Limit the number of axis labels displayed
- 1 over 2, 1 over 3,...
- Displaying the labels is automatic but it doesn't always meet the needs.
- covered in http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=58731
Affect units to the axis
- Hundreds, Thousands, Millions,...
- Kilo, Mega,...
- This example displays units in Thousands.
- covered in http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=29918
Axes labels customizable
- One can choose the label text format and number format regardless the data source range.
- In this example, date format displayed differently from the data range. March label text is manually modified.
- In Excel 2000, it's not possible to modify text and label format individually.
- covered in http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=64703
Ability to fix the maximum and minimum property of axes from a spreadsheet cell
Allow to change spacing between axes and axes labels
Outliers: Break Axis
Occasionally one has to picture data that contains outliers. This is currently not easy performed. Consider the following data series: 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, and 200.
Obviously '200' is far beyond the rest of the data. If we plot a bar-graph, the values 1-10 will be barely visible (and have almost the same magnitude), while the value 200 will strike out.
To solve this issue, we need to be able to split the Y-Axis into 2 sections:
- first section could be from 0 to 20
- then it follows a short empty space (Y axis is discontinuous)
- and the 2nd Y-axis, which contains values around 200
Y-axis ^ ^ 210 | | 200 | | 190 | | / OR ... / | 20 | | 10 | | 0 | | a strike through OR ... the Y-axis
This way it is possible to display accurately both the outliers (the 200 value) as well as the normal data, enhancing therefore the visualisation of all the relevant data.