language in the policy I wrote many years ago, and I'll be using a version of that plus the earlier drafts submitted to resolve this. The hangup has been what to do with mothballed projects, what to do with the data. We will create an effective category, with very limited permissions, called something like, "Inactive Projects" and the data will remain there, unto perpetuity or the closes thing to it. Expect new update by next CC meeting.


2010-03-04#6
Talk to Education Project Leads about structure and remit
Stalled
louis
2010-11-25
  • Louis to take this on and report by next CC meeting of discussions held with the responsible persons.
2010-04-01#1
Community situation
Accepted
All
2010-11-25
  • What do we see, where are we, what are we going to do about it.
  • Activities:
    • All CC members are asked to think about it and Cor will prepare a proposal for an detailed agenda.
    • Leif already collected some issues (e.g. rare communication via blogs) and will send that to Cor.
  • Next Steps: Proposal that the CC will work on that at the OOoCon in Budapest.
    • Cor send a mail on 2010-08-12 with some items for the agenda.
  • 2010-09-03/09-21: Page with draft plan improvement community collaboration
  • 2010-11-25: Stefan will continue to work on this on behalf of other CC members
2010-11-25#1
Update OOo Internship Project 2010
New
JSC
2010-11-25
  • the project ended official on November 14th
  • 5 of 6 project finished successful. One project is put on hold by a request of the student because the lack of time. We offered to finish this project later after the exam when the student has more time again.
  • all projects had a good outcome which will result in a future office release or where we can at least use it as more than a good start point for further work on this topic/feature.
  • overall a good experience and a good project which we should definitely repeat
  • 2010-11-25: a complete summary will be available in the wiki later


Minutes of Previous Meetings

To be found here.

Personal tools